Doctor in Dr Manpreet Global Eye Hospital Patiala
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr Manpreet Global Eye Hospital PatialaYour feedback matters!
Red spot in my left eye and feeling irritated while watching phone, TV, driving. Some fluid like substance start releasing.
Hello doctor, I am 34 year old female. I am a surgical assistant (presently not working). I have chronic bilateral intermediate uveitis. Since 11 years It is non infectious type. And also it is auto immune type of uveitis. The initial symptoms were blurred vision light sensitivity headaches. Till 10 years I was on oral steroid wysolone and 6 times they gave steroid injection to my eye. They also gave steroid eye drops .in ten years for two years I took immunosuppressant methotrexate along with steroids. But there was no improvement instead I developed cataract in my both eyes so doctor told us to stop steroids. But it was not easy to Leave steroids. My body already dependent on steroids. When I stopped taking steroids my eyes got reddened with continuous watering and eye pain. One .i was working in O. T that time because of stopping steroids I was not able to see tiny sutures now couldn't work under o. T. Light. Finally I left job. Then one of our neighbor til me to ayurvedic hospital and there I admitted for 28 days took panchakarma. Now I can stay without steroids. But the condition is remained same. Since one year I am taking ayurvedic medicine (triphala tablet amruthothara kashaya and avipathi chairman) but still I am not able to step out from home because of light sensitivity my near and far vision both are worst. In ten years once they withdrawn my vitreous humor for molecular study. They suspected for tuberculosis but the result came negative. After this test I got new problem that is eye distortion. .in my last consultation doctor was talking about my cataract they said its immature. But still in my right eye light is not passing through lens. My feeling difficult in seeing night time. Doctor I am scared to get operated for cataract according to me what I think is nothing can substitute the original. So I don't willing for cataract surgery. From 3 year I am jobless I really don't want to sit There home. If my light sensitivity, cataract near and far vision night vision improves I can lead normal life. I have difficulty I recognizing people's face though they are very familiar to me. Please please guide me solution for my problems in homeopathy. Please doctor.
My Lenses were lost yesterday .I tried finding it .right eye lens I got stuck near eye ball but in the left eye I am not able to see. Left eye is little swollen & red. Please suggest a remedy on same.
There are many kinds of conditions that affect the eyes and make vision difficult - temporarily or even permanently. Uveitis is one such condition that causes eye inflammation in the middle layer of the tissue that resides in the wall of the eye - also known as the Uvea. The progression of the condition is sudden and the symptoms, quite painful.
Let us get to know more with this article:
- Causes: To understand any condition and how it is to be treated, one must first understand the causes of the said condition. While the specific causes behind the onset of Uveitis are not clear, this inflammatory disorder may be caused as a side effect of others like an autoimmune disorder including those like ankylosing spondylitis or even sarcoidosis. Also, infections such as cat scratch disease, syphilis (learn more about syphilis problem), West Nile virus and others may cause this kind of inflammatory condition that also affects the eyes. Lymphoma is also a kind of cancer that can be found in the eyes, which can create Uveitis. Finally, eye injuries and surgeries may cause this condition too.
- Symptoms: This condition has a variety of symptoms that may flare up suddenly. There are very few cases in which these symptoms start and progress gradually. Redness and pain in the eyes is one of the most commonly experienced symptoms while decreased vision and sensitivity towards glares of light may also be felt by people suffering from this condition. One may also see dark spots floating around and the vision may get blurred as an effect.
- Onset of Symptoms: The symptoms usually depend to a great degree on the part of the eye that gets affected by this condition. The Uvea also consists of the iris, the choroid, and the ciliary body even as it enables blood flow to the deep layers of the retina.
- Medication: In order to treat mild to moderate cases, the ophthalmologistmay prescribe anti-inflammatory medication like corticosteroids, as well as bacteria fighting medicines like antibiotics. Also, immunosuppressants can be used to deal with slightly more severe cases.
- Surgery: Very severe cases will require surgical procedures like a Vitrectomy to remove the vitreous in the eye for better management of the condition. Also, with surgery, the doctor can implant a device that leads to a slow release of medication on a constant basis so that the treatment and prevention of the condition goes on, unhindered. Yet, this method can also come with side effects like the onset of glaucoma.
The severity of the symptoms as well as the extent of the damage will pretty much determine the speed of your recovery as far as this condition is concerned.