Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Gangakhed. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Keshav MundeYour feedback matters!
My baby is 3 month. 15 or 20 days after birth he started vomiting. After every feeding he very much vomiting .he formula feeding baby. Bt after breast feeding he also vomiting .his urine is clear but his stool is not clear. His activities is ok. But he is not growth properly.
My daughter is 1 year old.In 24 hours she sleep 2 hours in day and 7-8 hours in night but not properly. She wakes up 2-3 times in night. She is also under weight baby.In this case what should I do? She don't like to eat except milk. Can I test thyroid of my baby?
Hi, My 2 months old baby girl doesn't passes motion regularly. Usually she pass motion after 5-6 days, However she urinate normally after small intervals. Due to long gap in poop, she irritates and keep crying. As of now, she takes breastfeed only. When we consulted Pediatrician locally, he advised to feed small amount of sugar powder/Glucon D with Milk/Water, but doesn't see any significant difference with this. Please help on this. Also, Pls let me know what should I eat/drink in order to have baby motion regular.
Breast milk is the best for babies and the benefits of breastfeeding are one too many. Breast milk not only supplies your baby with its requirement of vitamins and nutrients, but also gets the substances which fight diseases, making your baby healthy and strong.
Benefits of breastfeeding are:
1. Protects Your Body - Breastfeeding induces some changes in your body which you might not be very delighted to accept, but are for the sake of your baby. Did you know, these very changes benefit you as well. Studies have proved that women who breastfeed are protected against breast and ovarian cancer. The longer you feed, the more protected you are.
2. Reduces Stress - Adding to the benefits of breastfeeding you can derive, is the fact that it helps you reduce stress. It also lessens your risk of postpartum depression. Breastfeeding has been found to be relaxing since it releases the hormone called oxytocin. This release also helps the uterus contract.
3. Averts Risk For Baby - A breastfed baby has lower risk of sudden infant death syndrome.
4. Reduces Obesity Risk In Baby - Breastfed babies have lower chances of obesity. They are good at judging when their tummies are full and therefore stop drinking on time. This leads to healthy growth pattern. Compared to babies who are fed on formula, breastfed babies gain weight at slower speed, hence reducing chances of obesity later in life.
5. Increases Cognitive Skills - Multiple researches have shown that there is a direct relationship between cognitive development and breastfeeding.
6. Enhances Baby’s Immunity - Breastfeed babies are also said to be better protected from developing allergies as immune factors like secretory igA is present only in breast milk. It creates a protective layer on the babys intestinal tract. Babies who aren't breastfeed are known to fall sick pretty frequently as formula diet doesn't build their immunity as mother's milk does.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
My son was born underweight 1.8 kg. He is now one year old but his weight is not increasing as expected. Please suggest some ways to increase his weight.
My 3 year daughter is not gone for potty from last 10 days. She feel that pooty is coming but not come. Out. Is it serious I have to worry or it will be come out. Pls suggest.
How can I change the habit of breast feeding of my child of 3 yrs? She is not taking any other foods. please help.
On successful completion of 4 successful years of specialized dental practice @ dera bassi, abc dentistry offers discount upto 25% on all dental treatment in november, for you just to say thankyou. All you need to do is come for free dental checkup and show this sms to avail the offer. Keep smiling. Contact 9815901670 for appointment
My 9 Month old daughter swallowed a plastic pen cap (back side of the pen). She is not showing any signs of distress. Please suggest what to do?
However, after the permanent teeth come in, sucking may cause problems with the proper growth of the mouth and alignment of the teeth. It can also cause changes in the roof of the mouth. Pacifiers can affect the teeth essentially the same ways as sucking fingers and thumbs, but it is often an easier habit to break. The intensity of the sucking is a factor that determines whether or not dental problems may result. If children rest their thumbs passively in their mouths, they are less likely to have difficulty than those who vigorously suck their thumbs. Some aggressive thumbsuckers may develop problems with their baby (primary) teeth.
Children usually stop sucking between the ages of two and four years old, or by the time the permanent front teeth are ready to erupt. If you notice changes in your child’s primary teeth, or are concerned about your child’s thumbsucking consult your dentist.
Tips for helping your child stop thumbsucking:
Praise your child for not sucking.
Children often suck their thumbs when feeling insecure or needing comfort. Focus on correcting the cause of the anxiety and provide comfort to your child.
For an older child, involve him or her in choosing the method of stopping.
Your dentist can offer encouragement to your child and explain what could happen to their teeth if they do not stop sucking.
If the above tips don’t work, remind the child of their habit by bandaging the thumb or putting a sock on the hand at night. Your dentist or pediatrician may prescribe a bitter medication to coat the thumb or the use of a mouth appliance.