Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Panipat. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sabnam BatraYour feedback matters!
Here are some tips on urinary tract infection during pregnancy
I m 7 months pregnant now. Doctor told abdominal circumference for fetus is low Wat does it mean? It'll affect fetus growth?
Last 4 days I have a itching problem in my vagina and today its over but sudden I have black discharge with transparent discharge is anything related to pregnancy but one day I do sex but I do not insert penis in my vagina only rub and both messedup and Slowly color change in morning its dark black and after its turn brown and then lighter is I am pregnant.
For any advocate of a healthy diet plan, fruits shall always feature as the protagonist. Replete with essential body nutrients, fruits are indeed an important source of body fibers, essential salts and minerals. While the general assumption bids fresh fruits as the healthier alternative, dried fruits too have their fair share of health boosting properties.
However, before you can settle for one over the other, there are certain parameters that need to be inferred closely. It is only by comparing and contrasting the benefits derived from both fresh as well as dried fruits on basis of these heads that we can arrive at a given conclusion.
1. Nutrient density: Since fruits are by and large dense with health boosting components like nutrients, their calorie content on a relative scale is less. One advantage that fresh fruits have in this context is the water proportion in them. Due to the extraction of water from the dried fruits, calories get concentrated alongside the nutrients. This may prove disadvantageous for those trying to cut down the kilos. Fresh fruits on the other hand could benefit them as a sustainable source of energy.
2. Sugar content: When it comes to the density of glucose, fresh fruits and dried fruits, both are at par, essentially. At a given serving size, the sugar content of both varieties do not reflect much of a difference. Although the water content induces a sense of fullness and reduces the subsequent hunger pangs, consumption of fresh fruits also imparts volume.
3. Vitamins: Fresh fruits are extremely beneficial to deal with the problems of dehydration. They are laden with vital vitamins like A, B and C. Therefore, to beat the heat, nothing is as therapeutic as fresh fruits. Contrarily, dried fruits are deprived of their water content, which sometimes compromises their vitamin content since these vitamins are generally heat-sensitive. It also sucks out all of the folate in dried fruits. However, intake of apposite amounts can help in replenishing the vitamin levels that are obtained from the dried fruits.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
My girlfriend and I (18 years old) were fooling around sexually and I took my cloths off and she was in her underwear. My penis rubbed against her vagina several times but I did not ejaculate or penetrate. Plus I might have touched my penis while it was wet before pleasuring her vagina. We are scared that she might become pregnant and we can't buy control pills. It's been 2 days since that happened and she's not showing any signs.
Hi, I'm 24/FM unmarried. I have missed my periods since last 2 months. What is the reason behind this. Waiting for your response.
Am 28 weeks pregnant now. While am laughing too much my stomach is shaking? Am fear that it may affect baby? Is it safe laughing hardly during third trimester?
It is as important for the man as it is for the woman to undergo certain tests before the IVF cycle is started. Fertility is not only an issue for a woman, but it also might be for the man in question. There are certain tests that need to be conducted on men before they can gear up for IVF:
1. Semen Analysis: One of the most important tests for male infertility is semen analysis. Sometimes, a man may be completely healthy, but his sperm production could be of poor quality. Semen analysis is done to provide an accurate evaluation of sperm number, the ability to move (motility), size and shape (morphology), as well as the consistency and volume of the sample collected.
2. Binding Test: Sometimes agglutination occurs where the sperms might stick to each other by their heads or tails. Sperm antibodies might cause this problem. The IVF treatment's success might be compromised if this happens. A simple binding test is done to determine this.
3. Trial Wash: This is also known as sperm wash. It is mostly done to remove chemicals from the sperm. Not doing a sperm wash might end up affecting the later stages of the IVF treatment. In this process, the misshapen and immotile sperm is separated so a clean sample of motile and healthy sperm can be collected.
4. TUNEL Assay: Since sperms build up about half of a child's genetic makeup, a TUNEL Assay or 'sperm DNA test' is required. This test is done to measure the sperm population that have fragmented DNA. Negative impacts on genetics can hamper the success of the fertility treatment.
TUNEL Assay is usually recommended to men with:
- Leukocytes detected by the sperm analysis
- Age approaching 50
- A history of diabetes II type or prostatitis
- Exposure to chemicals or prolonged heat at workplaces
5. Screening for Infectious Diseases: This test is done for both the partners to check for diseases like AIDS, Hepatitis C, and so on.
Mint, scientifically known as ‘mentha’, is a herb with small green leaves and a characteristic strong odour. It is also a virtual cure-all plant. Try using mint by adding it to your meals, oral care and skin care regimen to remain healthy and fresh forever. A few prominent mint health benefits include the following:
Digestion aid: Try mint leaves if you are not feeling hungry. It is a great appetizer as well as a promoter of digestion. It soothes your stomach when you’re suffering from inflammation or indigestion. So, next time you have a stomach upset, go for mint tea or mint oil. Mint’s characteristic aroma acts as an appetizer. It stimulates the salivary glands and other digestive glands to produce saliva and digestive juices, thereby facilitating digestion.
Nausea and headache: Mint leaves, especially freshly crushed leaves, help staunch nausea and headache, thanks to the strong and refreshing aroma. Menthol oil or mint-flavoured products are very useful for alleviating nausea. Similarly, balms with a mint base or mint oil can be rubbed on your forehead and nose to give quick relief from headache. Mint tea oil derived from mint is also very effective in treating nausea and motion sickness while travelling.
Respiratory disorders: The strong minty aroma is very effective in clearing up congestion of the nose, throat, bronchi and lungs. This makes mint a very effective remedy for asthma and common cold. The herb is also a good remedy for cough. This is because mint has a cooling and soothing effect on the throat, nose and other respiratory channels, and this helps relieve the irritation, which causes chronic coughing. Regular use of mint in any form is very beneficial for asthma patients as well, because it is a good relaxant and it relieves congestion that blocks respiratory channels, causing symptoms of asthma.
Depression and fatigue reliever: As mint is a natural stimulant, it can help relieve fatigue and feelings of sadness. Mint essential oil is very good if you are feeling anxious, sad, depressed, low or just plain sluggish. Mint oil can be ingested, applied as a salve topically, or inhaled as a vapour to help with fatigue and depression.
Oral health: Mint has germicidal qualities and can quickly freshen up your breath. It also gets eradicates harmful oral bacteria inside your mouth, alleviating oral health. The mint leaves can be rubbed directly on your tongue, teeth and gums to clean and refresh your mouth. You can also get the benefits of mint by simply chewing on its leaves.
Mint’s anti-pruritic properties can be used for treating insect bites, mosquito bites, stings by honeybees etc. With its cooling property, mint will relieve you of the irritation of stings and bring the swelling down. Also, women can use mint oil to relieve cracks and pain in nipples which occur during breastfeeding." If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Hi, I am 27 years old. In few month my vagina itching and white discharge. Vagina's color is deep red. From two days, I am feeling irrited. Alway feel irritation. Please solve my problem. If you tell me some homeopathy medicine and some cream, I am thankful to you
Being overweight doesn't stop you from getting pregnant but if not managed properly, the excess kilos can have quite a few side effects. Amongst these are an increased risk to infections, gestational diabetes, labor issues and premature birth. Losing weight in the first and last trimester is normal as long as the weight loss is not drastic. Here are a few simple tips to help manage weight during pregnancy effectively.
1. Eat frequent, small meals
Pregnant women are often advised to eat for two. Instead of piling food onto a plate three times a day, break your meals down into smaller bites at more frequent intervals. Eating every two hours is a healthy habit to inculcate. Along with helping maintain portion sizes, this also makes digestion more comfortable.
2. Avoid empty calories
When faced with a choice between fruits and chips, choose the former. Pregnancy cravings are normal but eating a tub of ice cream does not give your body or your baby any nutrition and only lead to unnecessary weight gain. Avoid anything with added sugar and solid fat like soft drinks, fried food, cheese and desserts. These can easily be replaced by fresh juices, nuts, yogurt and fruit sorbets. Also try avoiding caffeine.
3. Drink plenty of water
Apart from preventing dehydration, drinking water also helps in weight maintenance. Filling your stomach with water reduces hunger and thus leads to lesser snacking. Water is also known to increase metabolism.
Regulating your food intake is only one half of weight maintenance. The second half is regular exercise. Consult your doctor to create a workout regime suited to you. If you were a regular gym enthusiast before pregnancy, there should be no reason to stop now but if you lead a sedentary life before pregnancy don't try and start an intensive gym routine. Light yoga, walking, swimming and cycling are great exercise options for pregnant women.
5. Take your prenatal vitamins regularly
Prenatal vitamins are an essential source of the extra nutrition your body needs during pregnancy. While this can in no way replace meals, it should never be missed out. Prenatal vitamins also help maintain weight by giving your body the nutrition it needs without the accompanied calorie and thus can also help maintain pregnancy weight.
The key to maintaining weight during pregnancy is to know your body's requirements and address them properly. For this reason, it is very important to consult your doctor or a dietician to help understand your calorie needs.