Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Panipat and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh TandonYour feedback matters!
I have an eye problem and my eyes flow a lot and everyday when I wake up my eyes become wet so what should I do?
I am male 26. I can not see with my right eye as I have retinal detachment problem since I was 17. I have not undergone any surgery as Dr. had told me that surgery would not help me. Is there any modern treatment for it can I regain my vision back. Also there is squint in my blind eye so that I am loosing my confidence. Can squint surgery help me straighten my eyes. As a eye specialist told me that even though I was treated with squint surgery my eye would cross after some period as my one eye is blind. Can squint surgery help me for aesthetic purpose.
Dear sir, my self shafeeq .i am just 25 year's old .i have eye problem since 4 to 5 year's .and I am wearing a testing glass also but unfortunately I am not satisfied to wearied a testing glass .b'cos I won't watch a continues 3 to 4 hour movie nor to operate a computer system with wearing a testing glass .why it is happening I don't know. Suppose if I couldn't wearied a testing glass then the pain is came then it's okay but I am wearing a testing glass .what is the problem of my eyes can you pls tell me? See I wanna do a full time job .but, b'cos of eye problem I am not doing full time a job. And I hope that you will suggest me a better for my eyes .thank you.
my age is 32 years , and i am residing in hyderabad . i don't have any cough , cold problem but from 3-4 days , drops of water are coming from eyes regularly with a slight burning in the eyes too. what would the possible remedy
The retina is the third and innermost layer of the eye that catches light and helps us focus on things so that we can see clearly. This is one of the most important parts of the eye. The retina is made up of a number of light sensitive cells that are connected to nerve fibres. These nerve fibres help in transmitting the light into imagery through neuro impulses that reach the brain. There are many conditions and diseases that can affect this part of the eye.
Read on to know more.
- Macular degeneration: This is a common eye disease that is usually associated with aging and comes with symptoms like blurry vision and even blindness after a certain point. It can prevent a person from seeing things in a clear and sharp manner. This disease goes through a slow progression and can be of the dry or wet type.
- Diabetic retinopathy: This condition can leave one visually impaired in the long run with complete blindness. This complication usually arises when a person is suffering from diabetes. It can be proliferative or non-proliferative depending on the blood and fluid leakage as well as the severity of the inflammation in the retina. While the symptoms are very subtle, the advancement can begin at a very young age.
- Retinal vein occlusion: This condition usually happens when the veins of the retina gets obstructed or gets a blockage. This can lead to reduced blood flow to the entire area which can lead to significant vision impairment and an increase in the pressure on the eyes.
- Retinal tears and detachments: When the retina gets pulled and is subsequently lifted from its normal position, this can lead to a condition known as retinal tears and detachment. If this condition is not treated properly and on time, it can lead to vision loss in the long run. These tears can happen in smaller sections of the retina which can lead to retinal breaks causing detachments in the retina. This condition is most commonly seen in people over the age of 60.
- Posterior vitreous detachment: The vitreous is a gel like layer that allows the eye to retain its shape even as it allows the light to enter the eye and reach the retina. When the thin fibres connecting this layer and the retina get degenerated, there is a detachment that takes place between the two, leading to this condition.
- Epiretinal membrane and macular holes: The scar like tissue known as the epiretinal membrane that lines the back of the eyes. When the macular tissue gets distorted due to this membrane, a macular hole may form which can lead to progressive vision impairment.