Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Patient Review Highlights
Dt. Tamanna Narang provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, prompt, helped me improve my health and saved my life. please call me because of your body analysis report thatyou suggest
Dt. Tamanna is friendly, encouraging and helpful. Willing to answer any questions you may have.m very satisfied with my results and I highly recommend the weight loss clinic. It really works !!:)
Doctor give ample of time each patient to understand the problem deeply. I have tried few deitcian but only she understand my health condition and recommend me proper diet which is easy to follow and results are visible to me now in a short run. Thanks to her from bottom of my heart.
Miss Narang is one enthusiastic and knowledgeable person! Thanks for the schedule you suggested me. Seems medicine works better now on healthy me! You helped me restoring my faith on doctors! God bless you..
Dietitian Tamanna Narang is very patient and she listens and answer each and every query. Best part about her is she provides diet plan as per your lifestyle and food habits. Her diet plans are very helpful and easy to follow. I lost 4-5 kgs in the first month. I would highly recommend her.
I have been vegan for 13 months. What do you suggest I do to make sure I get enough to calcium? My calcium level is low and also low in vitamin D. I have started taking vitamin D. I have been living in UK since 1971.
Iodine deficiency is a very common problem worldwide and is a major cause of thyroid disorders. The entire mechanism of how deficiency of iodine causes hypothyroidism is a complex explanation. So we will stick to layman terms and keep it simple. Deficiency of iodine causes a range of diseases which, altogether are termed as iodine deficiency diseases. When an individual does not receive enough iodine, the thyroid gland increases in size because the thyroid is unable to make enough hormones that are necessary for the body. This causes the development of a condition called goitre. Iodine deficiency in pregnant and lactating women is a serious concern because it is the most popular cause of preventable mental retardation.
There can be situations where a person might not be getting adequate iodine, but may not show any symptoms of iodine deficiency. The easiest way to know if a person has iodine deficiency is to get a urine test done or a blood test done to check the level of iodine in the body. Thyroid is a very important gland and is responsible for the following:
- Controlling the metabolic rate
- Boosting synthesis of proteins
- Regulating blood flow and heart rate
- Promoting brain development and linear growth in children
- Helping in normal reproductive functioning in adults
Here are the most common signs that can tell you that your thyroid is not functioning properly due to deficiency of iodine.
- You feel lethargic and tired most of the times and suffer from weakness constantly (due to reduced metabolic rates).
- You may start feeling cold, even when it is visibly warm for the others around you.
- You may have difficulty in concentrating and might have a poor memory (due to slowed down mental processes)
- You may experience unusual weight gain.
- You may become more prone to depressive periods.
- You may notice your skin becoming thick and puffy or your face becoming puffier than usual.
- You may suffer from hair loss.
- You may start having frequent problems of constipation.
- Your skin might feel really dry.
- You might feel your heart beating slower.
- Visible signs would include enlargement of the chin and neck area (caused due to enlargement of your thyroid gland).
With proper treatment and change in diet, iodine deficiency disorders can be prevented with ease. For a better diagnosis, you must consult an experienced medical practitioner and follow his suggestions for improving the iodine levels in your body.