Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Chhabra HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Miss Narang is one enthusiastic and knowledgeable person! Thanks for the schedule you suggested me. Seems medicine works better now on healthy me! You helped me restoring my faith on doctors! God bless you..
Dt. Tamanna is friendly, encouraging and helpful. Willing to answer any questions you may have.m very satisfied with my results and I highly recommend the weight loss clinic. It really works !!:)
Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rathershe has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. The Chhabra Hospital in panipat is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. I was panicked, but she made a perfect diet chart for me. Dt.Tamanna Narang has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Chhabra HospitalIt has been quite some time that i was suffering from diet.
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The diet planning has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. Even though Tamanna Narang is not from our city, she is still very famous, so we consulted her. The best thing about Tamanna Narang is that she does suitable diet planning. Hygiene is very important, and I must Chhabra Hospital was extremely clean. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself.
I am so much benefitted with her gain weight treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. The overall atmosphere in the Chhabra Hospital is very soothing. On the very first day she identified my problem. The entire Chhabra Hospital is very nicely designed. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results. with dt.tamanna narang.
Dietitian Tamanna Narang is very patient and she listens and answer each and every query. Best part about her is she provides diet plan as per your lifestyle and food habits. Her diet plans are very helpful and easy to follow. I lost 4-5 kgs in the first month. I would highly recommend her.
Doctor give ample of time each patient to understand the problem deeply. I have tried few deitcian but only she understand my health condition and recommend me proper diet which is easy to follow and results are visible to me now in a short run. Thanks to her from bottom of my heart.
Dt. Tamanna Narang provides answers that are very helpful. Doctor, I am obese 68 years and weighs 95 kgs 5'5" ht. Morning I take 4 iddlis and one tea. Lunch I take Rice (little) eve I take tea and snacks . In the night 2 chapathis. I walk I hour
Dt. Tamanna Narang provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, prompt, helped me improve my health and saved my life. please call me because of your body analysis report thatyou suggest
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Tamanna Narang to be helped me improve my health, knowledgeable and very helpful. I was age 60 have to improve to my weight now only. 56 kg. Height 5'7
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Tamanna Narang to be very helpful. Very useful advice. Many thanks. Regards Arvind Vaidya.
Dt. Tamanna Narang provides answers that are knowledgeable. Because take little quantity of food
Dt. Tamanna Narang provides answers that are helped me improve my health. Thanks
Dt. Tamanna Narang provides answers that are professional. THANKS.
Dt. Tamanna Narang provides answers that are very helpful. Good
Dt. Tamanna Narang provides answers that are practical. fine
Summer vacations can make you very lazy and it becomes difficult for you to indulge in physical activities because of the hot and sweaty weather. However, here are a few ways in which, you can avoid weight gain during the season:
- Never Arrive Hungry: Eating before hand can help you stay away from different kinds of temptations as you go to a celebratory event or a gathering. This way you do not end up eating a lot of junk food.
- Redirect Your Attention: Many people overlook that there is a whole other world to an event or a party than the food. Try not to look at the gathering as only a feast occasion.
- Pace Yourself: In case that you pack in as much as you can in thirty minutes, you bite faster. Biting slowly will fill you up easily and this way you do not consume too much.
- Number Your food items: At the point when there are food items that you can count as you eat them, put a toothpick in your pocket for every bite you take. Set the farthest point for a number of toothpicks you can collect.
- Outmanoeuvre the buffet: At the point when food is served in buffet style, use a small plate and do not stack your food. Restrict your servings to a small amount.
- Restrain alcohol: Abstain from drinking an excessive amount of liquor at parties. It is not just about calories but rather about control. In case that alcohol does tempt you, try to drink some water and then ask yourself if you still need that drink. Most of the times, it is because of lack of water that you feel the urge to drink other beverages.
- Be choosy about sweets: With regards to sweet, be extremely particular. Confine your desires to little servings and only to what is exceptionally tempting to you. In case that you know you are the type who cannot stop at one chomp, it could be very unhealthy for you. Try to tell someone else about it and let them help you.
- Present to your own treats: Whether you are heading off to a gathering or an office potluck, think about bringing as a low-calorie treat that you know you will appreciate. Bringing your own pastry will make other options less enticing.
- Confine "tastes" while cooking: In case that you do a great deal of cooking during the occasions, get serious about every one of those "tastes." People lose their cravings when they have been cooking than they have been eating the entire time.
- Walk it off: Other than consuming some additional calories, this will make tracks in an opposite direction from the food for a while. Get people off the chair and move. Go out for a stroll as a family before or after the dinner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Rice though used as a staple in many parts of the world, is still one of the most controversial and misunderstood foods. There are a number of myths associated with this food and now’s time to debunk them. But let’s look at a few facts about rice first.
- Rice contains high carbohydrate content. A cup of white rice contains 35gms of carbohydrates
- A cup of white rice contains 165 calories
- A cup of white rice contains 3-4 gms of proteins
Rice, like all other carbohydrates, ultimately gets broken down into glucose inside the GI track. And glucose is the ultimate source of energy for the human body. There are also two different types of rice, white rice and brown rice. The difference between the two, especially for our health, is substantial.
White rice has very little fibre but brown rice has more fibre and also more vitamins and minerals. Whereas, brown rice has substantial amounts of minerals, which are not present in white rice, such as
Brown rice contains 3 gms of fibre while white rice has only 0.6 gm. This is a substantial difference too.
- Myth - Rice Contains Gluten: The fact is that rice is gluten-free and it does not cause allergies that are associated with other grains. Gluten high foods are bad for diabetics and those trying to lose weight.
- Myth - Rice is fattening: Rice is, in fact, low in fats and is also cholesterol free. Because it contains carbohydrates, rice is a good source of energy.
- Myth - Rice has no protein: Protein is the second-most abundant nutrient found in rice. A cup of white rice contains 3-4 gm. of proteins, as a matter of fact. The quality of the rice protein is also very high compared to other grains.
- Myth - Rice has high amounts of salt: Rice contains low amounts of sodium.
- Myth - Eating rice for dinner makes one fat: High carb foods like rice should be eaten at night as they are metabolised into glucose, our energy stocks. The glucose in the blood is more readily converted into energy at night. Rice and other grains should be avoided during the day as the glucose more readily converts into fat.
- Myth - Rice is difficult to digest: Actually, the reverse is true. Enzymes secreted in the human digestive tract are especially good at digesting rice. White rice undergoes a processing system where the germ layers, bran and husk are all stripped off. By doing this, white rice loses much of the nutrition too.
The rice of choice for all of us, therefore, should be brown rice, compared to white rice. This way we shall be getting the carbs for energy and proteins, fibre, vitamins and minerals to stay healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor.
It is important for you to have a healthy and balanced body in order to perform your daily activities well. People often think health supplements are efficient alternatives to a healthy diet and regular physical exercise while most of the doctors and nutritionists believe that there is no need for any health supplement if you take in right quantity and quality of food and engage in regular exercise. While health supplements are not alternatives to a healthy lifestyle, they are somewhat necessary for everyday health in the hectic lifestyles of today.
Nowadays, stress (learn more about for Controlling Everyday STRESS) is a constant companion and the foods that we consume are often not of proper quality. You may think that you are taking foods full of nutrients but pesticides and chemicals used farming diminish the nutrient content from the crops. This creates a necessity for taking health supplements for the proper nourishment of body.People with certain medical conditions also need supplements. Supplements fill the gap in your diet.
Beneficial health supplements:
- Pregnant women and breastfeeding (leanr more about the Benefits of Breastfeeding) women need iron supplements. Folic acid can be supplemented in your diet in order to reduce the chances of birth defects.
- You can take in vitamin D supplements if they don't get enough sunlight every day. Adults, especially after the age of 40 need vitamin D and calcium supplements to maintain bone health.
- Adults above the age of 40 are also advised to take vitamin B-12 supplements.
Supplements have some side effects depending upon your health condition. If you take some supplements along with some other medicines or before surgeries, they can lead to serious complications. Research has concluded that some vitamin and minerals supplements particularly iron supplements, increase the risk of death. So it is necessary to have a proper examination of the body before you take health supplements. The risk factors include:
- Taking vitamin B6 regularly in excess of 100 mg may lead to damage of your nerves
- Taking 400 international units of vitamin E on a regular basis increases the health risk and may even lead to premature death
- Taking multivitamins does not supplement poor eating habits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor.
I have been vegan for 13 months. What do you suggest I do to make sure I get enough to calcium? My calcium level is low and also low in vitamin D. I have started taking vitamin D. I have been living in UK since 1971.
Iodine deficiency is a very common problem worldwide and is a major cause of thyroid disorders. The entire mechanism of how deficiency of iodine causes hypothyroidism is a complex explanation. So we will stick to layman terms and keep it simple. Deficiency of iodine causes a range of diseases which, altogether are termed as iodine deficiency diseases. When an individual does not receive enough iodine, the thyroid gland increases in size because the thyroid is unable to make enough hormones that are necessary for the body. This causes the development of a condition called goitre. Iodine deficiency in pregnant and lactating women is a serious concern because it is the most popular cause of preventable mental retardation.
There can be situations where a person might not be getting adequate iodine, but may not show any symptoms of iodine deficiency. The easiest way to know if a person has iodine deficiency is to get a urine test done or a blood test done to check the level of iodine in the body. Thyroid is a very important gland and is responsible for the following:
- Controlling the metabolic rate
- Boosting synthesis of proteins
- Regulating blood flow and heart rate
- Promoting brain development and linear growth in children
- Helping in normal reproductive functioning in adults
Here are the most common signs that can tell you that your thyroid is not functioning properly due to deficiency of iodine.
- You feel lethargic and tired most of the times and suffer from weakness constantly (due to reduced metabolic rates).
- You may start feeling cold, even when it is visibly warm for the others around you.
- You may have difficulty in concentrating and might have a poor memory (due to slowed down mental processes)
- You may experience unusual weight gain.
- You may become more prone to depressive periods.
- You may notice your skin becoming thick and puffy or your face becoming puffier than usual.
- You may suffer from hair loss.
- You may start having frequent problems of constipation.
- Your skin might feel really dry.
- You might feel your heart beating slower.
- Visible signs would include enlargement of the chin and neck area (caused due to enlargement of your thyroid gland).
With proper treatment and change in diet, iodine deficiency disorders can be prevented with ease. For a better diagnosis, you must consult an experienced medical practitioner and follow his suggestions for improving the iodine levels in your body.