Doctors in Alchemist Hospital
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Alchemist HospitalYour feedback matters!
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian field of medicine that has been in existence since time immemorial. Many people swear by its efficacy and it is also a proper field of study for people who want to practice this form of medicine as doctors. Ayurveda makes use of a variety of herbs and lifestyle changes including diet, rest and massages in order to create a healthier body. Ayurveda combines Yogic postures with these herbs to create various kinds of treatment for varied conditions.
Panchakarma therapy is one of the kinds of Ayurvedic treatments that can greatly benefit the human body in many ways. This is basically made up of five therapies, which aim at removing the toxins from the body of the patient. One must take a proper consultation with a doctor in order to practice this therapy. Read on to know more about this form of treatment and its various benefits.
Five therapies: As mentioned above, this therapy is made up of five therapies including Vamana, Raktamokshana, Nasya, Basti and Virechana. These therapies aim at freeing the body of the toxins that may accumulate and give rise to a variety of conditions and diseases in various organs of the body.
Oils and diet: This therapy is carried out with the help of various medicated oils that help in eliminating the different toxins in one's body. As per the tenets of Ayurveda, one also has to follow a specific diet and a systematic routine along with this therapy so that the Kapha toxins are removed from the body.
Ailments and conditions: There are many kinds of conditions and ailments that can be cured and managed with the help of this therapy. Asthma and cervical spondylitis are some of the conditions. Here, the painful symptoms and attacks can be kept at a minimum because these have to do with the Kapha dosha, which is effectively treated when the Kapha toxins are flushed out of the body following this therapy. This treatment helps in cleansing the body with the help of the various oils and the five therapies that are used here.
Aging process: The Panchakarma therapy helps in preventing the aging process and the signs of aging by replenishing the cells and the energy in the body. This helps in keeping the bones, skin and hair healthy as well since the patient goes through regular bouts of massage in order to get the treatment.
Stress: This treatment eliminates stress as it brings about a more calm state of mind. It does so by strengthening the body through the removal of immunity breaking toxins, which puts the hormones back in balance.
Benefits of Panchakarma Treatment:
- The results of Panchakarma are very powerful and effective. Some of the benefits include:
- The doshas Vata, Pitta and Kapha, will return to their original places and function normally. Mind calms down, and intellect and concentration become sharp.
- It helps to attain a clear and glowing complexion.
- It helps to reverse the negative effects of daily living.
- It restores the natural state of health and wellness by bringing balance in the system and improving bodily function.
- A person undergoing Panchakarma attains longevity, intellect and freedom from diseases.
Pili Annulati is a hair disorder, in which the affected hair has a typical pattern of dark and light banding. People who have pili annulati might well go on to describe their hair as striped or as having silver kinds of beads. This particular condition mainly involves around 20 to 80% of the hair that are present on the scalp, though it can also involve hair present on the face and the whole body. Hair, which gets affected might be prone towards getting broken.
Pili Annulati can crop up during infancy or in childhood or it might also affect people in their later lives. This can be visible with naked eye, though it would be difficult to get noticed on all those people who have dark hair.
There are various kinds of symptoms, which tend to come across when they are faced with this condition. Some of them include:
- Different kinds of colored bands on each strand of hair
- Hair is brittle and so they tend to fall off
- The irregularity of hair could be noticed amongst the normal growth of hair
Causes of Pili Annulati-
- The exact behind the occurrence of Pili Annulati is not known. It usually gets through a gene that is autosomal dominant. Hair getting ringed, which happens during this condition, might well get caused as a result of deficiency in metabolic protein, which leads to the formation of cytoplasmic ribosomes with the hair cells in an abnormal manner, hence, resulting in the unusual formation of keratin which develops in the cortex of one’s hair.
- Most of the cases are thought to be caused due to a mutation in the cells of the hair follicle, which forms the keratin.
Ayurvedic Treatment for Pili Annulati-
Ayurveda looks to treat any problem by implementing natural means, through herbs, powders, pastes, which gets to the root of the problem and that’s where the healing takes place. As Ayurveda is involved in natural treatment methods, hence, people like to prefer undergoing the procedures for solving their health-related problems as there are no side-effects in them.
Some of the methods of Ayurvedic treatment include:
- Herbal hair care shampoos can come to great use and be very effective in treating this problem of ringed hair or Pili Annulati.
- Medicated shampoos can lead to re-growth of hair and hence prevent hair loss.
- Other than this, massaging the hair with olive oil can also be an ideal option for getting this condition healed
- People can also look to have a protein-rich diet, as lack of essential nutrients and protein can lead to this problem.
- So lentils, seeds, fruits, vegetables, meat can be included in one’s diet to heal this problem.
Menstrual disorders are caused by a variety of factors and affect every woman in a different manner. In most cases, it manifests itself in the form of fluctuations in menstrual flow and irregularity in the monthly cycle. Certain disorders are not too severe and can be easily alleviated. Others are more complicated and require the immediate attention of a gynecologist.
As mentioned, there are different specific causes of different kinds of disorders resulting from a range of factors such as hormone levels, functioning of the central nervous system, health of the uterus, etc.
Some of the most common causes of menstrual disorders are as follows:
- Hormonal imbalance: Fluctuating hormone levels in the body have a direct impact on the menstrual cycle. These fluctuations can be caused by dysfunction in the pituitary gland, thyroid gland or adrenal gland. It can also be a result of malfunction in either or both ovaries and the secretion of hormones originating there.
- Anatomic problems: One fourth menstrual disorders are caused by problems of the anatomy. These include various gynecological issues like the presence of uterine fibroids and polyps, reduced uterine contractile strength, adenomyosis (intrusion of uterine tissue into the muscular wall of the uterus), a uterus with an excessively large surface area, and endometrial cancer.
- Clotting irregularities: Abnormality in clotting is a cause of heavy menstrual bleeding in women. It leads to exceeding blood loss from minor cuts and gashes and makes one easily prone to bruising. This may also include medical conditions such as thrombocytopenia (platelet dysfunction) and Von Willebrand disease.
- Medications and supplements: There is a wide range of medications and nutritional or hormonal supplements which often cause menstrual disorders in women and lead to fluctuations in the menstrual cycle. These include medicines such as aspirin, ibuprofen, estrogen pills, Vitamin E supplements etc.
- Miscellaneous factors: These are comparatively rare and require a greater degree of medical attention. It includes conditions such as cervical cancer, ovarian tumors, liver and kidney diseases, uterine infections, extreme psychological stress, obesity, etc. Incidents such as miscarriages and unsuspected pregnancies are also known to cause abnormal menstrual bleeding.
If you suffer from sleeplessness or disrupted sleep at night, you should consider undertaking Ayurvedic measures to deal with the problem. The principle of Ayurveda states that proper sleep is a very important part of maintaining a good health, and any compromise with it could lead to complications.
There are several Ayurvedic principles that you can adopt in order to improve your sleep. They are as follows:
Maintain a disciplined sleep schedule
- It is important for you to be disciplined regarding your sleep.
- Your mind remains dull and slow from 6 pm to 10pm. This is an ideal time for sleeping.
- You should sleep early, which will enable you to sleep well throughout the night, and wake up early the next morning.
- Try having dinner by 7 pm. Your digestive system cools down as the sun begins to set.
- Having an early meal allows proper digestion, which is important for positive sleep.
- While eating any meal, you should not concentrate on any other thing except for food.
- Oil massage therapy, especially a massage on your feet with herbal oils, is an effective Ayurvedic remedy to improve sleep.
- There are several nerve endings in your feet, which are nourished during such an oil massage.
- Massaging relieves stress, improves your blood circulation, makes you calm and relaxed, and lets you sleep at length.
- This is another important Ayurvedic way of improving your sleep.
- You need to practice several rounds of Nadi Shodhana Pranayama on a regular basis, which involves alternate nostril breathing.
- This method helps in calming down your nervous system, soothes your mind, and thus results in a deeper and better sleep.
- Ayurvedic principles state that your wellness and health depend on a proper balance between your mind, body, and soul.
- While some people make us feel positive, other people drain us emotionally, leaving us cranky and annoyed.
- You should be mindful over whom and about what you interact with before going to sleep. Always try to stay in a positive environment away from any negative factors.
- Abstain from engrossing on social media activity, watching television, or browsing on your cell phone two hours before going to bed.
It is also necessary for you to work out on a regular basis and keep physically fit and healthy. A healthy body ensures a healthy mind, which in turn, is important for improved sleep. Avoid having coffee or any form of stimulant after 3 pm in the afternoon.
Asthmatic patients often find that the frequency and intensity of asthma attacks increase with a change in weather, as the challenges two-fold for asthmatic patients. If they are indoors, they inhale triggers such as dust mites, mould etc. and if they step outdoors, the outside air acts as a trigger for an asthmatic attack. However, there are ways to make your life easier.
- Curb allergy triggers inside your house: While you can’t do much about the weather, you can control the environment inside your house. Limit your time around pets that could trigger an attack and try keeping them outside the bedroom. Use dust proof covers on mattresses and pillows and changes your bedding regularly. Though it may look cosier, avoid using a lot of pillows and throw cushions on your bed. Clean and replace the filters of your home’s heating or cooling system before you start it up for the first time. The filters should also be regularly checked and cleaned throughout the winter.
- Ventilate the house: Keep your house dry and cool at all times to prevent the growth of mould and dust mites. To do this, run an exhaust fan in the bathroom while having a shower and in the kitchen while cooking. As far as possible, do not dry clothes indoors.
- Avoid too cold or too hot air: As far as possible avoid going outdoors especially on windy days. Instead of going for a walk outdoors, exercise at home or in a gym. When you go outdoors, drape a scarf over the lower half of your face to cover your nose and mouth. This will ensure that you do not breathe in too cold air or too hot air.
- Breathe correctly: As children, we’re told to keep our mouths closed. Not only is this good social etiquette, but it also prevents you from breathing through your mouth. The nostrils have tiny hair inside them that act as filters and keep dust particles and pollen from being inhaled. This also warms up the air while being inhaled. Thus avoid breathing through your mouth and instead only breathe through your nose.
- Take your medications: Create an effective plan of action to be followed in case of an asthmatic attack and get regular check-ups throughout the season. If you notice your symptoms worsening as the weather gets colder, talk to your doctor about changing your medication and its dosage. Do not skip your medication or stop it unless your doctor tells you to.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
- Lifestyle habits: Certain lifestyle factors can significantly affect your prospects of getting pregnant through this route. Smoking can reduce your prospect of success using this procedure by about 50%. It can cause you to have lesser number of eggs retrieved during the procedure while increasing instances of miscarriages. Likewise, obesity, alcohol use, consumption of excessive caffeine and drugs can adversely affect your chances of getting pregnant using IVF.
- Embryo status: Embryos that are better developed with good grade stand a higher chance of experiencing success than less developed embryos. More importantly, not every embryo is able to survive the development process.
- The age at which you get pregnant: A factor that plays a role in influencing your chances of experiencing success in your IVF procedure is the age at which you opt for this procedure. The lower your age, the chances that you may get pregnant and deliver a healthy child using your own eggs witness an increase. On the other hand, if you're aged 41 and above, or your egg reserve is very low donor eggs are the most preferred option as they help to increase your prospects of meeting a success.
- Cause of Infertility: If your supply of eggs is normal, success rate using IVF is high. Women who suffer from the problem of endometriosis experience lesser chances of getting pregnant than women who have unexplained fertility.
- Reproductive history: IVF success rate chances are higher if you've delivered a baby previously using IVF.
The anterior cruciate ligament is one of the most delicate yet vital ligaments that holds the knee bones in place and stabilizes the movement. Injury to the ligament, on account of a sprain, can prove to be a cause of severe distress. This may lead to a partial or a complete destabilization of the knee joints and impair the normal movements to a great extent.
Some of the most common causes of this sort of a ligament tear are accidental injuries during a sporting activity, unexpected collision or incorrect body postures. This is a fairly common occurrence among the athletes. However, the physiological and neuromuscular controls make women more susceptible to damage to the Anterior Cruciate Ligament than men.
There are two cruciate ligaments in our body, i.e. the anterior and the posterior cruciate ligaments. They run in crosses to connect the insides of the knee joints. They regulate the back and forth movement of your knees. They therefore, may incur substantial damage through sudden movements like jerks or an abrupt change of direction; the degree of tear may vary from minor strains to complete detachment. Accordingly, treatments are available to cure the distress. The treatments may either be surgical or nonsurgical, depending about the extent of the injury as well as the age of the patient. A complete tear in the ligament necessitates surgery for recovery. However, one may choose to opt for other non - surgical methods to minimize the damage.
Some of the most effective treatments for a tear in the anterior cruciate ligament have been enlisted below:
1. Bracing: Wearing a brace or using a crutch for the purpose of movement can accord the knees with some stability. It also keeps the joints intact and alleviates pain.
2. Physiotherapy: Once the inflammation reduces, you may opt for physiotherapy to restore movement and reduce the pain. Heat and Ice therapies work as ideal adjuvants to physiotherapy in such cases.
3. Surgery: Regrowth of the anterior cruciate ligament may be possible through a surgical process of grafting. This enables the tissues to repair themselves. Knee caps and adequate rest accord better rehabilitation. The recovery is faster and steadier in this process.
Diabetes is something which has become so common over the past few decades and this is said to be a cause of worry as most people don't understand how to prevent and manage it. This has led to some myths, gaining more than their fair share of popularity. So, wouldn’t it be a good idea to get to know a little more so as to separate the myths from the facts?
- Weight & watch: One of the most common myths when it comes to diabetes is the belief that a person is going to have his or her life adversely affected if he or she is overweight. While it is true that being overweight happens to be one of the risk factors related to diabetes, it is important to keep in mind the fact that there are other risk factors which are responsible, as well. Some of these factors are age and family history, as well as the ethnicity of the person. Taking this into account, it should not come as too much of a surprise to know that there are quite a few people who are not overweight, but are still fighting diabetes.
- Packaged tricks: Considering the rise in the number of people who are suffering from diabetes, this has led to food being marketed specifically for their consumption. However, in reality, whatever represents a healthy diet is sufficient for a person who is diabetic. So a diet which does not have a high amount of saturated fats and trans fats and does not go overboard with starch and sugar, but features a fair amount of lean protein works well too. All the fancy diabetic food, which a person buys, is only likely to drive a great hole in the wallet and not have any additional health benefits. Therefore, the extra spending is nowhere close to being worthwhile and should be avoided.
- Fruits punch: Many people are of the opinion that it is the processed and sugary food items, which cause diabetes and this is true to a significant extent. However, some people are of the view that since fruit is natural, diabetics can eat as much of it as they like. This is where the thinking gets dangerous. Some fruits are rich in carbohydrates and so it should be consumed in a reasonable quantity, as part of the daily meal plan. After all, too much of any good thing is bad!