Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Panchkula and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas SharmaYour feedback matters!
I have teeth problem. When I brushed blood comes. This is very old problem. My gums now leaving the teeth.
She is suffering from extreme pain in her teeth. Specially during night times unable to sleep. Please help me with best medicine to give her. She had a tooth picked up last October.
I am 22 year old male. I have pain in my mouth, last side of teeth from last six months. I tried many types toothpaste but not found any relief. What should I do? please help me.
Hii .i m 28 years old man .i m on injection of steroid injection for sub mucus fibrosis. I have quit tobacco and currently having nicotex gum. My problem is from 2 days I am nt getting proper sleep and from today morning my heart beat very fast for few second and stop .and after 1-2 hour it again happen .what is this please help me.
I used to mouth ulcer frequently. This started from my birth onwards. The ulcer will last for at least 10 days & it is very painful. I tried a variety of ointments (dologel-ct) tablets. But there is no permanent stop for this.?
I'm 67 yrs old suffering from mild fever from evening to morning feeling weak,my diastolic pressure remains 90.Teeth of my right upper jaw are quite painful often blood comes out while I brush my teeth
I have dental problem, I had filed my teeth but its temporary filling. What can I do for healthy tooth.
Hi doctors I had a tooth problem my last two teeth has a black patch and it's paining continues what to do?
I want to whiten my teeth. I used baking soda once or twice after brushing but I read somewhere that it can adversely affect in long run. What is the right treatment for whitening?
From my childhood everyday i brush my teeth but still layers are present over it, somtimes bleeding occurs.
I have done smile laser before 15 days. Everything is fine. Can I play badminton. And can I swim. Or for how many days precaution to be taken.
Little bit of blood is coming after every eating through my mouth. What should I do? Please help me.
The primary or milk teeth begins to erupt at about 6 months of life with the complete set in place by 2.5 years of age, and the entire set is replaced by the age of 14. The benefits of some of the preventive dental measures are outlined below.
- Maternal care during pregnancy: The teeth begin to form during the second trimester of pregnancy. It is very important that the maternal diet includes sufficient amounts of calcium, potassium, and fluoride for optimal tooth mineralization. Good tooth structure has greater resistance to decay than hypomineralized teeth.
- Routine oral hygiene: For the first 6 months, though there are no teeth, after each nursing, end it with a spoonful or two of water to wash down the milk. Gradually, the gums can be just wiped with a gauze pad or soft cotton to remove any residual bacteria. The baby also gets used to this habit, and once the teeth are in, there are lesser bacteria for the decay process to begin. Once the teeth begin to erupt, the nursing habits also need to be modified to ensure the baby is not allowed to go to sleep with a bottle. This is a common practice to put the baby to sleep and should be avoided to reduce the occurrence of nursing bottle caries.
- Fluoride application: Fluoride has been shown to have significant benefits in preventing caries. Once routine dental visits begin, then the dentist will be able to tell if fluoride needs to be applied. This can happen either in the form of a gel or varnish that is applied in the dental office or as a paste that is used at home. This helps in building resistance to decay.
- Pit and fissure sealants: The tooth has a number of pits and fissures which are 8 times more vulnerable to decay than other surfaces. Deep pits are shown to harbor more bacteria and thereby greater incidence of caries. There are sealants which are thin resins that can be applied on the tooth, which can reduce bacteria accumulation and further decay.
- Space maintainers: In the event that a child has lost a tooth, either due to trauma or decay and subsequent infection, then a space maintainer should be placed within the next 3 months. This helps in maintaining the space and establishing a good bite during the transition phase and later, once the permanent teeth are in place.
- Orthodontic treatment: If there is malocclusion, then early intervention helps by reducing treatment time and getting better results as the teeth and periodontium are still very elastic and are more malleable to movement.
By doing these preventive measures early in life, the result is a child who has healthier teeth, less decay, less pain, and a happy smile all the time! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist and ask a free question.