Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Panchkula and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. RamanjitYour feedback matters!
How to clean My Yellowish Teeth By Myself Or By Dental TreatMent. Please Explain What is Cost And How Much Time It Takes.
Hello Doctor, My middle upper two teeth are so yellow like two brown/yellow dots on them how I remove it & white my teeth this problem I am facing 3-4 years before. Pls recommend me any medicine name who remove these as fast as possible Thank You And sorry for my bad english.
Hello sir I have some problem in my teeth in front of my teeth I have broken the teeth on my childhood so I want to keep an artificial teel? Is it possible.
I have tremendous cavities over both upper and lower molar region! What procedures may help me the most! I want to re implant my teeth as my age is 29 currently.
I got an unusual tooth decays from last 2 years I tried all type of toothpaste and gargle but nothing worked. I request yourself to suggest cause and remedy.
How can I keep my teeth whiten? And in the back side of my front teeth I have some little yellow area, how can I solve it?
I have white spots on my teeth. I don't have any pain but I don't like the way it makes my teeth look. What are these white spots and is there a cure for this? Please help thank you!
I have a teeth sensitivity I can't drink hot and cold liquids and can't eat hot and sweet items please give suggestions to reduce my teeth sensitivity.
My teeth are yellow in colour and I want to get white teeth. Please give any suggestions to my problem.
I am getting mouth ulcers very often can you please suggest me any medicines to avoid mouth ulcers often?
I have a bad breath. I smoke too. If i stop smoking for a week, still i have bad breath. So please give me reasons and solution to stop the bad breath ?
My left front tooth broken at age 12 now I'm 20 .I want to repair my tooth permanently .how much it cost for the treatment.
I had caps for two teeth in my upper jaw after RCT last May. Unlike the other RCTs and capping done for other teeth earlier, I am feeling some kind of discomfort and mild pain since then. I feel a kind of heaviness in my teeth. Pls advise what I should do?
Sir I have a teeth problem. When I eat some fruit like apple. There is blood came. And I feel much pain. What can I do?
Mouth breathing in children is very common and while a kid with open mouth might seem cute, it is not always the case. The parents need to be made aware that a child breathing through the mouth all the time is not normal and it is high time they find a way to manage it.
A little understanding of the effects of the mouth breathing habit on the child's health in general and oral health in particular can be an eye-opener for the parent. For an educated person, there are obvious symptoms, which indicate that the child is a mouth-breather.
These symptoms include:
- Dryness of the lips
- Crowding of the front teeth
- Sleeping with the mouth open
- Recurrent infections of the airways including sinusitis and middle ear infections
- Bad breath
Common causes include:
- Chronic nasal obstruction/congestion because of which the child is not able to get enough oxygen through the nose.
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Thumb or finger-sucking habit
- Recurrent respiratory infections
Effects of mouth breathing on oral health:
Mouth breathing may seem like a harmless habit, but has serious effects on the oral and dental health of the child. Some of them are discussed below.
- Dry mouth: A constantly open mouth can lead to drying up of the saliva. This in turn leads to reduced effects of saliva including the flushing effect on the bacteria and the food deposits. This leads to increased chances of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- Tooth decay: With reduced saliva, the pH remains acidic for a longer period of time, leading to increased chances of tooth decay.
- Gum diseases: Reduced amounts of saliva also leads to increased gum disease and periodontal disease as the bacteria are not removed and have a conducive environment to act upon.
- Facial development: A mouth breathing child maintains a different posture than a nose breather. This leads to a narrow and long face, flattened nose, smaller nostrils, reduced facial tone, thin upper lip, pouty upper lip, and a small lower jaw.
- Speech: An open mouth causes the tongue to thrust into the palate when talking. This leads to altered pronunciation of some sounds; especially and can cause lisping.
- Braces: Mouth breathing causes multiple challenges including prolonged treatment period, inability to close the gaps, reduced stability of the realigned teeth, and increased chances of relapse. The added complication of increased gum disease and tooth decay makes it worse. The habit needs to be corrected first before going in for braces.
If that sounds like a long list, they are not all inclusive. Early intervention in the habit can correct and negate all these effects. Talk to your dentist to know how to help your mouth breathing child.