Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Dermatologists online in Panchkula. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nitika Arya
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Hair Growth
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Acne Scars Treatment
Hair Weaving Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Nitika AryaYour feedback matters!
It was nice. She really handled me well and explained the root cause of the issues.
nice tretment very knoledge ble doccter
Hair is technically dead tissue and considering that, we spend a whole of a lot of time and currency on our hair. That is probably because hair plays a big part in our appearance. Changing your hair color or merely getting a different hairstyle can change your appearance to an extent that some might find you unrecognizable. On the contrary, you can go into a week-long depression, if your hair stylist has let you down with the bob-cut your favourite celebrity has sported so beautifully. Like nails, hair is an extension of the epidermal layer of the skin and is mainly composed of proteins. Apart from adding to your appearance, it also provides warmth and protection to your head.
So it is obvious that maintaining healthy hair is something we all want and would like. Here are a few tips that will help that mane flow beautifully-
- Ripe avocado: Mash some ripe avocado without the pit, mix it with an egg and apply it to your hair. Wash it off after 20 minutes. Avocados are rich in essential fatty acids, minerals and vitamins that help add lustre to your hair. This is advised to be done once a week if you have damaged hair or once a month for healthy hair.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Adding one part apple cider vinegar to two parts of lukewarm water and applying it to your hair can help balance the pH of your scalp. It may not make your hair smell like a dream, but it will help bring out the natural red highlights in your hair.
- Lemon Juice: Apply lemon juice to your scalp to get rid of dandruff and get clean scalp.
- Egg and shampoo: This combination can help strengthen your hair. This mixture adds protein to your hair. Take an egg and mix it with a small amount of shampoo and lather it up for 5 minutes and rinse well.
- Essential oils: Add some essential oil to your shampoo to get a beautiful lustre to your hair.
When you run your hands over the soles of your feet, the surface should be smooth to touch. However, sometimes, the surface may not be so smooth. Piezogenic pedal papules are papules on the medial, posterior or lateral aspects of both heels and result from herniation of fat. These papules are usually asymptomatic and can range from a size of 2mm to 10mm. In some cases, they can be a little painful. This is seen commonly in large lesions. They become apparent when the patient stands with his full weight on his feet and disappear or shrink when the weight is removed. Piezogenic papules can also occur on the wrists. This is a fairly common condition that affects women more than men. Piezogenic pedal papules can occur at any age including infancy.
There is no known cause for the herniation of fat that causes this condition. However, there are a few factors that could increase your risk of suffering from this condition. These factors are:
- Orthopedic problems
- Flat feet
- Collagen disorders such as EDS
- Jobs which entail standing for long hours
- Excessive weight bearing
This condition can also affect newborn babies with no predisposition. The diagnosis of this condition is often confused with infantile pedal papules, xanthoma and tophi. Since they are prominently visible only when pressure is applied, it is essential for a doctor to physically examine the patient while he or she is standing. This condition does not affect the health of a person and is largely only a cosmetic issue. Thus treatment is not usually necessary but some of the things you could do to relieve the discomfort are:
- In cases where Ehlers-Danlos syndrome triggers the condition, patients may be recommended betamethasone and bupivacaine injections. These injections need to be administered repeatedly for complete pain relief.
- Orthotic soles or custom made inserts for shoes can help relieve the pain and distribute pressure equally.
- Heel taping
- Compression stockings
- Avoid excessive or prolonged weight bearing
- Avoid standing for extended periods and try not to run too much
- Rest the feet and keep them elevated to help alleviate the symptoms
- Lose weight if you are on the heavier side
- Electro acupuncture
Piezogenic pedal papules are benign and are no reason to worry. If they begin to affect the quality of your life, you could consult a podiatrist.
There is nothing more exciting than getting inked. It is also one of the most dangerous things you can do to yourself. Not many people know that there is a real risk involved with tattoos – getting them as well as getting them removed.
We all know a tattoo can come with a real risk of blood-borne diseases and allergies, and a bad job by the tattoo artist. If the tattoo needle is not new and has been used on an infected person, you run a real risk of getting infected with herpes, tetanus, fungal infections, hepatitis and even HIV. The health risks of tattooing are not so well known in India but they are real.
But tattoo removal can be even more dangerous, time consuming and expensive than getting a tattoo. If you have outgrown your tattoo and want it removed, read this carefully to understand the process while keeping yourself safe.
Tattoo removal involves a process opposite to inking. It’s done using lasers. Pulses of light from the laser are directed onto the tattoo to break up the pigment which has been deposited in the dermis or deep layer of the skin during tattooing. This process breaks down the tattoo ink. Over weeks, the broken down ink gets absorbed by the body.
Different lasers are used to remove different types of tattoo ink and it’s usually the doctor doing the procedure who decides which laser to use.
Laser treatment differs from patient to patient based on the age, size, and type of tattoo. The colour of the patient's skin, as well as the depth of the tattoo pigment also influences the technique used for removal.
Lasers are not benign so your doctor must test the laser to check out the most effective energy for tattoo removal.
Laser consists of pulses of light. Smaller tattoo removal requires less pulses of light and bigger ones more pulses.
Sounds easy and painless. But it is not. The breaking down of the tattoo pigments takes weeks and repeated visits to the clinic. If the doctor removing your tattoo is not good, even the removal of a small tattoo can cause permanent scarring or discoloration of your skin. Parts of the body with thin skin (ankles, wrists, and spine) are more likely to scar than thicker- skinned areas. Other side effects are infections and hypo-pigmentation.
Even though doctors and laser practitioners claim more than 95 % removal of tattoos is possible, the reality is that complete removal may never be possible.
So, if you find it impossible to live with your tattoo and a divorce is imminent, you should look for a real good dermatologist for laser removal of tattoos and not submit yourself to quacks.