Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harsh Garg
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Hernia
Treatment of Breast Cancer
Treatment of Gallstones
Treatment of Appendicitis
Treatment of Gall Bladder Issues
Submit a review for Dr. Harsh GargYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
With the recent number of breast cancer cases on the rise, it is important that we should get the examination done on a regular basis as a preventive measure. Even if someone is suffering from it, it is important that we should make an effort and learn about.
If you have breast cancer then a surgery will be part of your treatment. Based on the condition, surgery will be carried out due to any of the following reasons:
1. To remove the cancerous tissues from the breast
2. To reconstruct the breast once the cancer is removed
3. To check whether the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm
4. To treat symptoms of cancer that has progressed to an advanced stage
Breast cancer surgery may be classified into two types-
1. Mastectomy: Mastectomy involves removing the entire breast; tissues in the adjoining region may also be removed. A double mastectomy is a procedure where both the breasts are removed.
2. Breast-conserving surgery: In this surgery, only parts of the breast affected by cancer are removed. The area of the breast that is to be removed will depend on the severity of the cancer. Some healthy tissues may also be removed in this surgery.
Usually, if a woman is in the initial stages of cancer then she may opt for the latter as it entails removing parts of the breast. They may also undergo radiation therapy along with these surgeries.
For checking if the cancer has spread to the lymph nodes below the arm, the lymph nodes are removed from the body. Once they are removed, they are studied under a microscope to check if it has spread, if yes then the extent of their damage. This procedure is carried out along with the surgery to remove the cancer.
Once the mastectomy procedure is completed, you can opt for a breast reconstruction surgery to rebuild the area. You may opt for this procedure at the time of breast cancer removal or at a later stage. If you are considering breast reconstruction surgery then you should discuss it with your surgeon.
Surgery is sometimes not used to treat cancer, but in slowing the progression of cancer or even reducing its symptoms.It is important you talk to your surgeon before the procedure to understand the goal of the surgery.
Top Myths About Gallstone Disease -
1. Excess fat in diet is a cause of gallstone.
2. Gallstones are mostly a hereditary problem.
It is generally a lifestyle disease and generally not a hereditary disease though occasionally seen in families but no hereditary linkage has been established.
3. After your gallbladder is removed, you need to avoid fatty food.
Patients don't become fat intolerant after gallbladder removal. There is no medical literature to suggest that post cholecystectomy patients become fat intolerant as the gallbladder only stores bile.
4. Gallbladder removal removes only stones.
Stones reflect malfunctioning of gallbladder, so removing only stones will result in recurrence of symptoms.
5. Gallstones can be treated by using waves.
ESWL has been used for treating kidney stones. However, usage of this method can result in recurrence of gallstones and had many complications so it was abandoned.