Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Panaji and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. SM Palkar
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. SM PalkarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering through indigestion problem since last week. Continued indigestion is also causing bloating, gas, pimples too. Please suggest some medicine and diet to help me improve my digestive system. Home remedies will also come handy.
Hello Dr. I wanted some advice on a problem my friend is facing All the days are calculated from the starting day of her last periods She indulged in an act of mutual masturbation in an afternoon of the 12th day after her periods started and she was worried about getting pregnant as the guy masturbated himself too during the act (he fondled the vulva after self masturbation when there was precum in his hands which he wiped but not sure he did or not. So when I was told about this I went to a chemist and asked for a solution and he gave an I pill which she took in the morning of the 14th day. There were signs of nausea vomiting and moods swings after taking the ipill. She also engaged in overexertion by exercising and running as it could induce miscarriage through early periods if she was pregnant. She also had sesame seeds and pineapple juice due to the same concern. On the 29th day (expected day for the next mensuration cycle) she had severe Cramp's and she got her periods but it was not the same as the normal one (it had a clot's which was brownish in color and happened only on the 1st day) and on the next day she got dark red clots and the flow wasn't much and had a light bleeding than the normal periods. Today is the 31st day There were no symptoms till today after her periods started on the 29th day such as nausea or vomiting but she had Cramp's Today is also the 4th day of her periods but she haven't got any. Could she be pregnant Are the abnormal period because of the ipill.
I'm 26 olde male. Muje pimple ke baad ke khadde Jo hote he uske liye much sala cahiye I need your help I'm really tride.
Are there any oils which can increase melanin production and cause the skin to tan faster? Or all oils r fine?
Mam. My gf is suffering from asthma. She is 20 years old. Her problem is in normal level but she could not be fine. Sometimes, She face too much difficulty in breathing. Her parents try many doctor till date but. Still she faces a problem in breathing. I hope you suggest some better advice for her. So that she could be fine quickly.
I am 72 yrs old, suffering from diabetes fasting 120 pp 150, now days I am facing a problem that I could not control my urine while I feel I have to go toilet for urine. What should I do?
Cancer is an uncontrolled proliferation of transformed cells in any part of the body. Neoplasm or tumor are used variably to describe any swelling or new growth. Benign growths don't have the potential to spread to other organs or parts of the body while malignancy or malignant growths have uncontrolled proliferation and metastatic potential. Transformation is a multistep process with genetic alterations by which normal cells acquire malignant potential, uncontrolled proliferation capacity and capacity to spread to other parts of the body (metastasis) worldwide cancer is responsible for 1 in 8 deaths. Most common cancers are:
Men: oral cancer (in India), prostate, lung
Women: breast, cervix and endometrium, colorectal, lung
What causes cancer? cancer is usually multifactorial
1. Age- more in age group greater than 60 yrs compared to younger age group
2. Obesity- body mass index greater than 30
3. Tobacco - cigarette, cigar, bidi, hookah, smokeless tobacco like gutka, zarda etc. There is no safe form of tobacco.
4. Pan masala and supari
6. Ultraviolet rays exposure
7. Radiation exposure
8. Genetic factors
9. Others- pollution, certain chemicals, infections
Prevention of cancer:
1. Stay away from tobacco products
2. Eat healthy and daily physical activity- fresh fruits and vegetable are good, maintain optimal body weight
3. Be safe in sun
4. Cancer awareness and early detection: alarming signs are (caution)-
- Change in bowel or bladder habits
- A sore that will not heal
- Unusual discharge or bleeding
- Thickening or lump in the breast, testicles or elsewhere
- Indigestion or difficulty swallowing
- Obvious change in a wart or mole
- A nagging cough or hoarseness
5. Cancer screening: screening is for healthy individuals with education. Rather than going for unnecessary blind tests, a programme for screening should be planned in consultation with your oncologist as requirements are different for different cancers and differ as per age groups and gender. Also, screening is not effective in all cancers. Cancer education and awareness have due importance. Some cancers in which screening has been shown to be effective includes breast, colon, rectum, cervix, prostate, lung in high-risk groups but as mentioned earlier it is planned with participation of both individual and oncologist.
Types of cancer treatment:
Cancer treatment is now a multidisciplinary management in which different surgical, medical and radiation oncologist plan treatment protocol for best possible chances of cure. Advancement in all these fields and their contribution in comprehensive management results in 25-30% improvement in cure rate over previous decades.
- Surgery: involves surgical principles to remove the tumor with adequate margins and possible draining lymph nodes regions. Improvements and understanding of surgical principles even make resection of distant disease or cure of stage iv disease in some selected cases.
- Chemotherapy: cytotoxic drugs are given either in injectable or oral forms which acts on uncontrolled cancer cells. Advances in this fields result in drugs with better efficacy and less side effect profile and at the same time resulting in better cancer control. Targetted therapy acts on specific pathways of cancer growth. Hormone therapy targets specific hormone receptors for controlling cancer.
- Radiation therapy: is the delivery of radiation generated by radioactive source over the region of cancer. More and more advances in radiation technologists are emerging like imrt, sbrt to focus radiation over the specific location so as to avoid toxic effect over surrounding area.