Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Panaji and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahendra Kudchadkar
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Mahendra KudchadkarYour feedback matters!
After chicken gain my husband is suffering from joint pain since last month what to do or eat to get relived from severe joint pain.
I'm a 28 year male. I am suffering from persistent severe- mild headache from the past 1 week. Actually I was out on a holiday and had a lot of drinking for continuous 3-4 days. Also this is happening to me for the 3rd time this year, as earlier also when I was out for holidays, this happened for like 12-15 days and back then also no medicines helped. Is this some knid of alcohol withdrawal syndrome or something else. please advice. Urgently needed.
I am feeling a cyst in my throat on left side above on shoulder. Please tell me is it normal infection or a problem which is to be taken seriously.
Hi I am jagannath, 32 years old (male). I have backache problem if I am standing 20-30 minutes. Please tell me what should I do?
I just got matrix hair smoothening treatment done. I am not at all happy with the result. I want my wavy hair back. How can I get it back. Please help.
Hello sir this is varun from kakinada and im suffering from stomach pain since last one year and im trying to use ayurveda medicine but did not work when I started some small exercises I got back pains and what should I do. Tell me particular using what medicine I should use what treatment take tell me please help me sir I can expect most answers of them.
Im 28years old. And I have knee pain. I could not walk also. Can not tolerate this problem. Please give me some suggestions and also im getting eye irritation. Tel me for this also. Thank you.
Hello doctors, I am going to gym form yesterday onwards. I am working out hard from yesterday onwards in gym. But I am suffering from hand muscle pains and muscles are totally in contracted position. I couldnt lift my hand as normal its really hard for me to do my works suggest me exercise or english medicine to get subside of pains both my hands are in same position. Its urgent docs.
A painful, common condition that affects the lower part of the spine is termed as back pain. It is mostly caused by strain (muscle injury) or sprain (ligament injury). Some other causes include poor posture, improper lifting, fracture, infrequent exercise, arthritis or a ruptured disk. Usually, pain in the lower back is the only symptom.
Conventional treatment for back pain often includes
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Weight control
If these treatments fail, then the only option left is surgery. Either discectomy (surgical procedure to relieve pressure in the disc by removing the gel-like substance in the disc) or foraminotomy (surgical procedure to expand the gaps through which the nerves pass) is performed.
However, conventional therapy usually has side-effects and only manages to suppress the problem, not cure it. If you seek a cure, Ayurveda is an excellent option. Usually, Ayurvedic remedies are non-invasive, natural and can be arranged at home.
Here are some great Ayurvedic treatments:
- According to the principles of Ayurveda, imbalance in the doshas can lead to problems in the body. The goal of Ayurveda is to balance the doshas and heal the body from the inside. So a lot of Ayurvedic treatments comprise of foods that need to be consumed for the body to heal. For example, you can blend wheat, coriander powder, khuskhus powder and milk together, boil it for twenty minutes and then consume it at room temperature. This will relieve your pain.
- Another thing you can do is fry garlic in coconut oil and then use the oil to massage over the affected areas on your back.
- To restore the damaged dosha, daily purgation is suggested.
- Practicing Yoga can go a long way in managing your pain as well. In Ayurveda, pain is seen as a result of exerting yourself too much, either emotionally or physically. If your spine needs strength, your mind must be strong first of all. So, firstly, your mind needs balance before you can focus on the affected areas. When doing Yoga, start with easy postures such as backbends. Consult a yoga therapist or teacher before you start doing any yoga posture.
- Panchkarma therapies like Kati basti, Anuvasan basti, niruha basti, special Ayurveda tail abhyanga (message), steam with Ayurvedaic Aushadh like nirgundi patra , rasna, eranda mula etc. will give you great and permanent results. Also, Patrapinda swedan will also help in relieving pain.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I can hear knocking sound from my neck when I move it. Only I can hear it. Its been on for few months now. Wondering why and how I can get rid off it. Thanks
I am 43 years old weight 70 kg. Height 5.6 ft male. I am suffering from right knee pain from last six months. The x-ray report says" there is increased concavity at lateral tibial condyle with end plate sclerosis" Please suggest next step.
I'm suffering from calcium deficiency due to which I'm facing many problems like weakness in bones, joint pains, weak eye sight which is increasing, and the major problem is hair fall and yellow teeth even though I don't smoke or chew tobacco. I'm not married and getting bald. It is effecting my body and personality also. Need best advice regarding medicine/supplement enriched in calcium and diet. Please help me to over this please suggest me what is required
I am male of 62, I am having severe pain in both the knee joints(osteoarthritis). I am using Orecerine- GM. My uric acid is 8. 5 and using medicine Febucip 40. Please advise a good medicine that I should take ?
Hi, I am suffering from few problems. 1) high pain on the last point of back bone. 2) due to cold I drank lots of lemon tea but from last night m frequently going for pee (in 15 minutes. And m also feeling irritation in urine very High. Please suggest me what to do?
I am feeling pain in my tail bone from past one month and want to know what can I do about it to cure. This is not a back pain.
Runner's knee is not a particularly dangerous problem. It is an expansive term that refers to the pain you feel in case you have one of the few knee issues. For instance, chondromalacia patella, a condition due to softening of the cartilage under the kneecap can lead to runner's knee side effects.
Runner's knee can happen for a few reasons:
- Overuse of the knee in case you are performing highly stretchable exercises
- An immediate hit to the knee as from a fall or a blow
- Your bones are not lined up or aligned properly (this is called malalignment)
- If any of the bones from your hips to your lower legs are out of their right positions, including the kneecap itself, excessive amount of weight can be felt on specific spots in the joint. At that point, your kneecap will not move easily, which can bring about pain.
- Problems with your feet like hypermobile feet (when the joints in and around the feet move more than they should)
- Powerless or unequal thigh muscles. The muscles in the front of your thigh keep your kneecap in its place when you stretch or bend the joint. If they are tight, your kneecap may shift.
Symptoms of Runner's Knee:
The main symptom you will notice is pain. It can happen:
- In front, behind, or around your kneecap
- When you bend your knee, such as when you walk, squat, kneel, run, or even get up from a chair
- When you walk downstairs or downhill
You might also notice swelling around your knee or a popping or grinding feeling inside the joint.
For the vast majority, runner's knee shows signs of improvement with time. However, certain treatments or remedies for pain elevation are as follows:
- Rest your knee. Try to avoid exercises that aggravate the pain, for example, running, lunging, squatting, or sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Ice your knee to relieve the pain and swelling. Do it for 20 to 30 minutes each three to four hours for three days, or until the pain is gone.
- Wrap your knee. Use a flexible wrap, brace, or sleeves to give it additional support.
- Keep your leg raised on a cushion when you are sitting or resting.
- Take non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen or naproxen. These medications help in getting rid of the irritation and help in reducing the pain and swelling. However, they can have reactions such as a risk of bleeding and ulcers.
- Do stretching exercises, especially for your quadriceps muscles. Your specialist can prescribe a physiotherapist to show you what to do.
- Try arch or knee supports for your shoes. They may help with the position of your feet. You can get them at the store or get them custom-made.
- In case that you attempt these procedures and your knee still hurts, enquire as to whether you have to see a surgeon.
- Your specialist additionally may suggest that you get injections of a corticosteroid to help with the pain. However, these are not replacements for rest or exercises.
- Although it is uncommon, extreme instances of runner's knee may require surgery. An orthopedic specialist can replace or remove the affected ligament and, in extraordinary cases, adjust the position of the kneecap.
An Orthopaedic specialist can help you sort out the problem.