Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in Palwal. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. MohitYour feedback matters!
Why I get burns all over my body when I go out in the sun and my skin is getting torn apart from my palm and legs. Please help.
Dear Doctor, I am noticing for past one month or more that my penis head is dry and my foreskin is sticking to the head like sticker. I used to wash the forehead with little soap but after noticing the dryness, I wash the forehead only with warm water but still there is not much difference in the dryness. I also have a concern of premature ejaculation for which I tried Homeo medicine but did not find any difference but this condition imam facing for quite some time. Is there any serious issue that I need to be concerned about. Request your support in this regard. Thanks.
I am suffering from tough headache. So can I get out from it? Please consult me the better solution for it. I get rid of it. Please.
I'm 30 year old, before 3 years I had stone in kidney, and took cystone, further I'm married and having a child. And my left testis getting pain if the sperm is not released (viz via sex or masturbations) for more than a week. Please let me know about the secure treatments. Thanks,
I am a 24-year-old male, Before two-day I felt severe pain, in the side of the abdomen. I consulted a doctor and came to know after check up that there is a stone in my kidney. Kindly suggest me DIET chart and what not to eat.
I am 21 years old I am suffering with severe headache I tried many home remedies and medicines but I not find the permanent solution can anyone please give me solution or remedy on my headache.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
I am 24 year male, the problem with me is that, I used to masturbate a lot. 3 times a day. Is this bad for my health? And how should I get rid of it.
I am suffer from malaria from one months but I didn't see the improvement. So what can I do to get well.
I had sex with an accepted girl using condom saturday evening nw I have body pain and cold tell me sir am I in at risk. is it sign of Hiv.
- Prevention is better than cure as we all know, few tips eat plenty of fruits and vegetables organic as much as possible,
- Eat only fresh food avoid processed food and bakery products as they contain harmful food additives, avoid red meat if possible, sleep well minimum 6 hrs a day, avoid cold food if allergic,
- Do not use mosquito coils, liquid, do not smoke.
- Exercise daily as much as possible
Diabetes is often referred to as diabetes mellitus by physicians, which is used for describing a group of metabolic-related diseases. Diabetic patients have high blood sugar (blood glucose) in the blood, the cause of which might be either the inadequate production of insulin or because the body is unable to use the insulin properly. Diabetes might also be a result of the combination of both.
There are three types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes which was formerly known as insulin-dependent diabetes or juvenile onset diabetes due to the fact that the symptoms are typically diagnosed in young children and children in their teens. Approximately 10%diabetic patients are Type 1 diabetic where the body is unable to produce insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes was also known as non-insulin-dependent diabetes or adult onset diabetes, as it occurs mostly in adults. Approximately 90%diabetic patients worldwide are Type 2 diabetes, which occurs because the body is unable to produce the required amount of insulin for proper functioning. Overweight and obese people suffering from central obesity or abdominal obesity are more at risk of developing Type 2 diabetes than people who have a healthy body weight, as obesity forces the release of chemicals which may destabilize the cardiovascular and metabolic systems of the body. The risks of developing Type 2 diabetes also increases as one grows older.
- Another type of diabetes is gestational diabetes, which mainly affects pregnant women who have high glucose levels in their blood. The bodies of these women are unable to produce the required amount of insulin to transport all the glucose to their cells leading to the progressive increase of glucose. Studies have revealed that women who have animal fat and cholesterol-rich diet before pregnancy are at more risk of developing this type of diabetes.
Symptoms of diabetes include excessive thirst, dehydration, increased urination and hunger. Symptoms may also include fatigue, skin problems, slow healing wounds, blurred vision and tingling in the feet.
- Patients who are afflicted with Type 1 diabetes will have to take insulin injections for life. Proper blood glucose levels have to be maintained throughout by following a strict diet and regular blood tests need to be carried out.
- Patients with Type 2 diabetes need to keep their weight in check. They are generally treated with tablets, but sometimes insulin injections are recommended. These diabetic patients need to follow a healthy diet strictly, exercise regularly and keep monitoring their blood glucose levels. Another option for obese people to reduce symptoms is Bariatric surgery.
- While gestational diabetes can be controlled with proper diet and regular exercise, there are 10 - 20%of diabetics who will need medications to control blood-glucose. Undiagnosed and untreated gestational diabetes raises the risks of complications during childbirth and may result in a baby who is bigger than he / she should be.
Acute complications of diabetes may include hyperglycemia or hypoglycemia while chronic complications may include diseases of the blood vessels which could damage the eyes, nerves, kidneys and the heart. If you think you have symptoms which suggest diabetes, consulting a doctor at the earliest would be your best option.
Health benefits of egg whites:
According to kanter, 'high-quality protein helps build muscles and allows people to feel full longer and stay energized, which can help them maintain a healthy weight.' egg whites are an excellent source of protein, with 3.6 g of protein per 17-calorie egg white. That's about 5 percent of your daily protein needs.
'although we often think of protein's function in building and maintaining muscle, newer research suggests other benefits of protein' kanter told live science' for example, numerous studies since 2010 have found that protein-rich breakfasts, including those containing eggs, result in blunted postprandial glucose and insulin responses, greater satiety, and lower energy intake at a subsequent meal, suggesting a positive role of eggs for hunger and weight management.' a study published in the american journal of clinical nutrition looked at protein-rich breakfasts in overweight or obese adolescent girls and found that high-protein breakfasts were associated with less evening snacking, as well as positive changes in 'appetitive, hormonal, and neural signals that control food intake regulation.'
One egg white contains 54 mg of potassium, a vital mineral and electrolyte associated with heart health, bone health and overall effective cell and organ functioning, according to the university of maryland medical center. Many studies have linked potassium with lower blood pressure because it promotes vasodiliation (widening of blood vessels), according to today's dietitian. A study of 12, 000 adults, published in archives of internal medicine, showed that those who consumed 4, 069 mg of potassium each day lowered their risk of cardiovascular disease and ischemic heart disease by 37 percent and 49 percent, respectively, compared with those who took 1, 793 mg per day.
Egg whites contain almost identical amounts of potassium and sodium, minerals that work together to create an essential electrochemical gradient known as membrane potential, according to the linus pauling institute at oregon state university. Membrane potential is critical for muscle contraction, nerve impulse transmission, heart function, and transferring nutrients and metabolites throughout cells. Maintaining these membrane potentials accounts for 20-40 percent of the resting energy expenditure of a typical adult. According to livestrong. Com, egg whites help balance the potassium and sodium necessary to maintain these membrane potentials.
'diets higher in protein have been linked with lower risk of developing hypertension,' said kanter, and new research shows that egg whites might be particularly helpful. In an animal study announced by the american chemical society, scientists at clemson university discovered that a peptide called rvpsl (a component of protein) found in egg whites 'reduces blood pressure about as much as a low dose of captopril, a high-blood-pressure drug.' it blocks angiotensin-converting enzymes, which are produced by the body and increase blood pressure.
Kanter noted that egg whites are a good source of riboflavin, also known as vitamin b2. Sixty-two percent of an egg's riboflavin is contained in the white. This vitamin is associated with releasing energy from carbohydrates, thereby helping metabolism, and producing red blood cells, according to the national institutes of health, which lists eggs on its list of good sources of riboflavin. It also works as an antioxidant, breaking down dangerous free radicals (molecules that can damage or kill cells), according to the university of maryland medical center.
An american journal of clinical nutrition article discussed the problems associated with riboflavin deficiencies. These included anemia, homocysteine levels that are associated with cardiovascular disease, and increased risk of cancer in animal trials.
Hair and skin care
The protein content in egg whites has made them a popular folk treatment for hair and skin care. There is no scientific evidence to back these claims up, however.
While egg whites are a good source of protein and a great option for those suffering from diabetes, high cholesterol or cardiovascular disease, people should be careful not to assume that egg whites provide all the same nutritional benefits of whole eggs. 'most of the vitamins and minerals are contained in the yolk,' said kanter. 'nutrients found exclusively in the yolk include choline, vitamin b12, vitamin d and iron among others.'
A study published in the american journal of clinical nutrition in 2002 caused a stir when it found that raw egg whites interfere with absorption of biotin. Biotin is a b vitamin that is important to fat and sugar metabolism and blood sugar regulation, according to world's healthiest foods. Egg whites contain a glycoprotein called avidin, which binds to biotin and makes it absorbable by the digestive tract. This problem is solved by cooking egg whites.
When raw, both egg whites and whole eggs can present a risk of infecting eaters with salmonella. The centers for disease control recommends cooking all types of eggs until both the white and yolk are firm.
Some people are allergic to proteins in egg yolks and egg whites, but egg-white allergies are more common, according to the mayo clinic. As many as 2 percent of children are allergic to eggs, according to the american college of allergy, asthma and immunology. Fortunately, studies show that about 70 percent of children with an egg allergy outgrow it by age 16. Allergic reactions range from a mild rash to stomach pain to anaphylaxis, which impairs breathing and can send the body into shock.