Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Palampur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Munish Sood
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Treatment of Greying Hair
Submit a review for Dr. Munish SoodYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Munish Sood provides answers that are very helpful. Sir,i read your article on acidity and constipation.sir i want to buy medicine for the same.pls give me your contact num.my number is 8382894720.i am from faridabad.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Munish Sood to be thorough. Doctor answered very well, helpful
Dr. Munish Sood provides answers that are very helpful and knowledgeable. Very helpful
Dr. Munish Sood provides answers that are knowledgeable. Very good advice
Ayurveda is a renowned life science that has been credited with changing lives since ancient times. Not only can it prevent diseases and ailments, but it can also cure them with its combination of herbal medication, everyday routine and yogic poses. Weight management is a field that also enjoys various Ayurvedic remedies. Some of them are as follows.
- Herbs: Herbs are a way of healing used by Ayurveda, and the use of various herbs can help in hastening the metabolism for healthy weight management.
- Taste: Ayurveda recognises six distinct tastes that should be incorporated into one's daily diet. These tastes include salty, pungent, sour, sweet, bitter and finally, astringent. Each of these tastes has several properties that balance the various hormones and health factors in one's body. These tastes form the various counterpoints to alleviate all kinds of health problems, which finally help in effective weight management. Also, one must eat all the seasonal fruits and vegetables to keep the body and hormones in good balance.
- Exercise: While a daily routine of exercise is a must in any life science, Ayurveda too propagates the devotion of at least 45 minutes to one hour towards some form of exercise. Walking is said to be the most important and effective forms of exercise, followed by several yoga poses that can help in better weight management. Also, as per Ayurveda, it is important to move after each and every meal, so that a routine of eating and activity is built into the system.
- Sleep: Ayurveda recognises sleep or rest as one of the most important aspects of a healthy lifestyle. While good eating habits and exercise form one side of it, sleep or rest completes the triangle. One can also practice the Savasana or resting pose for a period of rest. And at least six to seven hours of sleep is a must as per Ayuveda.
- Meditation: This practice helps in focussing the awareness which can instil the desired function like weight management in the body. Being mindful of what your body needs can also help in eating and exercising right.
Weight management is a lifelong process in Ayurveda. Contact us for a private consultation to know more.
Gastric acids are chemicals provided by your stomach to aid digestion. But the corrosive effects they induce are counteracted by the secretion of other chemicals. It is when the secretion of these chemicals is impaired that it leads to damaged stomach lining, causing acidity, also known as acid reflux.
Ayurveda promises some easy home treatments for acidity which are quite efficient in ensuring fast recovery for you. You can use any of these listed Ayurvedic treatments if you suffer from acidity.
1. Amla powder (Indian Gooseberry) and honey
Soak one teaspoonful of amla powder in half a cup of water. Add honey and stir and drink empty stomach in the morning. Repeat similarly for the evening.
2. Cumin seeds
You can reduce cumin seeds to their powder form, then you have to add half a spoon of it to water; presumably, one liter. Then, keep the solution boiling then filter it. You will have to make sure that you drink this solution instead of normal water. Take this water based solution everyday till recovery. This is quite an effective remedy for acidity.
3. Mulethi (liquorice) and honey
You can reduce liquorice root to powder, then to half a spoon of this powder add little honey to form paste. Lick to consume this paste twice daily after meals. Liquorice neutralizes the acids quickly to give relief.
4. White pumpkin juice
Take white pumpkin peel and slice it and make a pulpy juice out of it. Half a cup twice daily gives fast recovery from gastritis and acidity. Alternatively you may eat sweet made of pumpkin (peetha ki methai) after meals.
You can take half a glass of buttermilk and add a pinch of each asafetida and turmeric to it. With it, also take care to add a tiny amount of fenugreek and drink it at night, to make the most of its benefits.
You can try taking boiled ash gourd with jaggery. This relieves the burning sensation in the stomach to a considerable extent.
With the super-busy lifestyle that everybody is gravitating to, there is less time for everything, including cooking and eating. More processed foods are finding their way into the refrigerator, which can just be picked up and eaten anytime hunger pangs are felt. And we do not immediately realize that processed foods are devoid of all the essential ingredients. What we end up eating has less fiber, more salt, more preservatives (generally not very safe for all) - all leading to an unhealthy lifestyle.
Refined flour, white sugar, cheese, juices, canned juices, cheese-laden pizzas, bread frozen and foods all these sound yummy but not something readily accepted and digested by your stomach. Try eating pizza with loads of cheese for two days and experience the bloated feeling for yourself. Not to scare you but imagine this, you would have to eat an entire medium pizza to get like 2 gm of fiber. Your body requires about 25 to 40 gm of fiber per day for regular health maintenance.
Biologically, our digestive system requires a lot of fiber which adds to the roughage. This is very important to help in digestion and to aid in cleansing the bowel after that. The function of the large intestine is to remove water and essential ingredients when food passes through it. A junk food passes through quite quickly, thereby, leading to loss of water and ingredients. A lot of digestive issues are also related to lack of fiber in the food like polyps, colon cancer, irritable bowel syndrome, high cholesterol and obesity.
Most of us are aware but tend to ignore the fact that junk food, as well as the name says, junk. There is hardly anything of great nutritious value in it. There is a lot of salt, fat and artificial chemicals which all make it very tasty but with not-very-good nutritious value. Try to eat only junk food for about a week regularly, and you will surely feel:
1. Bloated (a lot of gas due to indigestion)
2. Dehydrated (excessive salt needs more water, which we don't realize)
3. Constipated (lack of fiber leading to reduced bowel movement)
4. Weak and lousy (lack of nutrition)
This, of course, does not include the harmful effects on skin, hair, looks, etc.
It does not mean you have to stop eating junk completely and eat only healthy all the time. The human body is adaptive and can take adjust to a lot of variations. It is not wise to try the example above (eating pizza for a week), while binging on junk food once in a week would definitely not hurt. Use your discretion as nobody knows your body as well as you do.
Hair fall has a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, your self esteem and confidence. It is also true that it is a very common problem and can be controlled and stopped completely through proper treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for hair fall has long term effects and it brings out the best results since the issues get rectified from the inside, preventing them from coming back.
Ayurveda and Hair Loss
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of mind-body structure. Hair is considered a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth. Diet, yoga, meditation and medicated herbal oil massage are the Ayurvedic treatments generally recommended for hair loss.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall:
1. Dietary modifications
It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of alcohol, meat, coffee, tea and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated due to intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
1. Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of Pomegranate, carrot, spinach and Kokam.
2. Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
3. Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp-related problems.
4. Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
6. Yoga and meditation: Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable.
7. Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil: Bhringaraaja, Brahmi, Amla, Neem, Ritha and Ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful to control hair fall.
I am 43 male, 72 weight, B.p. 140/150, no blood sugar, cholesterol normal below 200, Ldl 50 after allopathic medicine, what do for healthy life. Do continue any medicine?
Varicose Veins is a severe medical condition whereby the veins (mostly legs) become swollen, tortuous and dilated, i.e. the veins become varicosed. The Venous blood flows in an upward direction from the feet to the heart. There are special valves present in the veins that assist the upward flow of the blood. Fatigue, prolonged standing, menopause and a number of other factors can weaken the valves. This affects the movement of the blood flow. As a result, some of it leaks and flows back down. The affected veins turn bluish-brown, red or blue. There also occurs dryness, leading to unbearable itching. Redness or the Red Leg syndrome is very common in case of Varicose Veins.
A number of surgical and non-surgical options are available for Varicose Veins. The Ayurvedic treatment, with its effectiveness and negligible or zero side effects, is the most sought after option.
Identifying the root cause
Accurate diagnosis is very important for effective treatment. According to Ayurveda, an imbalance of the Vata (wind and space) plays a pivotal role in Varicose Veins. The role of Rakhta (blood) and Pitta (heat) cannot be neglected either. Thus, restoring the Vata balance becomes a very important part of the treatment.
The Vata balance can be easily restored by following a healthy lifestyle and having an equally healthy and nutritious diet:
1. Citrus fruit like Amla works miraculously to revitalise the fatigued and Varicosed vein.
2. Include fresh fruits, whole grains (oats, millets to name a few) and proteins (milk, eggs, fish and chicken) in your diet. Drink plenty of water.
3. Red meat and spicy foods should be strictly avoided.
4. Garlic, onion and ginger are very beneficial. Consume them regularly.
5. Do not indulge in rigorous exercise or walking. Never soak your feet in cold water after exercise. It can prove to be detrimental for Varicose Veins.
6. Do not compromise on your sleep. A rejuvenated body and a relaxed mind can enhance the healing process greatly.
Ayurvedic medicines and herbs for treating Varicose Veins
-Kaishora guggulu: Being a natural cleanser of blood, Kaishora guggulu is an obvious choice for Varicose Veins.
-Sarivadyasava: It goes a long way to detoxify the blood naturally.
-Chirabilvadi kashaya: It is very effective in case of haemorrhoids.
Sahacharadi: It is amazing herbal oil that provides great relief. Tender application of Sahacharadi over the varicosed vein/ veins can work wonders.
Herbs like Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Brhami go a long way to restore the Vata balance.
Do not lose sleep over Varicose Veins. The best and most effective Ayurvedic Treatment is just a click away.
PCOD or Polycystic Ovary disease is one of the most common hormonal disorders faced by women today. The trigger for PCOD varies from person to person, and can range from poor diet and stress to fluctuating insulin and hormonal disturbances. PCOD patients have an enlarged ovary with a number of small follicular cysts. If you or a loved one has PCOD, here are a few things you should know.
Acknowledge the symptoms
PCOD is hard to diagnose. Some of its symptoms are irregular periods, high insulin levels, abnormal hair growth, low thyroid, acne, obesity and high blood pressure. Checkups at regular intervals are needed to confirm a PCOD diagnosis.
A change in lifestyle is the best form of medication
Medication for PCOD addresses its symptoms. For example, you could take medication to correct Insulin resistance or pills to control acne and hair growth. However, a lifestyle change in the form of a well balanced diet and regular exercise is essential for PCOD patients. In terms of diet, PCOD sufferers should have lesser carbohydrates and sugars, and increased amounts of fiber and protein. Exercise helps control weight and the balance between male and female hormones. PCOD patients also need to find ways to lower their stress levels. Yoga and meditation can be very helpful to this effect. Without this, no medication will be effective.
If left untreated PCOD can lead to many other problems
Diagnosing PCOD is difficult and even when diagnosed, regular checkups are essential for PCOD. When left unchecked, PCOD can lead to many more problems such as diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure and even endometrial cancer. PCOD can also result in difficulties at the time of conception and lead to miscarriages if not treated properly.
You can have a baby even if you have PCOD
A PCOD diagnosis can make it hard to get pregnant, but does not limit your ability to conceive a healthy baby. If the patient has fertility problems because of PCOD, doctors often prescribe treatments to stimulate the ovaries into producing more eggs. Women with PCOD are often recommended to plan an early pregnancy, as advancing age adds to the limited capacity of the ovaries.
Lastly, know that you aren't alone and PCOD should not embarrass you. Instead of bottling up your feelings and thoughts, find supportive friends and family members that you can talk to. You can also find support online through a number of discussion forums.
Hello sir, meri age 26+ hai. Actually last two week se merko jukam or khasi hai. Jo theek nhi ho rhi. #symptom merko khasi ek dm sukhi hai no cough nothing. Aisa feel hota hai jaise body me weekness hai kafi din se kuch khaya nhi hai aisi khasi. Or jukam jaise hi me koi dust ka kaam krta hu sneeze start ho jati hai countinuos. Jukam kabhi ek dm sukha or kabi kabi ek dm pani ki trh flow krne lagta hai nose se. Sir, ye kisi bimari ke sign hai to nahi. Please tell me. Yes, I am start live in with my gf and daily doing sex with her. Kya ye uski wjs se to nahi. Please guide me and provide me best path. Thank you so much.
Hello Doctor, I am suffering from heavy flum, i am not able to take breathe. Can you say any home remedy for that.
If you're suffering from weak memory or memory loss, Ayurveda might be able to solve your problems. Ayurveda uses natural remedies to cure many diseases, and even though forgetting where you put your glasses or cell phones may not sound discrete enough, it may be early signs of dementia. Before it escalates to that level, here are 5 foods that you may try to curb it as the first signs appear.
* Almonds are one of the most effective food items to increase your brain power and cure amnesia. They are a rich source of Omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants that hike up your mental prowess. They are best to have early in the morning, ground and mixed with milk and sugar (or a healthier supplement being honey), or otherwise, after being soaked overnight in water.
* Ayurvedic herbs, like rosemary, brahmi, ashwagandha, shankha pushpin, licorice plant, etc, are all known to have medicinal properties that improve your brain power. Regulated incorporation of these herbs in your diet in requisite amount relaxes your mind, and thereby improves its functioning capacity.
* Indian Gooseberry or amla, is rich in Vitamin C, as well as anti oxidants, which helps boost immunity, but other than that, amla is also known to have properties to strengthen your nervous system. It is one of the best remedies for managing Alzheimer's disease. It can be consumed raw or dried, and at times along with white sesame seeds.
* Fish oil is an excellent way to enhance your memory, especially if you are a non-vegetarian. It contains rich quantities of Omega 3 fatty acids, which help rejuvenate your brain cells. But if you are a vegetarian or vegan, fish oil or even fishes like salmon, might not be the best suited to your dietary preference, in which case it may be more helpful to consume Omega 3 supplements which are readily available in the market, or even fenugreek seeds.
* Cinnamon helps in revitalizing your mental health, when consumed, or even when smelled. Add a pinch of cinnamon to your food, or mix a teaspoon with honey, and it will work wonders for your mental health.
* Nigella seeds, black seeds or kalonji is another way to boost your memory. They are rich in anti oxidants, and alongside also have anti-inflammatory and provide natural protection to neurons. Adding them to your meals can not only improve their taste but also enhance its remedial powers.