Doctors in Prakash Hospital
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Treatment of No Periods
Treatment of Hand Pain
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Treatment of Throat Ache
Treatment of Ear Pain
Treatment of Sneezing
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Sinusitis
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Treatment of Foot Pain
Submit a review for Prakash HospitalYour feedback matters!
Decline in muscle strength and flexibility, slower balance reflexes and some vision problems are some of the prevalent causes of falling down amongst elders.
As we get older, the physical components of the body start wearing out, and the effects are felt in the joints, ligaments, intervertebral discs, and spine. Spondylitis is a form of arthritis that affects the human spine. A degenerative spinal disorder, it originates in degradations in the quality of human bones.
Spondylitis may affect all parts of the spine and causes pain in the neck (cervical spine) and the back of the body (thoracic or lumbar spine). Symptoms of this degenerative ailment include pain and stiffness in the neck and back regions. The condition often reduces the range of motion and movements possible in human beings. Thankfully, medical science has fashioned various effective means to cope with this problem.
- Exercising: Regular physical workouts help to lubricate the discs of the spine and counter degeneration of the discs. Exercise also helps the body to remain strong and supple with the passage of time. If you are already affected by spondylitis, it is best to avoid high-impact exercises, such as running, since the shock of impact can worsen the condition. Talk to your physiotherapist about managing the condition effectively.
- Yoga Postures: Some yoga postures like Bridge and the Cobra pose can stretch the muscles of the neck while making them stronger. The benefits of Yoga are not just limited to improving the neck and the back. They help to make the body stronger and more flexible. Yoga also confers proven benefits to mental health in human beings.
- Accentuating the ergonomics: The ergonomics of the workplace can make a significant difference to the health of the employees. Right from the lighting to the height of the desk to the placement of the laptop or the computer all of these actions play a crucial role in improving the comfort of the spine. While sitting, the back of the back should be tilted at 10 to 15 degrees back rather than being straight as a rod. Tall individuals should adjust their chairs to offer support to their thighs. You should also take a break from the workstation every 30 minutes and stretch the body.
- Early diagnosis: Even ten years back, the condition of spondylitis affected people aged more than 60 years. However, in recent times, people as young as 40 years suffer from neck and back pain. Most cases of spondylitis are triggered by repeated injury and stiffness owing to the lack of adequate movement. Health experts recommend an early detection of the condition. Those suffering from the condition should take measures to alleviate the disease instead of ignoring it.
Another thing that deserves mention in this regard is avoiding painkillers every time the pain strikes. Chemical interventions are not the best course of recommended actions. Doctors suggest that it is best not to depend on any medications but to seek natural means of improving the condition and arresting any deterioration.
Poor neck posture-induced cervical vertigo and pain in the neck are common conditions in modern society. These can lead to seemingly unrelated issues such as trouble in swallowing, numbness, recurrent headaches, and even balance issues. We will investigate how these issues are related to neck pain in the passages below.
The human neck, also known as the cervical spine, comprises of the spinal cord and the brain. The neck is a connected physical network that consists of muscles, joints, nerves, and bones. The core function of the neck is to offer stability, nerve communications, and strength to the human body. Complications and problems arising from this structure can cause various health problems as below.
- Balance problems: Difficulty in maintaining the normal balance of the body remains one of the most prominent symptoms associated with neck pain. Patients with neck problems exhibit a persistent unsteady disposition. They may fail to maintain balance while standing, walking, or sitting. This leads to difficulty in negotiating everyday situations and conducting normal daily work routines. People who suffer from cervical vertigo or poor neck posture-related issues tend to suffer from general imbalance. Bodily movement and locomotion can exacerbate this condition.
- Headaches: A headache or pain in the head is a prominent symptom of pain in and around the neck or head. Patients are advised to seek medical advice before they embark on a course of medication or exercises. Migraines, excessive stress, and depression can also be responsible for headaches. People suffering from neck problems also complain about experiencing throbbing or sharp pain in the head or any particular spot around the head or neck region. In the case where headaches are caused by neck problems, the neck tends to become tender at the top portion, right at the base of the skull. In headaches induced by neck pain, the pain moves from the head to the behind of the eyes and can even cause ear pain or tinnitus.
- Dizziness: The term dizziness refers to experiencing or having sensations like wooziness, lightheadedness, or unbalanced movement. When these conditions are heightened, the patient may faint and lose consciousness. Dizziness is not a disease but a mere symptom of certain health issues. Neck problems are one of them. Often people experience dizziness when they suffer from neck issues or cervical vertigo for extended durations. This degrades the quality of life, and in such cases, they experience a feeling of the surrounding environment spinning every time they turn their head while sitting upright or along the vertical axis. Sometimes, along with the neck problem-induced dizziness, vomiting and nausea may follow.
Doctors and health professionals must examine a persistent neck problem and its severity. The subsequent physiotherapy treatment and the time required to eliminate the problems may vary. However, there’s no denying that when it comes to dealing with neck problems, such as chronic neck pain or wry neck or even neck stiffness or cervical vertigo, the physiotherapy techniques remain the best recommendation.
Hi doctor. I am two weeks late for my period which is causing me a big problem because I am never irregular My pregnancy test cane out to be negative Please help me to induce my period.
Hi Doctor, I and my boy friend are planning to have a unprotected sex, my age is 25 and weight is 50 kgs, 3 days back only my periods over, so if its possible that I can take a unwanted tablet, how I can take the unwanted tablets, after taking the unwanted tablet will there be a huge blood loss. May I know recently only my periods are over, if I take a unwanted tab it will workout.
I am 29 years old and I had sprain in my right ankle before 3 years and I had pain all this years and it is swelling when am walking or sitting. I had MRI and the Dr. propose to wear support for now but this will lead to minor surgery so what do you recommend me?
I am a teenager. My periods generally start between the 27th to 1st of each month. On the 19th of October, my boyfriend and I got intimate. He had premature ejaculation on his tip, though I remember licking it. I then sat on his penis and he's not quite sure if he had precum on the tip or not, it could've been saliva too. We didn't put it in all the way through, it barely passed the walls of my vagina. There was NO penetration and NOR DID he ejaculate anywhere near my vagina. And we did it for like 10 seconds. He'd urinated an hour before all this happened. IT'S BEEN 4 DAYS NOW AND I AM WORRIED SICK. I DON'T KNOW IF THIS COULD GET ME PREGNANT. I'M UNDER A LOT OF STRESS AND ANXIETY AND I HAVE NO ONE TO TALK TO. I READ ABOUT THIS A LOT AND I'M CONFUSED AS EACH WEBSITE SAYS SOMETHING DIFFERENT. I REALLY NEED THE OPINION OF A PROFESSIONAL.
"Walking" is a very common recommendation by any mental health care professional to overcome Stress or Anxiety or Depression as its one of the simple exercise to maintain both physical and mental health. However we notice people with emotional disturbance, find enough reasons or excuses not to go out and do this simple task. Rather they are comfortable to try something indoor or at home.
Similar to another set of people who are looking for stress management solution, always find their busy schedule as a reason to skip walking and try to compensate by doing a heavy walking or other exercises during weekend!!.. It may be a justification from your point of view, but still, the body and mind need their share of daily routine to maintain a proper health.
So what's the alternative? Good news is that there is an alternate solution available from our ancient practice called “ 8 Walking” invented by Tamil Sidhas ( Yogis). Western world calls it as “Infinity walking”.
How to do 8 Walking?
- It's like a normal walking, but you will walk in 8 shaped pattern. Here the 8 shape is formed by joining 2 circles of approx 6 feet diameter each in “South-North” direction
You can create this 8 Shape, preferably in an open space like garden, balcony, terrace, car parking etc ( Pic Shown). Worst case you can do it in your living areas/ hall by placing 2 chairs at a gap of 3 feet and start walking in 8 shape between the chairs.
Practice this in the morning or evening, an empty stomach. Preferable timing is 5 to 6 AM/PM.
Start walking from south to north direction in clockwise for 15 min and then anticlockwise for 15 min. Total 30 min is good enough for a daily routine, but you can increase the timing based on your comfort.
Preferable to walk on a barefoot (without shoes) and concentrate on the 8 shape while walking. You can do breathing or OM Mantra chanting while doing the walk. Also, you can use Yoga mudra while walking (like Prana Mudra)
What are the Benefits of 8 Walking?
As you walk South-North direction, your body interfere with the earth’s magnetic force and get energized to activate all the chakras and all internal organs.
Due to 8 shaped walking style, all your body parts like legs, ankles, knees, abdomen, hip, hands, shoulders, neck, head etc. moves in a twist and turn pattern. So it gives a very good physical movement to all parts of the body when compared to regular walking.
As you walk on bare foot, there will be pressure created at different points in your foot due to the contact with the ground and thereby activating all internal organs. Within a few weeks, you see relief from any chronic disease (foot has the reflex acupressure points that are linked to the internal organ)
As you need to concentrate on the 8 shape while walking, you will be completely focused on only walking & breathing in a slow and steady rhythm, which in turn helps you to get stress relief and relax your mind.
With regular practice, you will notice relief from Headache, Digestive Problems, Thyroid, Obesity, Knee pains, Rheumatoid Arthritis, weight gain/ loss and constipation etc.T his walking helps in balancing blood pressure. It also reduces sugar level in the blood and reverses your diabetes and its complication within a year of regular 8 walking.
Refresh your body and mind for daylong work.
It’s easy and very convenient for aged people who can’t go out for regular walking.
Practice “8 walking" and enjoy the good health. Reach out to me to know more about similar preventive and practical lifestyle changes through "Ayurveda wellness workshop" that can help you to keep your body and mind healthy. Health is Wealth. Be Healthy!!