Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikas Kumar Agarwal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Child Growth Management
Management of Postnatal Care
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas Kumar AgarwalYour feedback matters!
My daughter is 1 year old I want to leave breast feeding at night so what should I make her eat before sleeping so that she doesn't wake up for feed?
My sister had adopted a girl child a year back. Baby was then 7 days old. Later as time progresses they figured out her brain size was not increasing normal. How after many doc visits they have settled for some therapy courses everyday for her developmental. She s 1 1/2 years now. Still doesn't walk. But starts sitting with bend down. Forward. She claps smile and sees everyone. Can U pls suggest more as how we can help her without any delay.
My new born baby of 15 days has got watery eyes. Water keeps coming out of her eyes. What needs to be done in this case and is this normal for new born or I need to be worried about it.
Hello everybody my baby girl is 15 days old but she not going toilet before 3 days she taking mother milk urine passing clear what is reason of no passing stool please tell me and what is the treatment.
My 5 years old son is too skinny, weighs about 13 kgs only although he is not very fussy about meals, he dislikes milk. Please suggest for his normal growth n development.
Your baby's skin is soft and sensitive. Being cautious can reduce the chances of skin infections, but it doesn't in any way refute the possibility altogether. Hence, you must be overly careful. Your baby could face intense discomfort if you happen to neglect the appearance of diaper rashes. Persistent rashes on your baby's bottom can make him or her irritable. Look into the causes and remedies of diaper rash in children to keep your baby cheerful.
Causes of Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Friction and lack of air circulation between the skin and the diaper can make your baby suffer from rashes. Make sure the baby doesn't rub against a diaper for too long; existing rashes can go worse in that case.
- You should never let your child remain in a dirty diaper for more than a while. A dirty diaper increases the risk of bacterial infections on your baby's bottom.
- Skin chafing could also be the reason behind diaper rashes.
- Yeast infections could surface in the form of rashes on a baby's bottom. Yeast or fungus is present in small amounts in every person's body. It can be easily developed in the moist yet warm atmosphere of a child's diaper. Being the mother, if you are on medications, your child's chances of contracting skin rashes is likely to be more. The side effects show in children as they are breastfed.
Ways to Treat Diaper Rash in Babies:
- Each time a diaper is changed; the area must be washed with lukewarm water and cleaned with a soft piece of cloth. The area should then be dried completely. It is best to avoid soaps as they can be harsh on sensitive skin.
- Applying ointments or petroleum jelly can soothe diaper rash. Powder can keep the area dry; it can also remedy itching.
- Feed your child liquids like cranberry juice; it makes his or her urine less concentrated. Concentrated urine can cause severe bacterial infection.
Related Tip: "Diaper Rash: 8 Questions Answered by Dermatologist"