Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vikas Kumar Agarwal
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Child Growth Management
Management of Postnatal Care
Submit a review for Dr. Vikas Kumar AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Are bananas, citrus foods, and watery fruits shld be given to kids have bronchitis n frequently cough cold Allergies.
Hello Dr, Actually my query is regarding to my son. Who is 1 year old. He is having Gas problem. He do not eat anything because of his less number of teeth. But he takes cow milk. But as per my observation, when he takes milk this problem increases. Kindly suggest what we can do so that his gas problem can be solved easily and he can continue with his milk properly? One more thing, he use to drink with his bottle. Is there anything which can help us to avoid feeding with bottle. Please provide your valuable inputs. Thanks and Regards
At 20 days of my son's birth we took echo test for my son. He have congenital supravalvular aortic stenosis (Mild 2.8 (33)). Now he is 8 months. On july 21 We took the same test. Now it is moderate (3.5 (15)). So we are consulting pediatric cardiologist. My doubt is when proper treatment is taken for this. If surgery needed wen it is to be done. After surgery Will he be completely alright or will consequences occur lifelong.
I have one year baby, but my baby has no improvement in weight gain, I'm so worry about my child, so pls suggest so prescription for my baby to gain weight, I hope I get a better idea to gain my babies weight.
I HAVE 12 DAY NEW BORN BABY BOY. SUFFERING FROM a rash – especially hives, ANUS AND NEARBY AREAS. CRYING CONTINUOUSLY TROUBLE IN SLEEPING PLEASE HELP.
I'm 27 years old female having a 7 year old boy who is still breastfeeding. I got a pain on my left breast at the side of the breast near the armpits for 2 days. Is it serious? Do I seek medical attention for this?
Sir my daughter age 6 years She is facing some time high fever ones time in every month. After taking medicine filling normal. What did I can do for she. I am fear to such type of moment. Please take me proper advice.
Movement disorders can trigger from various types of brain injuries, metabolic disturbances, inflammation, trauma, side effects of medication, genetic disorders, infections etc. The brain structures that get affected are believed to include the thalamus, brainstem, basal ganglia, cortex etc. Since all these structures function together, any abnormalities in any of the structures can compromise movement. For instance, a kid suffering from primary dystonia can lead a near normal life, if the condition is detected and treated early in life. However, on the other hand, if the same condition goes undetected it can cripple the child for the rest of his life.
Different types of moment disorder-
- Chorea: It results from a neurological injury. The movement of children suffering from this condition becomes irregular and dance-like. The child often becomes slow or more forceful in their movement. If the condition affects the legs, a kid can frequently stumble and face difficulty while walking. Sydenham chorea is a condition that is not very severe and is reversible with treatment.
- Tremor: It is a condition that is characterized by trembling or shaky movements. This often results from an underlying and undetected condition that may be genetic in nature or a side effect of other medications. A kid suffering from this condition faces difficulty in fine-tuning movements. Tremor may run in family e.g. essential tremors.
- Myoclonus: It a disorder that involves quick involuntary muscle jerks that a child fails to resist.The jerks can be frequent or occasional, there may or may not be a pattern involved to it. This condition has no long-term complication on a child’s health, but it is necessary to evaluate the type of myoclonus a child is suffering from and must be differentiated from myoclonic seizure.
- Dystonia: It causes the muscle groups to contract abnormally, due to faulty signals of the brain. Instead of a coordinated contraction of muscles, they can contract in opposition causing the push and the pull muscles to work together. This can cause uncomfortable and painful twisting of limbs.
- Tourette syndrome: It is involuntary in nature, where sudden sounds or movements that appear, vanishes over a prolonged time period. This condition is the advanced form of muscle tics. They can involve any part of the body and greatly varies in severity. Children can successfully suppress tics but over time they build a sense of wrongness while resisting it. Most tic disorders are reversible with the right treatment.
- Ataxia: It results from a failure of motor coordination of the cerebellum, due to an injury or dysfunction. This condition can have various patterns involved to it. While few types of ataxia can come and go due to a condition such as metabolic disorder, epilepsy, genetic mutation etc, some begin abruptly due to brain bleed or stroke.