Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Varun
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. VarunYour feedback matters!
I have scars in my face I use clinical name cream in my face now the colours of scars is very dark what should I do.
I'm 26 single. I have done sex with 2 persons without protection before 2 yrs. Now i'm in contact with a married person who have a 2 year baby without any protection. If I get married, will I suffer from any diseases (HIV).
In today's scenario, it's a general notion that people who eat oily and greasy foods are more likely to suffer from problems such as diabetes and obesity. And, use of oil in our daily routine is a necessity not only because of the flavor it adds but also due to the fact that they fulfill the requirement of essential fatty acids of our body. Thus, it is important that we must be very careful while selecting our cooking oil.
Considering our changing health requirements, a number of studies have been carried out over the past few years to determine, cooking oils that are better than others and one such oil is coconut oil. It is due to the presence of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) in coconut oil, which makes it better for consumption than a number of other cooking oils available in the market. Also, research has shown that instead of the regular vegetable oil (like sunflower and groundnut oil), switching to coconut oil can help in reducing the risk of diabetes.
Read on to know more about coconut oil, its benefits, and why it is less likely to cause diabetes when used as a cooking medium.
Coconut oil is extracted from coconut and people who are habituated to using a lot of coconut oil are relatively healthy. Take Keralites for instance, who are known for their lean frames, smooth and shiny complexion, and quality of hair and skin. Their diet contains a high amount of coconut oil, which is used in different ways, right from sautéing vegetables to deep-frying fishes. As, the coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides, is rich in antioxidants and contains lower amounts of saturated fat. In comparison to other vegetable oils, coconut oil is a complete contrast and is very healthy.
Difference between coconut and vegetable oils
- While vegetable oils contain long chain fatty acids, the coconut oil has medium chain fatty acids. The former gets stored as fat around our belly or buttocks. The latter, however, is used more readily for energy. The chance that coconut oil can get stored as fat is reduced and therefore the risk of diabetes decreases.
- Using vegetable oils also reduces the chance of binding with insulin which in turn can affect the glucose absorption of our body. It also helps in improving glucose tolerance, insulin secretion and insulin sensitivity.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids present in vegetable oil also promote the release of free radicals. These are the main drivers of chronic inflammation, of which diabetes is definitely a result. Thereby, switching to coconut oil will lower the chance of chronic inflammation, which in turn is helpful in reducing the risk of diabetes.
- Vegetable oils also increase insulin resistance, which means that the body’s sugar is not metabolized, and is eventually converted and stored as fat. Coconut oil, in addition to preventing storage, also improves the metabolism of these and so does not promote fat accumulation.
Coconut Oil – A superfood
- Coconut oil is a superfood which is known to provide instant energy without shooting up the blood sugar levels.
- It contains medium chain fatty acids that are instantly used up for energy which reduces the chance of these fatty acids being converted to fat.
- Use of coconut oil as the cooking medium is better for weight management.
- It is also beneficial for managing overall skin and hair issues.
- Also as mentioned above, the presence of medium-chain triglycerides in Coconut oil prevents the development of organisms causing atherosclerosis, which leads to artery blockage, unlike other fats or oils.
So, switch to coconut oil today and reap the benefits without any delay. In case of a concern or query consult an expert & get answers to questions!
I am losing hair quickly and have tried all types of shampoos but no effect yet. I am not sure what else can I do. Can please help me in this.
I am a 38 years old man, I have some black spots on my nose please tell me a permanent solution to clear it.
Hi, Please suggest There is so many pimples after I shaved my beard why it happening help me doctor.
Hello Sir/Madam, My mother (63 yrs) is a CKD patient undergoing Peritoneal Dialysis (3 exchange/day). She is having pain in her tooth, so, I took her to a Dentist. He prescribed her Cefdiel 300 (twice daily for 5 days) and Dolonex Rapid (20 mg) twice daily for 2 days. My question is, are these medicines safe for my mother?
I have a skin problem, there are several spots and I consulted to doctor before, he told me to use ketoconazole but when I stop that problem increases again, what should I do?
As the famous quote says, 'prevention is better than cure', let us take you through some preventive measures to keep you and your loved ones away from the dreadful brain stroke. Brain stroke occurs due to an interruption in the regular blood flow to the brain or bursting of a blood vessel or due to the bursting of blocked artery, which reduces the supply of oxygen and nutrients, leading the brain cells to die.
Top 8 things that will reduce the likelihood of having a brain stroke:
- Eat well: Having good eating habits are not just good for a healthy outlook of the body, but also benefits the body in many other ways. Eating a plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, fibre rich diet, reducing salt and fat content can prevent stroke.
- Stay Active: Regular exercising not just makes you feel and look good, but also reduces the odds of developing a brain stroke. Exercising regularly or keeping the physical activities regularly will keep you away from suffering a stroke. Pick any physical activity, but do work out to stay away from the brain stroke.
- Say no to Smoking and drugs: Yes! The more you smoke, the more are the chances of you of suffering the deadly brain stroke.
- Control your blood pressure: The ideal blood pressure for a healthy person is 120/88 mm HG. Regular check-up of blood pressure is advisable to control the chances of suffering a stroke as high blood pressure can result into damage of arteries, which causes brain stroke.
- Drink in limits: Limit the amount of alcohol you consume, as alcohol increases the blood pressure, which is one of the main reasons behind the stroke. The high amount of alcohol can increase the blood pressure to a higher level very quickly. Consulting a doctor is the best option in case you are not able to control your alcohol intake.
- Cholesterol: People suffering from high cholesterol are at higher risk of strokes as the cholesterol can travel to the arteries in the body making the arteries narrow and the body more prone to suffer a stroke. Choosing healthy lifestyle helps in reducing the cholesterol level.
- Diabetes: High level of diabetes is one of the most prominent reasons behind stroke. One should get his diabetes level checked and keep it under control since the arteries might get blocked because of fatty deposits because of higher sugar levels.
- Depression/Stress: Any kind of depression or stress, generally leads to avoidance of all or some of the points discussed above and hence becomes a reason for an unhealthy body, which is more prone to strokes. Consultation with a doctor and/or psychiatrist is advisable in case a person if suffering from depression.
Improving your health and taking charge of your life should be the top most priority and should never be ignored.