Find numerous Ophthalmologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Dark Circle
Treatment of Eye Pain
Treatment of Conjunctivitis
Treatment of Black eye
Treatment of Eye Itching
Treatment of Eye Infection
Treatment of Tearing Eyes
Treatment of Eye Burning
Treatment of Myopia
Treatment of Eye Allergy
Treatment of Poor Eye Sight
Management of Blindness
Treatment of Dry Eyes
Treatment of Cataract
Treatment of Squint
Treatment of Watery Eyes
Treatment Of Glaucoma
Submit a review for Dr. Vaishali K AnandYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old suffering from headache and also eye problem. please verify this report Va- (R) 6/6p (L) 6/6p Vr - (R) +0.25 / -0.50 × 64° (L) +0.25 / -0.75 × 86° O/ E (BE) vdut seg - WNL Conj - N A / C - ND P - NSRL fundus exam (BE) 0: 3 WNL.
Mere eye me problem has 1 2 mahine se. Najdik ki bastu saph najar aati hair par duri ka bastu dhundhla najar aata hai.
Sir I am 26 years old for a past 6 months I have some eye irritation on my right eye I went to hospital they said my right eye cornea is thin 50 % and shape is irregular Now they said that there is 2 methods first is strengthening cornea thickness 25000 rs 2nd is strengthening cornea + fix a ring inside to correct the irregular shape 1 lakhs it will increase the vision. Now my right eye vision is 3 point Now they send my eye graph details to abroad whether it is possible to fix a ring, its a reputed hospital. Coimbatore Sir kindly give a solution for my problem well the above methods are OK or there is any other methods.
Dear sir/madam mujhe laptop and mobile dekhne se ek aankh me dard or jalan ho jaati h bilkul naak k brabar me only left eye me hota h please consult me any medicine for my treatment please.
I am suffering from irritation in eyes because of changes in weather and eyes are getting red and paining please help me!
My father is suffering from glaucoma. Doctors done the operation after 6-7 days of operation the pain started again again doctors done the operation but after couple of days the pain broke out again. The doctors are saying there is no treatment for glaucoma is that true please suggest something sir.
When I read newspaper or use mobile letters not seen clearly when I rubbing eyes everything ok for some time.
I am 19 years old and I have myopia .i have -8 number of the left eye and -5 of the right . What should I do to reduce this number? Please help me.
I was worried about my eyes are well but in future I will eyes number I was protect my eye because I am more than 5 hour spent on computer how I will protect my eyes?
I have red eyes for the last 4 days. What should I do for this? What are the precautions for preventing our eyes from becoming red?
My wife have a major problem after the abnormal delivery at 6.5 months and child is dead & Her eyeside is not clean while eye is in 6/6 After check-up. And some test is available But no any issue in the report.
Myopia is a common refractive error of the eye that makes it difficult to focus on far away objects. People who are nearsighted will see objects close to them clearly, while those further away appear blurry. Myopia is natural. An overall longer shape of the eye usually causes myopia, so it is a naturally occurring visual problem that cannot be prevented. Nearsightedness tends to run in families, but you don't need to have a myopic parent to develop it. Myopia begins at an early age and worsens in the teenage years, but generally stabilizes in adulthood.
Here are the most common signs and symptoms of myopia:
- Objects far away, like a chalkboard or road signs, appear blurry
- Persistent need to squint or close eyelids to see clearly
- Headaches due to eyestrain
- Difficulty seeing while driving a vehicle, especially at night (night myopia)
- Need to sit closer to the television, movie screen or the front of the classroom
- Holding books very close while reading
- Not able to notice distant objects
Causes of Myopia
Nearsightedness happens when your eye is longer than normal, or, less often, when your cornea is too curved. It’s a problem in the focusing mechanism of the eyes. However, the exact cause of myopia is not known. Research about myopia supports two key risk factors:
- Family history. If one or both parents are nearsighted, the chance of their children developing it increases.
- Working up close. Myopia may be helped along by how a person uses their eyes. Intense detail work, long hours in front of a computer or reading can also increase the chances of developing myopia.
Treatment Options for Myopia (Nearsightedness)
When treating myopia, the goal is to help your eyes focus on far away objects. The most common way to achieve this is through
- Corrective glasses
- Contact lenses
- Refractive eye surgery, such as LASIK, is available for adults and those with moderate to high levels of nearsightedness
Adults who have developed cataracts may also have their myopia corrected with an intraocular lens (IOL) that replaces the human lens during cataract surgery. The most appropriate treatment depends on your eyes and your lifestyle. Nearsightedness can also be corrected as part of the cataract surgery procedure.
- Contacts and Glasses: Eyeglasses and contact lenses can correct myopia. However, they cannot stop the eye from growing longer or cure the irregular curve of the cornea that causes your blurry vision.
- Surgery: Surgery can decrease or eliminate dependency on eyeglasses and contact lenses. LASIK surgery is the most common type of surgery to correct myopia.
- ICL (intraocular collamer lenses) or phakic lensesIn adults with cataracts, is an option for those myopic patients who are not suitable for lasik surgery due to either less corneal thickness or very high myopia.
- Orthokeratology: A new type of treatment which offers an alternate solutions to people who are suffering from myopia. This is also known as Ortho-K. As a part of this procedure a person has to wear specialized lens overnight, to correct the vision for the next day. Orthokeratology is a process that uses specially designed GP contact lenses to temporarily reshape the contour of the cornea to reduce myopia (nearsightedness). In addition to the benefit of lens-free daytime vision, orthokeratology is starting to be appreciated for its ability to slow the progression of myopia. A number of published clinical studies have found that orthokeratology lens designs inhibit the growth of the eye's axial length, which determines the degree of myopia.
Hi docI m 30 years old I have problem in my left eye which have huge number what you recommend me to do?
I m highly myopic having peripaillary cnvm in right eye since 3 years. Condition is stable with 7 avastin injectiopns. I am attending for follow up for every 3 months. Will my condition improve by any kind of treatment or I will be with this fear that I may loose my vision one day and become blind ?
I feel always eye pain when I am working on computer. I wear lens on both eyes. But also sometimes coming headache problem.
I feel dizzy and nauseous every time. I had one violent attack of dizziness and nausea in September 2015 from then I think I have not restored my balance I have problem in standing straight before that I was very physically active person but from that attack my life is changed I just do very little physical work and they make me dizzy. The second attack came on June severe symptoms subsided. I am not able to understand what is wrong with me a slow dizziness 24*7 and a feeling of sinking like if I will close my eyes I will just collapsed. Due to d fear of being faint I am having panic attacks also if i'm at the public places ent person saw me and said nothing wrong with me saw a neurologist he said nothing wrong but still this dizziness. Now taking unani medicine doc said spondylitis but I think it's vertigo I so scared can I be treated my life has become hell.
Feeling like some external small particles inside left eye and it is disturbing lot. Cleaned my eye completely with water. I do not find anything inside my eye. please help.
Sir I wanna use contact lens, please tell me some points to remember before using it and which is best for me daily, monthly disposable lenses and what does it means.
Refraction is a test for eye examination, which measures prescription for eyeglasses or contact lenses for individuals. The test can be performed by either an ophthalmologist or optometrist or in layman terms, an eye doctor.
Procedure for the test
In this test, the individual sits on a chair, which has a special device attached to it, called the refractor or phoropter. The individual has to look through the device and properly focus on an eye chart which is exactly 6 meters or 20 feet away. This device has lenses of various strengths that can be moved into the individual’s view. The test is conducted on one eye at a time. The doctor will be asking the individual about the chart whether it appears clearer or less clear, thereby determining the refractory error of the eye.
No special preparation is required for this test and also this test does not cause any discomfort. The purpose of the test is to determine whether the individual has a need for glasses or contacts or not. In other words, it checks if the individual has a refractory error or not.
How can the results be inferred?
If the vision without glasses is normal, it means that the refractive index is zero and the vision should be 20/20. This means that one can read a one-centimeter letter at a distance of six meters.
If an individual has a refractive error, a combination of lenses will be required for a 20/20 vision. In case of a refractive error, there would be a prescription and that would have in it a series of numbers describing the power of the lens required to correct the vision.
Abnormal results can be due to the following reasons
- Myopia or near-sightedness (capability to see near objects clearly, but having difficulty in seeing objects far away)
- Hypermetropia or far-sightedness (capability to see far away objects clearly, but not the nearby objects)
- Astigmatism (blurred vision due to abnormally curved cornea)
- Presbyopia (inability to see nearby objects clearly, which usually occurs due to age)
Other reasons that cause abnormal results can be
- Macular degeneration causing loss of sharp vision
- Corneal infections or corneal ulcers
- Retinal detachment, which means separation of the retina from its supporting layers
- Retinitis pigmentosa or damage of the retina
- Blockage of a small artery carrying blood to the retina or retinal vessel occlusion
One should have an eye examination conducted every three to five years even if they suffer from no serious eye problem. However, after the age of 40, one should schedule eye appointments every year and have a test for refraction error of glaucoma conducted.