Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in NODIA and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Uday RanaYour feedback matters!
Pulled lower back muscle. Severe pain on getting up from sitting position. Almost negligible pain while sitting, lying flat on bed, bet getting up and putting weight forward, forward bending causes pain.
I am 22years male, I am having backpain issues from past 2 months. It is making office work really hard. What should I do?
My back bone is paining so I had get rid of it can you tell me how to over come this problem. please can you say anything.
Today my friend had periods She is suffering from back pain and stomach pain she is getting urine infection She vomited two times Please reply soon
Dear sir, I am 36 yr. Old and my both knees makes a clink or chat. chat sounds when I sit or bent it .what is that is this any kind of danger or symptoms for bone related.
Dear Sir I have been suffering from ankle feet pain in left leg since 2 month. The pain starts when I walk after sitting sometime. At start it pains high then comes down after 3-4 minute but little pain consistently remains. I am regular doing morning jogging around 2.5 km.
I am having pain in both my heels for the past few years. because of this my walking style has changed. Is there a permanent solution to this.
I am 60. No illness for past many yrs. Since few months my finger joint are paining severely. Early morning has cramp in my palms. Left is paining cannot lift up. Leg big toe joints are also paining but not severe. Please help. Thanks.
I am 22 year old and having a problem related to my knees, am not able to walk properly, every time when I put pressure on my knees so its paining like hell.
Sir I fell down from bike and there is swelling in my knee joint and pain what to do please tell me.
Could you please tell me how long it tool to cure Ankylosing Spondylitis or medicine need to continue? I am on medicine for last 5+ years.
I am 18 years old and I am suffering from pain in my left arm. I try some analgesic but it didn't work. So kindly suggest me the best treatment for this.
I am a 20 year old female. I have pain in back of my neck which has now started to radiate in my arm. I have consulted many doctors but got no relief. I am a bds student and have long lectures to attend. It becomes really uncomfortable for me to do patients abd sit for such long time due to pain. What should I do?
The various movements of the body are enabled by the way the bones work with each other and allow for various movements. You cannot perform a single movement without the coordination of the various joints and bones. It is also for the same reason that joint pains are so common. Accidents, sports injuries, play area injuries, and general ageing are some of the causes that can result in joint pain. There are definitely ways to treat them, but at the same time, preventing them also can be helpful. Read on to know some of the ways to prevent and manage joint pains.
Precautionary measure: For children, ensure they are playing under the supervision of an adult and are wearing sufficient protective gear in the form of helmets, wrist/elbow guards, etc. The same goes for athletes who are prone to injuries. It is always prudent to know your physical limits and not stretch your body constantly. This will go a long way in reducing injuries. Always keep a first-aid kit in your sports bag so that you can manage the pain at the earliest.
If prevention does not work, and injuries do happen, some of the ways to manage them are outlined below.
- Cryotherapy/ice therapy: By reducing the blood flow to the affected joint, ice helps in reducing the pain and swelling, which are usually the prominent symptoms of any joint injury. Using an ice pack for 15 to 20 minutes every hour is greatly useful in reducing the pain. This can be continued for the next few days until the pain stops. Avoid ice burns by not applying ice directly on the skin; instead, wrap it in a towel or a soft cotton cloth.
- Oil massages: Natural oils can be used to massage the affected joints which also greatly reduce pain. Oils which contain menthol or give a topical soothing effect are highly recommended. If you are unable to do it at home, seek professional help for the same.
- Hydrotherapy: Warm baths with salts added for extra benefit can provide soothing relief from joint pains. Try these before going to bed to also get good sleep.
- Herbal mixes: Tea bags and other herbal mixes can also be used to relieve joint pains. These may work for some and may not work for others. As these are external applications, you can give it a try.
- Immobilise the area: The affected joint should be immobilised completely or partially, depending on the extent of damage.
- Physiotherapy: While initially the joint needs to be rested, getting into a physical exercise routine with inputs from a physiotherapist is very essential to avoid long-term immobility.
- Medications: Non-steroidal pain killers are another proven method to manage joint pains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.