Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Taruna GirishYour feedback matters!
Pregnancy brings with it a new set of additional responsibilities. The mother has to be extra vigilant about monitoring and caring for her health. This ensures that sufficient nutrition is being provided to the growing infant, at the same time, ensuring no harm comes through you. Listed below are some simple ways to do the same.
- Prenatal care: As soon as you realize that you are pregnant, it is advisable to talk to a doctor or a midwife about proper prenatal care. This could include anything and everything from prenatal vitamins to food habits to exercise to sleeping habits to periodic scanning – the whole hog.
- Diet: You need to ensure two things: that you are eating enough for two people, and also that everything is healthy and not harmful for the little one that gets all its nutrition through you. The diet should be healthy, nutritious, wholesome, and of course free of junk. Some pointers to a healthy diet include:
- Include a good amount of fruits and vegetables every day; break it into five small portions.
- Sufficient amount of carbohydrates should be the basis of each meal.
- Whole grains are preferred to white grains, which also give good amount of fiber.
- A good amount of proteins including fish, eggs, meat, nuts, pulses, milk, and other dairy products.
- Ensure adequate amount of iron, calcium, and other minerals are included in the diet.
- Avoid eating non-pasteurized dairy products, uncooked or undercooked food, and smoked seafood.
- Folic acid is compulsory for the first trimester as it helps to protect your unborn baby from developing neural tube defects such as spina bifida. Also, it helps to prevent other birth defects, such as a cleft palate .
- Weight gain: If your weight was normal for your age and height before pregnancy, expect to add about 12 to 15 kg during your pregnancy. Consult with your doctor on weight changes and nutritional aspects to monitor weight throughout pregnancy. This could change based on if it is twins, your weight before pregnancy, and body type.
- Exercise: There are specific exercises designed to benefit the pregnant women. Whether it is walking or swimming aimed at improving overall health or Kegel exercises aimed at improving vaginal and perineal muscles, your doctor should be able to draw up a routine. Exercising while pregnancy is being increasingly encouraged for the following reasons:
- Improved energy levels
- Controls back pain
- Improved sleep pattern
- Improves constipation
- Improves muscles strength and endurance
- Lifestyle changes: With pregnancy setting in, it is time to bid goodbye to smoking and drinking alcohol. Continued smoking after onset of pregnancy has many serious complications, including growth retardation, low birth weight. Alcohol can lead to miscarriage, stillbirth, and premature delivery.
These are simple ways to monitor and care for your and of course, the baby’s health throughout pregnancy.
My wife is 3 month pregnant aur usse bahut taklif ho rhi h jaise pet mein dard and legs mein dard aur usse bhook bhi nhi lag rhi meine doctor ko bhi dikhaya par koi farq nhi pad rha please help me.
Hi. I have really severe stomach aches on the first day of my periods. Its been a year. What could it be. As there is notyn showing on the ultra sound. I am sometimes in real bad situation with pain. I cant be ok without taking painkillers. Like 2-3 on the first day.
Pregnancy is a normal life function that many women go through. Yet, this is a function or a part of life where one has to take special care of one’s health and condition as there are many biological changes that happen in one’s body. Swollen legs and ankles are a common part of one’s pregnancy. This condition is most commonly known as edema and it usually occurs when fluid collects in the tissue. This in turn happens when the blood chemistry changes and the fluid gets routed to the tissue. This is a common occurrence due to the hormonal changes that one goes through during pregnancy. The condition usually troubles pregnant ladies during their third trimester.
Read on to find out the various ways in which one can deal with it.
- When to consult a doctor: Consult a doctor or a midwife for a thorough check up if you happen to see any puffiness or swelling in your face and eyes. This could point at a more serious problem like the onset of preeclampsia. Also, if you happen to notice that one leg is more swollen than the other, then you may want to see a doctor about it, as it could mean that there is a blood clot in the leg.
- Put your feet up: This is especially important if you are at a desk all day. The best way to deal with such swelling is to put your feet up every once in a while, so that the swelling may reduce. You can use a foot stool or even a pile of books for this purpose.
- Breaks: If you are constantly sitting or lying down, it would be a good idea to give it a break and walk around a little so that there is better blood circulation. This also keeps the blood from pooling into the lower regions of the legs, which can prevent an increase in the swelling.
- Comfortable footwear: One should stick to flat and comfortable footwear with an even elevation as well as foam soles so that the comfort level while walking and standing is optimum. Choose your shoes so that they can accommodate your swelling instead of pinching your feet. Also, you can choose to wear snug socks and stockings, which will form a band around your feet. This will ensure that the swelling does not increase to a painful level. At the same time, you must avoid socks that have bands, which are too tight as this may lead to blood pooling and subsequent swelling in the legs and ankles.
- Water: Drinking plenty of water ensures that there is less fluid retention. This is one of the best ways of fighting edema whether or not you are pregnant.
I am worried that I may b pregnant. I took medron for 5 days to get my periods back I also have pcos .bt I had sex with my bf using condom then the next day I bleed .its my periods or pregnancy? please help .thank you doctor.
In my last scan Doctor found an ovarian cyst. But after using tablets, when I go to scan today, they told the cyst is removed and there is no problem. Now I want to conceive, is it the right time to conceive? Or any problem happened? Can I use any medicines?
I have white discharge for 8 years. Now I have burning symptoms in my vagina. I need solution for this problem.
I am a 21 year girl. Recently from 2 months i am not having my periods! infsct I had a sex I am sure nothing went wrong, I did a test also at home which showed negative! what should I do now ?
I had sex yesterday with my gf and she was in her first day of menstruation. Actually Yesterday We had sex two times but at the first I have a very early ejaculation that I could not even insert. It was an outside ejaculation and at the second time after 10 to 20 minutes I again inserted and within 2 to 3 minutes I again ejaculated but this time it was inside her vagina. The reason of asking question is to know whether is it safe sex for both of us? May she get pregnant? May I get infected? Is there any need of medicine for both of us? How will she early know before getting pregnant?
Me and my girlfriend got intimated almost 45 days ago. I discharged on her vagina, we did not had sex. We both are virgin. But she did not got periods till now. Is this a matter of worry? Is there any chances of her getting pregnant?
I am stressed. I had sex with my gf on the day after her periods. I came in her. Can she be pregnant?
I am two months pregnancy . I wants to know that what foods should be taken in this stage of pregnancy. For good and normal baby.
I used to have irregular menses. I did ultrasound n everything ws normal ovaries n all etc. I usd2 hv gap of 3 months n dn heavy bleeding for 11 days. Bt from january dis year m having regular mens continues upto 7 days n stops. Wl it affect my pregnancy? My mother usd2 hv like dis during her girl life bt aftr marriage mothers mens became regular. So cn it b genetic?
Respected Doctors, I took ipill and my period was 4-5 days early. Is that a big deal? He didn't ejaculate but I took it anyway after 20-30 mins. Just to make sure. Till now, 2 weeks have pass, I got my period, which was early and no cramps. The quantity is as usual so is the number of days. Are these the effect of the ipill? I have no signs of early pregnancy. But I'm gaining weight on my belly. And I can feel my heartbeat in my belly. Is it normal to gain weight only on belly, plus I'm farting after I feel some bubbles inside. I am 21 years old. I don't take breakfast, just heavy dinner and light lunch. Is that why I'm gaining?
For any advocate of a healthy diet plan, fruits shall always feature as the protagonist. Replete with essential body nutrients, fruits are indeed an important source of body fibers, essential salts and minerals. While the general assumption bids fresh fruits as the healthier alternative, dried fruits too have their fair share of health boosting properties.
However, before you can settle for one over the other, there are certain parameters that need to be inferred closely. It is only by comparing and contrasting the benefits derived from both fresh as well as dried fruits on basis of these heads that we can arrive at a given conclusion.
1. Nutrient density: Since fruits are by and large dense with health boosting components like nutrients, their calorie content on a relative scale is less. One advantage that fresh fruits have in this context is the water proportion in them. Due to the extraction of water from the dried fruits, calories get concentrated alongside the nutrients. This may prove disadvantageous for those trying to cut down the kilos. Fresh fruits on the other hand could benefit them as a sustainable source of energy.
2. Sugar content: When it comes to the density of glucose, fresh fruits and dried fruits, both are at par, essentially. At a given serving size, the sugar content of both varieties do not reflect much of a difference. Although the water content induces a sense of fullness and reduces the subsequent hunger pangs, consumption of fresh fruits also imparts volume.
3. Vitamins: Fresh fruits are extremely beneficial to deal with the problems of dehydration. They are laden with vital vitamins like A, B and C. Therefore, to beat the heat, nothing is as therapeutic as fresh fruits. Contrarily, dried fruits are deprived of their water content, which sometimes compromises their vitamin content since these vitamins are generally heat-sensitive. It also sucks out all of the folate in dried fruits. However, intake of apposite amounts can help in replenishing the vitamin levels that are obtained from the dried fruits.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.