Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Swati Attam
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Swati AttamYour feedback matters!
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just being followed for the sake of religious rituals, but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body, thereby, maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When one sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. For having food in this position a person has to bend while eating and has to move up and down while eating. When this happens, the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby, helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and Shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleep can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minute nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous phrase, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear Piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions, these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby"s ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching Feet of Elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched.
I have bilateral tubal block. Now I wan pregnancy then what are the home remedies for this. Pls help me.
My wife's period every month is not normal kabhi kabhi 4 -5 din pehle ho jaata hai .wo kam ek din bas wife age 31.
6 months ago, I had prolapse surgery which failed. Scheduled for more surgery on May 10. Rinsed off surgical area (with showerhead that had black mold. I didn't see the mold on the shower head until after I bathed. Washed and rinses the vaginal area again.
Are you gaining excessive amount of weight during your pregnancy, well you are not alone. Most of the pregnant women tend to be overweight or obese. You are viewed as overweight, if your pre-pregnancy body mass index (BMI) is approximately between twenty-five and twenty-nine. Your BMI is the relationship between your height and weight. You are considered obese, if your BMI is thirty or more.
However, here are some ways with which you can control the weight gain during pregnancy:
- Eat a solid, yet less-calorie diet: Utilize a convenient pregnancy food journal to ensure you are getting enough supplements and drinking a lot of water every day. The journal is additionally helpful for keeping track of your mood swings and appetite levels, so you can spot patterns you may need to change. Since you realize that you have to take after a particular eating regimen, the following are very solid for you:
- Crisp leafy foods
- Oats and bread made with whole grains
- Low-fat milk and dairy items
- Foods rich in folate such as strawberries, spinach and beans
- Unsaturated "good" fats such as olive oil, canola oil, and shelled nut oil
- Regular exercise: In case you are a relative newcomer to work out, you can start with pregnancy exercise for beginners. You can practice low-impact exercises; for example, walking, swimming and light heart stimulating exercises. Never begin an exercise without first talking with your medicinal services supplier or doctor. Furthermore, make sure to you adhere to the thirteen principles of safe pregnancy work out. A few women do get in shape during pregnancy in case that they roll out solid eating regimen and make way for life improvements, so make sure to check in with your specialist if this happens.
- Comprehend your calorie needs: As specified before, not all pregnant women have to put on equivalent measures of weight. Thus, you have to know precisely what number of calories you require. Talk with your specialist to get the correct number.
- Eat frequent, small meals: This is true when you need to deal with your weight, pregnant or not. Eating successive little dinners is particularly helpful when you are pregnant. Eating a full feast makes you wiped out.
- Taking prenatal pre-natal vitamins: This is something your specialist will recommend in any case. Yet, in case that you require an extra motivation to take your pre-birth vitamins consistent, then this is it. As you most likely are aware, your body needs additional food and nutrients during pregnancy. In case that you need to deal with your weight and take in the supplements without stacking yourself with calories, take your vitamins.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 27 year old female and have a baby 3 year old. My periods were regularized but nowadays they are not. I am feeling more sleepy and gaining weight. Please help me get my periods regularized. Before pregnancy I was 60 kg weight but now I am 85 kg,
Calories – A word you often come across when watching your weight. Counting calories is a healthy habit and quite the fashionable trend. Just knowing the word or counting calories will not help though. Here is some more information on how calories work. This will bring you a step closer to your health goal.
Calories - What are they?
Every living being requires energy to survive. Almost everything we eat, except water, provides us with calories. Every food contains some macro and micro nutrients, which, apart from providing calories, have an important role to play in our metabolism.
1 gm of carbohydrate = 4 calories
1 gm of fat = 9 calories
1 gm of protein = 4 calories
In terms of micro nutrients, vitamins, minerals, fiber and some plant chemicals do not supply calories.
Calories – How many do you need?
Calorie requirement of every individual is decided based on factors like height, age, weight, sex, the daily activity level and your body composition. The recommended average daily calorie intake is of 1940 calories for women and 2550 for men. Larger people with more muscle, need more calories. Calculate your basic calorie requirement.
Calories and weight loss?
For weight loss, it is essential to consume lesser calories and burn excess ones that are stored in the body as fat.
A] Consuming lesser calories – This can be done by keeping a track of calories you consume throughout the day. Simply substitute high calorie food (fried, otherwise fatty, sugar-laden food) with fiber-rich, low-calorie food (whole grain cereals, veggies, fruits, green leafy vegetables). High fiber food also helps you in cutting down on the quantity intake, leading to further calorie reduction. Subtracting 500 calories every day will lead to 500 gm weight loss per week. You may be interested in a sample 1200 calories indian diet plan for weight loss.
B] Burning excess calories – Increase your physical activity level by changing your lifestyle. Take up an exercise that suits your body and age. Exercise like jogging, running, walking, swimming, gymming and cycling will help in losing those extra calories.
What if I go on an extremely low calorie diet for speedy weight loss?
A very low calorie diet is the gateway to ill-health. It may give you great results in the beginning but, it ultimately leads to muscle loss, fat storage and a slower metabolism. In extreme cases it may also lead to gall stones and cardiac problems. Consuming a minimum of 1100 – 1200 calorie diet every day is the recommendation by medical authorities.
If you are already consuming only a 1200 calorie diet, do not reduce your calorie intake any further. Instead, try to burn around 300 calories through exercise or any sport. Get active by taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk from office to your home.
Is the source of the calorie important?
Well, a calorie is a calorie is a calorie, but the calories derived from protein and carbohydrates are considered to be healthier, as a more complex process is required in processing these calories which in turn increase your bmr.
These macro nutrients also have some very important roles to play in the body mechanism.
Fat provides more calories in comparison to carbs and protein. It is processed in a simple way, making your system sluggish. The excess calories are easily converted to fat and this results in weight gain. [you may be interested in reading our article butter vs margarine].
Calories remains a common factor of consideration in case of weight loss, weight gain and weight maintenance. It is all about how you apply the mechanics of calories.
1. Root vegetables
Local produce can be hard to find when cold weather inhibits crop growth. But root vegetables like beets, carrots and turnips can withstand the cold, so local farmers can provide fresh produce and you can reap the benefits. Roast carrots for a boost of beta-carotene, or boil turnips for vitamins c and a.
Oatmeal is much more than just a convenient breakfast food; it also provides nutrients that are essential during winter. Oatmeal is high in zinc (important for proper immune function) and soluble fiber (associated with heart health). Although instant oatmeal is more convenient, it is a bit more expensive. To eat healthy on a budget, go with old-fashioned oats.
Soup is winter's perfect food as long as you hold the cream, salt and beef. Look for soup recipes that call for chicken broth, vegetable broth or water as the base and include a lot of vegetables. Pair your soup with a side of 100 percent whole grain crackers for a dose of grains. Don't have any recipes handy? try cleveland clinic's tasty and healthy collard and lentil soup.
For a suprising alternative to typical comfort foods often loaded with fat and sugar try sushi. Choose rolls lined with tuna or salmon. Both are good sources of vitamin d. During the winter months, when you have limited exposure to the sun, food sources of the bone-healthy vitamin become even more essential. Vitamin d deficiency is associated with impaired growth, weakening of the bones and even the risk of heart disease.
Aside from getting the flu shot and washing your hands regularly, these cruciferous vegetables may be your top defense against winter sickness. Broccoli and cauliflower are both high in vitamin c, which is associated with enhanced immune function. If you can't find fresh versions, don't fret frozen broccoli and cauliflower are just as nutritious.