Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Surbhit ChoudhryYour feedback matters!
I first got headaches in the month of July and when it happened everyday I got my eyes checked. I found out I had weak eye muscles, and got prescribed for glasses. - 0.75 in each eye. The headaches disappeared for 2 weeks only to return again. I consulted my eye doc and he told me take painkillers thrice a day. I changed my doctor after that but he also told me that I had the same power and my headache could probably be caused by weak eye muscles. The headache still didn't go. Then I went to a new optometrist and got my eyes checked again. This time he prescribed me a power of -0.75 in left eye and -1 in right with a lil bit of cylindrical power. The headaches disappeared for about 2 weeks. But it's been 2-3 days now and I feel a slight headache these days. I have been working a lot on my laptop and my eyes started watering when a went to watch a 2.5 hr movie at the theatre. What's causing this? Help please I'm a student and I can barely concentrate on my work with these incessant headaches!
My age is 24. My work is of sitting on a computer for long hours like daily 12 hrs and from last few days I'm not able to sleep properly due to stress anxiety and little bit headache. Sometimes my eyes also get swelling on it. Please help.
I don't want to wear glasses so can I improve eyesight by any surgery and is there any risk for loosing eye vision please HELP.
My right eye bruised all of a sudden and I don't know how. It has been about 6 days now. What should I do?
I have severe headache from past 8 days. This month I was in a great stress. My eyes has itching and irritation.
My wife have pain around eye lid and itching sensation in eye lid. Can you please suggest medicine for this?
I am suffering from back pain. I have severe pain in joints. My eyes also pain I have lost my appetite. My knees pain. please help me by some suggestion Thanks.
An inflammation resulting in the formation of a thin layer inside the eyelids or the white part of the eyeball is known as pink eye or conjunctivitis. This condition turns the eye ball into pinkish color, hence the name. Based on the severity of the infection, either one or both eyes get affected.
What are the common symptoms?
- Medium to heavy swelling of the eye
- Eye crusting after sleep
- A burning sensation
- Irritation, itching or blurred vision
- Redness and increased sensitivity of the eye
Different kinds of conjunctivitis:
- Allergic Conjunctivitis: This is the type of conjunctivitis that results from eye irritants such as animal dander, dust particles and pollen. This is not infectious in nature. Treatment prescribed by ophthalmologist includes eye drops and non-steroidal medications. It is advised to keep the eye moist till it gets cured.
- Viral Conjunctivitis: As the name suggests, this kind of conjunctivitis is caused due to a viral attack. Sadly though, antibiotics don’t work and there is no particular medication for this type of conjunctivitis. Like common cold, viral conjunctivitis runs its course in a span of 1-2 weeks. Since virus is contagious, it is necessary to ensure that the microbes don’t spread. Some common prevention measures are listed below:
- Eye cosmetics should be abandoned till the conjunctivitis is cured
- Hands should be frequently cleaned
- Hand and eyes should not be in contact
- Frequent change of pillow covers, towels and clothes
- Swimming should be completely avoided
- Spectacles in place of lens should be used until advised otherwise by a medical practitioner
- Bacterial Conjunctivitis: This kind of conjunctivitis is caused by the streptococcal bacteria and has potential to cause real damage if proper medication is not taken on time. This is highly contagious. Prescription often includes antibiotic drop and ointments. The medication is prescribed for 2-3 weeks depending on the level of bacterial spread in the eye. It is very essential to complete the full course of medication to avoid recurrence. Prevention measures as stated above should be strictly followed.
- Chemical conjunctivitis: Eye irritants such as chlorine cause this conjunctivitis. Frequent swimmers often get affected by this type of eye infection. Topical steroids are prescribed to cure this kind of infection. Immediate medical attention is required to avoid lasting injury to the eye.
How to prevent pink eye?
While prevention is the best way to refrain from conjunctivitis, some basic hygiene checks are very important. Here is a list of must do’s:
- Do not share personal items such as combs, towels and toiletries.
- Stay away from a conjunctivitis infected patient
- Using of goggles while swimming
- Frequent usage of hand sanitizer and hand wash