Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sumit Makkad
Submit a review for Dr. Sumit MakkadYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Hii I am 22 years old I am suffering from mouth ulcers can I eat honey or not honey is heat for body or not please suggest me.
She has pain in her gums since last week, she take healthy diet regularly. What should be done to improve her condition?
Before 20 days my father eat some puffed rice when he got wound on his gum by a stick. He take capsule sporidex 500, 5 days, then metrogyl 400. 3 days and becosules z 6 days. But the wound not fully repaired. Now what can I do. Give me proper suggestion.
Gingivitis is a disorder, which is characterized by inflammation, swelling and irritation in the gums. Usually, the symptoms of this disorder are mild, so you might not pay much heed to them. However, if left untreated, this condition can result in other serious disorders, such as teeth loss and periodontitis. The primary cause of gingivitis is an improper oral hygiene.
The symptoms of gingivitis are:
- Red gums that bleed easily
- Swelling in the gums
- Tender gums that are receding
- You may have bad breath
- You may bleed from your gums during brushing and flossing
Causes: The most common cause of this disorder is bad oral hygiene, which facilitates the formation of plaque on your teeth. If the foods you eat contain excess sugar, the bacteria in your mouth may interact with them to produce acid (plaque) if you don't manage to maintain good oral habits. If not removed, the plaque can turn into tartar; plaque can be difficult to get rid of as tartar.
Treatment: The treatment for gingivitis usually begins with an initial evaluation and a professional cleaning to get rid of the tartar. You should use proper brushing and flossing techniques to prevent the recurrence of plaque. You should also follow up with the dentist on a regular basis for check-ups.
Scaling is the procedure by which the plaque from the teeth is removed. If the sources of problems are misaligned teeth and poorly fitted dentures, then these need to be fixed. There are certain home remedies for gingivitis such as:
- Use toothbrush that has soft bristles
- Visit a dentist for regular oral check- ups, it is very essential for the upkeep of sound oral health
- Regular flossing can help
- Use a non-alcoholic mouthwash which can help in removal of cavities and plaque to a certain extent, though not majorly
- Use fluoride based toothpaste to brush your teeth at least twice a day
- Clean your teeth regularly, avoid eating foods laden with sugar and eat plenty of vegetables