Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Silky J
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Silky JYour feedback matters!
My baby boy 28 days old has blocked nose issues. Giving him otrivin pediatric but no improvements. Kindly help.
My 1 year old son's right eye is red and swollen for 3 days now. Giving him tobra d and ciplox. No improvement. Please advise.?
Hello sir or madam my daughter felt from standing active and her head has some swelling bur now she has no swelling she had vomiting after 3 hours no blood in ear and nose have asked the some question like school name class teacher name tution madam name is there any serious issues BUT NOW IS 24 hours HAS COMPLETE SHE IS EATING WELL PLAYING WELL NO VOMITING IS TILL THE NOW I HAS ASKED ONY YEAR QUESTION SHE GAVE ME RIGHT answer NO PAIN BUT WHEN I PRESSED SHE HAVE SWELLING ONLY little BIT swelling IS THAT GUD ANY serious issue IS THERE.
My daughter is 3 years 4 month she is suffering from albumin, know her reports are normal, I want to know that this albumin will go away, can you suggest me it should not come again and again.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) report, out of 194 countries, India recorded the highest death rate of children below five years due to indoor and outdoor air pollution. This report also estimated that India has the second highest death rate overall due to air pollution, after Nigeria.
Another report, titled, "Air Pollution and Child Health", estimated that in 2016 approximately 100,000 children (below 5 years) died due to respiratory complications caused by outdoor and indoor air pollution.
According to WHO, about 98% of children below 5 years are exposed to PM 2.5 pollutants in India that exceed normal pollutant levels. These small particles are capable of entering the bloodstream and cause many acute lower respiratory diseases.
This study also estimated that high levels of Polycyclic Aromatic, Carcinogenic Compound and Hydrocarbons (PAHs) have been seen in the sample of women's breasts. This is one of the reasons behind pollutants entering bodies of lactating children.
Diseases Caused Among Children Due to Air Pollution
The report also stated that most of the children who are exposed to these pollutants have respiratory diseases like Leukaemia, Retinoblastoma, Otitis Media, Asthma, Nutritional Deficiency, Vitamin D Deficiency, etc. WHO reports have also established that exposure to these pollutants can lead to many behavioural disorders such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, autism spectrum disorder, insulin resistance, and obesity.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Children who are continuously exposed to air pollutants are at risk of deficiency of Vitamin D. Deficiency of Vitamin D caused many diseases and lower the nutritional level of the body.
- Weak Immune System: Exposure to pollutants can even affect the immune system. High pollutants can alter the ability of the Immune System and lead to disturbance in the Hormonal System.
- Asthma: One of the main problems that occur in adults as well as children due to pollution is Asthma. It lowers the breathing rate of children.
- Pneumonia: Inhaling air with pollutants can block the nasal passage and cause Pneumonia.
- Leukaemia and Retinoblastoma: Exposing a high concentration of pollutants may also lead to many serious issues like Leukaemia (Blood Cancer) or Retinoblastoma (Eye Cancer).
- Lung and Brain Development: Weak immune systems and nutritional deficiencies can also affect the development of organs like Lung and Brain. High pollutant concentration in bloodstream may destroy nerve cells and lead to many behavioural disorders.
How to Protect Children from Air Pollution?
There are many ways to protect children from air pollution. It is also very important to protect the mother if the child is infant.
Some of the air pollution prevention methods are listed below:
- Less use of vehicles. Prefer walking or cycling
- Maximize the use of renewable energy
- Grow plants in houses and surroundings
- Use protection mask while stepping out of the house
- Keep the environment neat and clean
- Routine checkup of lactating mother and child
- Reduce the usage of plastics
- Stop stubble and garbage burning
It's a major cause of concern that India has recorded the highest number of child deaths due to pollution in 2016. We need to come together as a country and start following sustainable practices so as to reduce this menace of pollution and provide a healthy environment for our children.
Any Formula milk powder for preterm baby which is easily digestible from 0-6 months baby and not harmful if given in case of emergency if baby is not stopping crying after a long feed also.
My son is nt drinking milk properly and crying a lot when I try to breast feed him, what to do please help. I used to give formula too, nw he drunks tat but nt from me, he shall I over come this issue.
Hi doctor I have my daughter age of 1 year hold baby she was got eye surgery in 6 months back for issue with eye cataract buildup. Now doctors said now baby 100% ok with vision. So now baby what ware tha glass for future vision So my questions is how 1 year baby how to maintain tha eye glass for ware please give me suggestions.
My son is 9 years old who is always tearing something with his fingers. Tearing the papers. Let me know the reason. Please let me know the normal height and weight for a boy of 9 years old.
At a young age, it is fairly common to be afraid of math. The rational nature of numbers, multiplication tables, addition, subtraction and all that in between can admittedly be a tough thing to get on with at a tender age. But in most of the cases, this difficulty tends to improve as one attains maturity. This can be attributed to a growing familiarity with the subject and a subsequent change in the way of understanding certain things. But if your child suffers from a problem with understanding math even at a grown age, chances are he/she might be suffering from Dyscalculia- a special type of learning disorder that is characterized by a person’s inability to grasp the concepts of math or the very concept of numbers itself.
Dyscalculia generally occurs due to genetic factors. However, it is also possible to encounter this disorder if your child had suffered from significant brain injury in the past or have problems with remembering things. It is also possible to have this disorder, if your child is already suffering from Dyslexia ( a learning disorder which makes your child unable to read or understand written words).
The symptoms of Dyscalculia are as follows:
- Inability to recognize numbers and significant trouble while counting.
- Significant problems while performing basic additions, subtractions or divisions.
- Facing problems with how to use money or telling time.
- The problem with memorizing mathematical formulae or tables.
- Your child might be unable to discern exactly how to approach a math problem.
- Your child will be increasingly reluctant to go to a math class or feel tensed before math examinations.
- Inability to understand the basic functionality of numbers.
It is extremely important to remember that having this disorder does not necessarily mean your child has a bad academic record on the whole. Since this disorder can cause significant problems in the future for your child in terms of dealing with things in the real world, you should be extremely sensitive regarding its treatment.
The treatment of Dyscalculia might include:
- You should encourage your child more and more if they tend to get immensely frustrated with their math problems. If possible, try to help your child with his/ her homework.
- Strike a healthy relationship with your child. Make him realize that not being able to grasp the concept of numbers is not the end of the world. Explore his other skills. That might boost his lost confidence and might encourage him to approach math in a more efficient manner.
- You should try to make your child learn how to tell time or use money with little home exercises. If possible, try to make him learn the basic of math with daily activities like counting the number of flowers while walking down the streets.
- You must consult a specialist who will make your child learn numbers by following different modes other than writing. For example, the specialist might read a math problem to your child in order to make him understand the problem.