Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Malnutrition
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue
Submit a review for Dt. Shweta SharmaYour feedback matters!
Hi..I am Neha Gandhi ..today I meet Dr for weight loss diet plan...she discuss about my life style my food habits then she suggest diet plan...there is no starvation in her diet...it is a costomised diet....I like her behaviour.. Thanks to dt shweta Sharma
Hi.I am jaideep ghosh...I reduced about 9 KGS in two months. Easy to follow diet plans,customised for my work and travel schedule. Weekly checkup and adjustment in diet plans was also helped. Very good experience with dr Shweta Sharma
I am 17 years I have problem of frequently falling and some times heavy breathing and not having weight gain and can't survive in at hot places.
I am overweight and also have pcod and thyroid because of which losing weight is becoming difficult. Any advice on what could be done to lose weight and eradicate pcod?
Hello Doctors I Am A 17 Years Male Having 35 inches Chest and 58 kg body weight How can I make muscles with ashwagandha Powder I Regularly Do Dumbbell Exercises. I want To make chest and Arm muscles Please Let me know About what homemade supplements should I take.
With Navratri around the corner, all women are stressed to look good and slim. Efforts to reduce weight and look slim and great during the festivities starts well in advance. However, there are two concerns around fasting and feasting. Feasting because there is a lot of energy required to enjoy the fun and celebrations associated with the Navratri festival. Fasting because it negates all the efforts you have put in to reduce weight. Let us look at some of the ways to fast during Navratri, which can also help you feast less and so not add back the lost kilos.
Different people follow different rules during this fasting and there is hardly anyone who does not eat anything at all. So, make sure you follow the below points to have a healthy and happy festival.
- Drink as much water as possible. Indulge yourself in skim milk, fresh fruit juices, and milkshakes as they provide the required nutrition and energy and also helps in flushing out toxins.
- Coconut water, lime juice, herbal teas can be consumed with no limits. Soups of pumpkin or bottle gourd are also healthy options.
- Staying on an empty stomach can lead to acidity, so eat dry fruits, seeds, and nuts every 2 to 3 hours as they will provide energy and help in controlling hunger pangs.
- Sabudana is allowed in most people’s fasting and is a great energy booster as it is a rich source of carbohydrates. So go for the healthier options of khichdi or kheer than the oily tikkis or papad.
- Yoghurt or raita is another refreshing item that can help you with energy
- Fruit flavoured yoghurt or curd can be a good substitute for kheer which is loaded with calories from sugar and milk.
- Milk is another healthy food to indulge in. Try skimmed milk instead of whole milk to reduce calories.
- Fruit salad sprinkled with rock salt boosts metabolism with all the natural sugars in it. The rock salt is rich in potassium and helps digestion and reduces acidity.
- New methods of cooking like baking, grilling or steaming should be adopted instead of the regular frying, it will help you control weight and stay fit.
- Try boiling potatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkins and eat them with minimal spices like pepper and black salt.
- Paneer or cottage cheese is loaded with protein and calcium and can be used in many delicious dishes.
- Use a low-calorie sweetener instead of the regular sugar to keep away the calories.
Make sure you do not starve yourself, but find healthy, nutritious things to eat within the range of your permitted foods. This will help you enjoy the celebrations, which is the most important aspect of the festival. Having someone fast along with you helps you follow this routine better.
Is it possible to have head spinning and loss of balance during walking due to blood pressure up and down at 22 years of age. I do not drink, smoke or do not take any drugs. Pls answer.
Cervical spondylosis is fast becoming the bane of modern life. An age-related wear and tear problem affecting the spinal discs in your neck, cervical spondylosis is increasingly affecting the young because of the use of cell phones, laptops and the like.
Cervical spondylosis is a general term used to define shrinkage of disc in between vertebrae in the neck region. Along with disc degeneration, bony projections also form in the area and are called bone spurs.
Other causes of cervical spondylosis are dehydrated discs. Discs are thick, pad-like cushions in between vertebrae that act as shock absorbers. They are made of a gel- like material that can dry over time. This causes the spinal vertebrae to rub together causing pain. The discs also crack which allows the internal gel-like material to spill out and impinge on spinal nerves causing symptoms.
There is a narrowing of the space required by the spinal cord and nerves that emanate in the upper spine to go to various parts of the body. Pinching of these nerves can cause alarming symptoms like
- Numbness and weakness in your arms, hands, legs and feet
- Lack of coordination and difficulty in walking
- Loss of bladder or bowel movement
- Stiffness and pain in neck
Treatment and management
Usually, cervical spondylosis doesn’t cause any symptoms. But when you start experiencing pain, stiffness and weakness of muscles, it’s best to go to a doctor who will diagnose the problem and then treat it.
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of your symptoms. Its goal is to get rid of pain, allow you to carry on your daily activities and prevent any permanent damage to your spinal cord and nerves.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs are prescribed to reduce pain and inflammation. Example Ibuprofen.
- Corticosteroids are oral medications to get rid of the severe pain. If these don’t work, your doctor can suggest steroid injections.
- Muscle relaxants medicines relax the muscles in the upper part of the spine and help in curing neck pain and stiffness
- Anti-seizure medications are also prescribed to dull the pain of damaged nerves in the spine. These include epilepsy medications, such as gabapentin and pregabalin.
- Non surgical treatments are usually very effective in treating cervical spondylosis and surgery is usually not required. Physiotherapy is a bulwark for patients as it helps manage the condition very well.
- Neck exercises that help stretch and strengthen muscles in your neck and shoulders can help manage debilitating symptoms of cervical spondylosis.
- Few patients also benefit from traction, which can help provide more space for nerve roots within the spine.
- Surgery is the last resort for treating cervical spondylosis.
- It is suggested when non-surgical treatments fail and the pain and neurological signs such as weakness in your arms or legs get worse.
- It is done to create more room for your spinal cord and nerve roots.
Cervical spondylosis surgery typically involves removing: