Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shweta Sapra
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta SapraYour feedback matters!
I am 18 years old and I was suffering from teeth ache for last two months and I take medicine but it does not relief me what I have to do to got relief from the pain.
My Friend is suffering from toothache, when he take some cold items severe pain occur in his teeth? Advice what he should do?
All that a Mom should know about oral health care to maintain her baby’s set of Pearly Whites:
Right time to begin brushing baby’s teeth – as soon as the 1st tooth erupts.
- After feeding use a damp gauze or cloth gently wipe the mouth of any residue left behind.
- Use either an over finger brush or a soft bristled brush for infants to clean the teeth.
- Initially use a wet toothbrush and slowly move to kid’s toothpaste.
Choosing a toothpaste for kids –
- Now a days fluoridated toothpaste for kids in very small quantity i.e rice grain sized is recommended.
- Watermelon / bubblegum/ strawberry flavours can increase the kid’s interest towards brushing.
Brushing technique –
- Teach your kids to brush using a small circular motion. Brush twice daily. Make it a game or sing a song to encourage brushing.
- Toothbrushes are now available with music or lights or cartoon figures to make brushing more fun.
Tips to maintaine good oral hygiene –
- Apart from brushing it is important to cleanse the mouth in between the meals.
- Do not put infants to sleep with milk formula or juice as sugary liquids cling to teeth and cause decay.
- Avoid pacifiers as they change the shape of the mouth and cause improperly placed teeth.
- After giving medicine or eating sweet like chocolates, ice-cream encourage kids to wash mouth with water and clean with a damp cloth for infants.
- Get fluoride treatment done every 6 months from dentist for prevention of caries.
Milk teeth are very important -
- For maintaining the oral health.
- Also to determine the shape of mouth and alignment of permanent teeth.
Hello Doctor, My mother is having mouth ulcers from last 2 months. We got it checked from homeopathic doctor and he said It's due to thyroid my mother has But My mother is taking medicines of thyroid still she is suffering from mouth ulcers and the pain when she eats something covers all the chest area like chest irritation. I am really worried so please give me a best solution.
Dental fluorosis is characterized by white patches on the teeth, caused due to excess fluoride ingestion during enamel formation. This condition is commonly observed in children aged between 3 months to 8 years. It occurs in the early stages of life when teeth are just beginning to form.
What are the causes for dental fluorosis?
Dental fluorosis results from over exposure to fluoride during the early stage of tooth development. Excessive consumption of fluoride causes damage to the enamel cells, which in turn leads to mineralization disorder. The major sources of fluoride are-
- Drinking water that contains high level of fluoride
- Baby food, cookies that contain fluoride
- Certain medications prescribed to children for improving teeth strength, that contain high amount of fluoride
- Toothpastes containing excess amount of fluoride
If the level of fluoride exceeds the recommended range, then your teeth may develop white, yellow or dark brown patches/stains on the surface.
How can dental fluorosis be prevented?
Dental fluorosis is extremely common. With proper preemptive measures and parental guidance, this onset of this condition can be prevented.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of toothpaste when brushing your teeth
- Brushing your teeth several times a day can increase the risk of consuming excessive fluoride. So make sure you don’t end up brushing your teeth more than twice a day.
- Children are advised to brush their teeth under the supervision of an elder. So that the child does not end up swallowing the toothpaste.
- Avoid intake of fluoride supplements, unless prescribed by your doctor. Even if your child is advised to take these supplements, the dosage should not exceed the level that’s been prescribed.
What is the treatment for dental fluorosis?
Although mild dental fluorosis does not always need the patient to undergo treatment, it may affect the back of your teeth and cause discoloration of tooth. In such cases, the doctor can perform the following techniques-
- Tooth whitening- this technique is used to remove unsightly, unpleasant stains and whiten your tooth
- Bonding- the affected tooth is coated with a hard resin which bonds with the enamel
- Veneers- these are custom-made shells which cover your teeth at the front and improve their appearance. Veneers are used in case of severe dental fluorosis.
Dental fluorosis is not a disease. It is a dental condition which can be prevented, and treated if necessary. Follow the above guidelines to avoid fluorosis.
I have a problem of bruxism. Every time when I wake up in the morning it's very painful in my jaw. Can it be because of stress. If yes, then suggest and help.
What is All-On-6?
Six implants placed in a completely teeth-less jaw, providing a secure and optimal support for a fixed bridge/denture. It is the most Comprehensive, Successful, Safe, Simpler, for completely missing teeth.
* Using Nobel Biocare (Sweden) / Alphadent (Netherlands) Implants with Life Time Warranty (Scientifically documented over a decade).
** Upto 14 fixed metal free Zirconium ceramic teeth per jaw.
*** If more than 35N torque achieved on placement of implants.
Phases of All-on-6 Dental Implant Procedure
The entire process of treatment includes two phases. However, after your first visit, your ugly, broken teeth will be gone, you will have your implants in place, and you will leave smiling with a beautiful temporary set of teeth.
– Diagnosis and planning with panoramic x-rays/ CBCT scans – Necessary health checks. – Tooth extraction (if required) and dental implant placement, followed by immediate provisional denture (fixed).
The temporary bridge is replaced with the final full mouth metal free Zirconium crown and Bridge.
Benefits of All-on-6 Immediate Function Dental Implants
Suitable for almost all bone quantities.
None or very small bone graft required.
Simple and good predictability from a surgical perspective
Well-balanced prosthetic support for an immediate function procedure
Attractive prosthetic solution, Immediate Function & fixed prosthesis
No healing time required prior to functioning
Fast , fixed and cost effective.