Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Unani Specialists in India. You will find Unani Specialists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Unani Specialists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shivashish
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Gestational Diabetes Management
Treatment of Mellitus
Submit a review for Dr. ShivashishYour feedback matters!
Obesity is rapidly evolving as a public health issue for our country and as educated people we are responsible in contributing to the ever increasing problem. So what is there that leads to weight gain despite our all effort? The simplest answer is ignorance! Most of the person who are trying hard to curb on weight gain do not succeed in doing so due to inadequate and poor gathered information. Remaining hungry is not the solution for weight loss and we need to inculcate good habits in ourselves smartly to sustain it for long time, else you will loose kilos in few months and regain much more than that .This cycle would continue until we understand the basic of healthy eating.
So the important aspect is to make consistent and slow changes in our lifestyle to sustain ideal weight.
There are few bad habits to watch for:
- Fizzy drinks: Most of fizzy drinks are full of calories and they go down easy the throat. But before we realize we make our system take in loads of calories. Try to restrict on your soft drinks and prefer other beverages like lemon juice and coconut water, both of which can be refreshing with minimal calories.
- TV watching: Eating while watching TV is something which is a very prominent cause of gaining fat. Usually while on screen we tend to forget how much we have taken in and most of time we realize this when a packet full of chips becomes empty!!
- Lack of sleep: It has been shown that due to lack of sleep our hormone cycle gets disturbed and the cortisol levels change, leading to weight gain. Second if we remain awake for long time we tend to eat more , there by gaining extra calories.
- Shopping when hungry: Research has shown that when we buy our grocery when we are hungry, you tend to buy things which are easy to grab and are high in calorie dense. Hence always have a healthy food before you go for shopping.
- Desserts: Eating something after main course often leads to high calorie food intake like ice cream, sweets. So instead of these, try to take simple deserts like lemon water, or something non caloric. Best is to avoid it completely.
- Time of meal: Most of the time we try to postpone or skip our meal, ultimately this leads to severe hunger, making us eat whatever we can grab immediately. Most of the time this is high caloric fast food. Always plan your meals and carry healthy food items with you like fruits, sandwiches.
- Fat free/ sugar free food: Fat free or sugar free foods are not calorie free food items. We should always look for the portion size and amount of calorie we are going to have.
- Lack of exercise: Not taking time out for your regular exercise makes you gain weight and also makes you lazy.
- Going out to eat: Frequent outings leads to increase in the consumption of food high in calorie, sugar and salt, leading to weight gain. Restrict your outings to not more than once or twice a month.
- Dehydration: Drink lots of water, so that you keep on flushing out harmful toxins.
So to avoid being obese eat healthy and exercise regularly.
I want to grow up my muscles so tell me that what I have to do for it. I don't know any thing about it. So, please help me.
I take birth control pill last 2 year now I gain weight please tell that is because of birth control pill.
Top 5 low cost indian superfoods
1. Black salt: Ever thought of consuming the equal amount of antioxidants present in boiled eggs but without the heaviness? black salt is best known to have similar amounts of sulfur as in hard boiled egg yolks. Packed with nutrients and minerals, this magical superfood powder is a healthier substitute of common table salt.
2. Seasame seeds or (til): Sesame seeds are a great source of high quality protein (with around 4.7grams of protein per ounce), this super-food has several health benefits like preventing diabetes, reducing blood pressure and abating the cholesterol levels. Loaded with optimum zinc content which helps produce collagen, sesame seeds tone up your skin and enhance its elasticity.
Food tip: Sprinkle some on your favorite salads and veggies. Enjoy!
3. Coconut: Coconut is a great source to include good fats in your diet to build your digestive system and emulsify the digestive tract with zero cholesterol. It can be used in a decent amount as a cooking medium or consumed fresh.
Not only it’s proven to improve the hair and skin quality, but it also helps in thinning the waistline.
Coconut water is super-hydrating, low caloric, and filling, which makes it a wonderful summer drink.
Food tip: Do not stop consuming coconut chutneys with your healthy homemade dosas.
4. Tamarind (imli): Tamarind is a favorite ad hoc for medical researchers because of its various health benefits like dissolving kidney stones, curing malaria and blood purification. Full of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, this super-fruit helps in digestion. Recently, it is getting quite popular among the beauty experts for its cleansing and toning properties for a healthier skin.
It is best known as a high source of potassium and for keeping cholesterol levels in check.
Food tip: Use tamarind paste to add flavors to your boring food.
5. Sugarcane–the real detox: Celebrity nutritionist rujuta diwekar says, sugarcane helps in rejuvenating the master detox organ, liver, thus it is referred as a power detox drink. Its efficiency to cure jaundice is well acclaimed since ages.
Food tip: Sugarcane supper
Sugarcane cooked with pulses serves as one complete meal keeping your hunger at bay for hours.
It is quite confusing why people drain their pockets off on foreign ‘health foods’ when their indian kitchen is loaded with many hidden gems. Ditching indian foods and getting attracted to expensive hybrid cultured food is not a matter of pride and conscience but a phenomena of pseudo wits.
Pro tip: Sometimes following a complete detox diet is not possible but it can be done on a daily basis via a pinch of turmeric with warm water in the morning. People keep on searching for gluten free foods while remaining unaware that the mighty ghee is a bliss and absolutely gluten free.
So why not turn desi and go for our super grandmom’s super nuskhe? try including these indian superfoods in your health spree and relish the benefits!