Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjeev KalraYour feedback matters!
Now there is an irony. Can eating help you lose weight? Yes, it can, if you choose to eat the right thing. A lot of people think this 'right thing' to be bland, tasteless food or food eaten in very small quantities. It is the time we change the myth on it. There are plenty of diets out there that can help you lose weight but doing this without losing your nutrition, energy or mind requires that you choose the right superfoods as your ally. Allies who once come to your territory, stay loyal to their cause without compromising on your tastes. Take a look:
1. Water: OK. It doesn't count as food but it is a definite ally in your weight loss. Including 10 glasses of water in your daily diet is a great way to start. Drinking water before and after food with a gap time in between is said to be one of the classic weight loss formulas of all time. (Water half an hour before / after breakfast or 1 hour before / after meal but not even a drop in between)
2. Black beans: High in protein and fiber, this superfood will keep you full longer. It can be cooked in a variety of ways to suit local tastes and goes great with any accompaniment like brown bread. It comes as a plus that they aren't very expensive so you can stock on them easily. Crete a beans curry that can be easily topped with some onion and is good to go
3. Trick your taste buds: As such, pureed vegetables may not sound like a highly appetizing option. But add it to a dish you love like pasta or mac and cheese and it'll get gobbled without anyone knowing.
4. Fight belly fat with avocados: That stubborn belly fat is one mean thing to handle. Thankfully, you can now throw some avocados with your breakfast. The mono-saturated fatty acids in Avocados help lessen the belly fat while adding taste to the food.
5. Store some hummus: Old habits die hard. And midnight snacking is one of them. And as much as you cut and store celery sticks attractively, the hand automatically veers towards an unhealthy option unless, of course, you have some hummus handy. The tasty texture of this dish makes it an easy dip or spread making it a ready to eat homemade healthy snack option that doesn't pile on the pounds.
6. Apple cider vinegar: The qualities of this sour drink has almost elevated it to the position of a magical portion. From hair care to weight loss it helps in keeping you fit from inside out. Having two spoons of apple cider vinegar early morning on empty stomach with lukewarm water and there after having it 10 mins before your meal is said to help you lose weight. If the taste is not for you, there are ACV pills available in the market too.
If you are looking for a healthy non-diet option to lose weight and keep it off consult a doctor today.
Related Tip: Why Cleaning Your Fridge Will Make You Healthy?
Dear doctors, over thinking and confusion are also called stress? Is Over thinking or confusion also called stress?
I'm suffering from fever & headaches and pain in my whole body what I should do to get well soon I had taken many medicine also but till now I am not feeling well.
My gums are getting pulpy. And its also blooding when I eat meat and hot beverage. And also my teeth layer got yellow from lower side. Please help me.
Hello sir, I am avinash. I want to know the reason of my health that means I am too skinny. How can I be a healthy guy. I also eat well not less not more and 3-4 times a day. But after all these I am not getting healthy. Please sir answer my question. I will wait. Thank you.
I am 30 year male, I had H1S1 (Herpes Simplex) in Oct 2015. It started with gum swelling right behind my front tooth followed by fever and finally entire mouth got badly infected with 4 prominent sores on lips. Initially doctor thought it is local allergy but when it worsened he prescribed Ocuvir 800 (thrice a day). Slowly things improved, sores and everything went away except the swelling behind the gums from where everything started. It reduced but didn't go away completely. I had read on internet that the H1S1 virus would never go and will come back again and again but with lower intensity. I asked my doc will it come back he said it won't and assured me it is nothing to worry about. He also checked my recent blood report and said I am perfectly normal nothing to worry about. BUT after one and half year I am concerned about following - 1. After first instance in Oct 15, it has returned at least for 5-6 times. Very mild in nature compared to first time. Now it starts from one of the four sores I had on lips. I always take Ocuvir 400 myself, as I see the symptoms and it gradually goes away. Is that right? 2. The swelling behind gums is there since Oct 15. It has never gone. I feel it softens or increases. 3. Should I visit a dentist and get mouth cleaned? Or any other suggestion. 4. Is there a way I can get rid of this forever? Open to nature/homeopathy, Ayurveda as well. Please Suggest! Thanks in advance.
I have been prescribed xenical 120 mg by my endocrinologist but my period is irregular from last month. Is there a relation between xenical and irregular period. I have also been diagnosed with pcod. Kindly help.
I am 24 year height 163 cm and weight 55 kg, I want increase my body weight and height so please suggest me.
I need to weight loos could you give me the suggestions my stomach nd waist size big I need to decrease.
My cousin is 26 years old. His hemoglobin level is 20. The level of iron, protein are also high. And he has fatty liver. His eating habit include maximum of non vegetarian foods and alcohol too. Pls suggest me a diet for him to bring these levels to normal.
I have period problems that it is not bleeding properly. Slightly it is happening. Please advise what to do.
Hi. I'm 23 My teeth are loosing their whiteness it's getting pale and now now I'm having sensitivity issue whether I drink or eat both hot and cold it pains a bit. Can you suggest me to make my teeth white back again with no sensitivity problem?
Hi I'm a guy and i've been in love with another guy friend who's also my roommate and we did make out in bed but now he has started avoiding me and it feels pathetic to let him go. I'm feeling so devastated. I'm feeling like quitting my life.
I am very fat and I want to loose my weight. I am fully disappointed with my personality. Please help me what should I do to get loose weight. What diet I should take?
I am an MBBS graduate, 23 years old. I have been noticing abnormal hair growth around the areola (these hair are thick and long), below the umbilicus, medial aspect of thighs, legs and toes and under the chin. My menstrual cycles have been regular .its only the last menstruation was delayed by 7 days. Got a hormonal profile done which revealed normalcy. The doctor prescribed tab. krimson for 6 months. Should I take it?
A lot of diets claim to help ‘boost’ metabolism – but can you really do anything to help your body burn calories faster?
Let us understand a little about how your metabolism works. The metabolic process involves a complex network of hormones and enzymes that not only convert food into fuel, but also affect how efficiently you burn that fuel. How fast you burn calories is influenced by your age ; your gender and proportion of lean body mass . So some people have high metabolic rate as compared to others.
Even though you are not born with “skinny genes” , you can still speed up your metabolism i.e. increase your body’s ability to burn calories faster.
Exercise. Working out builds muscle. Muscle speeds metabolism. As the body works more efficiently, it processes food faster.
Besides exercise there are other things which boost up your metabolim.
- Spices: Research has found red peppers can rev up your metabolism, while also helping you feel full. Hot sauce, hot peppers, ginger, cloves, cayenne, coriander, bay leaves, and dry mustard share this capacity to boost metabolism.
2. Caffeinate: Coffee, tea, or other caffeinated (but low or no-calorie) beverages may also help burn calories faster. In fact, caffeine may boost your metabolic rate for up to three hours after consumption. But don’t overdo caffeine if it gives you the jitters or keeps you up at night. For most people, 3-4 cups per day is tolerable.
3. Stay Hydrated: Even mild dehydration has been found to decrease your metabolic rate by 2%, so staying well hydrated is an easy way to help boost overall metabolic rate. People who drink either eight or twelve glasses of water a day have higher metabolic rates than those who have four.
4. Eat More Often: Small, frequent meals help keep your metabolism high , and that means you’ll burn more calories overall. When you put too many hours between meals, your metabolism actually slows down to compensate. If you then eat a huge meal — at the same time your metabolism is functioning as if you’re starving — your body wants to hold on to every calorie. While this won’t make much difference on an occasional basis, it can become more difficult to lose weight or maintain weight a healthy weight if you frequently skip meals.