Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. S K Sayal
Submit a review for Dr. S K SayalYour feedback matters!
Hair is one of the most noticeable aspects of a human being, whether you are a man or a woman. However, the increasing use of chemicals and other ingredients in hair care products tends to cause more damage to hair than benefits. Ayurveda offers great solutions for healthy hair without the side effects associated with chemical related products.
Some ayurvedic tips to keep hair healthy:
Shampoo itself is a derivative of the word 'champoo', which is an Indian concept of soothing or gently massaging the scalp before washing it off. Let's look at some of the ayurvedic tips which may help you get better hair and shine and keep it healthy throughout.
1. Special ayurvedic oils for massaging on scalp - The best options are usually sesame, Brahmi and the most commonly available coconut oil. Massage it on your scalp regularly at least twice a week and leave it overnight before washing it off the next morning.
2. Make sure diet is corrected - Ensure that the food you eat is a part of a balanced diet and it is preferable to avoid junk food altogether. Stay away from carbonated sweetened beverages as well as smoking and drinking. Some of the spices and vegetables that will be helpful in restoring hair health would be:
- Saute in olive oil or ghee instead of cheap vegetable oils is also beneficial
3. Taking care of digestive or bowel issues - If you suffer from digestive or bowel related issues, then it would be wise to correct that first by the use of laxatives or other medications.
4. Taking care of pitta issues - The pitta, if aggravated, can cause hair fall. There are many techniques in ayurveda which can be used to balance it.
5. Usage of certain herbs in controlled amounts - Usage of the following herbs in controlled amounts can be very good for the health of your hair.
- Aloe vera - Aloe vera is the new wonder drug, which is effective in treating many ailments and it is very good for skin and hair as well, whether consumed as food or applied to the hair as an extract.
- Bhringraj - Paste made of bhringraj applied to the hair before washing can be very good for the health of the hair.
- Methi - Another spice which can be grounded made into a paste and then applied to hair and is known to produce great results.
- Amla - Amla is very good while being eaten as it contains vitamin C and fortifies hair health from the inside. Amla paste or extract massaged on hair is also very good for its health.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!