Find numerous Orthopedists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Orthopedists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Orthopedists online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rajesh Bhatia
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Leg Pain
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Hand Pain
Treatment of Shoulder Pain
Treatment of Foot Pain
Treatment of Lower Back Pain
Treatment of Bone Fracture
Treatment of Arm Pain
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Finger Pain
Treatment of Hip Pain
Treatment of Heel Pain
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Elbow Pain
Treatment of Spondylitis
Treatment of Strains
Treatment of Slip Disc
Treatment of Ankle Sprain
Submit a review for Dr. Rajesh BhatiaYour feedback matters!
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is inflammation of the joints in one or more areas of the body. The symptoms of arthritis usually appear gradually but they may also occur suddenly.
What Causes Arthritis?
There are different causes depending on the type of arthritis. The most common types are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Osteoarthritis: this is caused by normal wear and tear throughout life; this natural breakdown of cartilage tissue can be exacerbated by an infection or injury to the joints.
Rheumatoid arthritis: In rheumatoid arthritis, the body’s immune system attacks the lining of the joint capsule. This lining, known as the synovial membrane, becomes inflamed and swollen.
Who is at risk?
Risk factors for arthritis include:
Age: The risk of many types of arthritis increases with age.
Gender: Women are more likely than are men to develop rheumatoid arthritis, while most of the people who have gout are men.
Previous joint injury: People who have injured a joint are more likely to eventually develop arthritis in that joint.
Obesity: Carrying excess weight puts stress on joints, especially knees, hips and spine. Obese people have a higher risk of developing arthritis
What Are the signs of Arthritis?
These include joint pain and stiffness, swelling of the joints, decrease in range of motion of joints or redness of the skin around the joint.
How Is Arthritis Diagnosed?
The doctor diagnoses arthritis on the basis of:
Laboratory tests: Fluids commonly analyzed include blood, urine and joint fluid.
Imaging: Imaging scans such as X-ray, MRI, and CT scans are commonly used to assess extend of damage to joints
Arthroscopy: arthroscopy involves inserting a small, flexible tube called an arthroscope through an incision near the joint. The arthroscope transmits images from inside the joint to a video screen.
How is Arthritis managed?
The main goal of treatment is to reduce pain, prevent any additional damage to the joints and improve joint mobility. Management includes:
Medications: these are given to manage symptoms of arthritis and to improve range of motion.
Surgery: Surgery may be needed to replace the damaged joint with an artificial one.
Exercise: Exercise can help in strengthening the muscles around the affected joint and prevent further damage. Options include stretching exercises, exercises that provide range of motion, low-impact aerobic exercise such as walking, cycling.
Weight loss: Being overweight can increase complications of arthritis and contribute to arthritis pain. Make gradual and permanent lifestyle changes like eating healthy, portion control, avoiding deep fried foods and following an exercise regimen.
Am. 28 years old am suffering last 6 month's bones weaknesses and especially bones joints legs, hands etc. please suggest me how to solve the problem I already contacted doctors his your alright.Please tell.
Sir, I am getting effected by arthritis and feeling pain in my all fingers and back. I feel acute pain when I am idle for long time while rest day or during journey. I had consulted many doctors but no any progress are there. I am taking Etoshine 60 mg. By taking one Tab I find relieve for three to four day. Mostly feeling pain in the morning and evening during sleeping time. Could any body give me suggestion what yo do for its permanent solutions. All the test like HLA- 27, MRI of Spine is negative. Thanks, Pradeep Singh.
I am chandru I have problem of artatice it's paining my legs doctor says that exercise daily and take tablets what is the permanent solution for astrio arithatice.
A few months ago I have got my ligament of left ankle turned while playing. Can you tell me which kind of treatment will be better for me?
A stinging pain in the neck that makes you feel broken from the neck joint could be a reason to worry. It is often accompanied by an aching head or a throbbing shoulder joint. Neck pain, such as this occurs due to an injury in the area resulting from sudden back and forth movement of the neck. It is referred to as whiplash as the nature of the pain and subsequent discomfort resembles the snapping of a whip. The pain is more like a sprain, but not exactly so. This can affect athletes or even any person in general who has faced an accident in recent past. Whiplash is characterized by a tearing of ligaments and tendons that connect one bone to another.
Causes of Whiplash:
- Sports that involve contact: Any extracurricular activity involving collisions or other forms of physical contact can cause neck injuries. Football and rugby players frequently suffer from Whiplash.
- Road accidents: Public transport has a host of disadvantages. Reckless driving can make the tendons of your neck tear. Auto accidents cause immense strain on your neck; it can also lead to Whiplash.
- Any kind of physical abuse: If you have gotten into a violent fight with someone your neck could suffer from a Whiplash. Instances of physical abuse where the neck is jerked or punched at can also result in neck strains. Domestic violence often leads to instances of neck strains.
Symptoms related to this condition:
- You may or may not suffer from tinnitus. Tinnitus is a physical disorder where you hear ringing sounds. It is quite distracting.
- Your vision might get blurry.
- You can experience irregular sleep patterns.
- You can find it hard to concentrate on any one thing for more than a while.
- You can grow irritable at the drop of a hat.
- Your memory may fail you. You might find it next to impossible to trace back a day's activity.
Some of the other direct symptoms are:
- Your neck might turn stiff preventing you from moving it left, right, up or down.
- Pangs of pain can be felt in and around your shoulders.
- Your upper arms can grow numb and tender.
- Your head can spin repeatedly or you could feel dizzy.
- Whiplash can also result in serious fatigue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopaedist.