Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. R.K.NagYour feedback matters!
I am praveen kumar. 24 years old. Currently working in night shifts. Currently I am suffering with medium fever and cold for the last two days. I taken paracetamol and a single tablet for cold. Now I am not tired but feels the heat of fever high. Throat pain and lite ache. Please help me to overcome this.
I have a problem of bleeding from nose it happens daily, tell me any suggestions to revive these problem.
You know that breathing is very much integral to staying alive. It is the only visible symptom that you are alive. Breathing helps in providing oxygen to the body which is essential to carry out various physiological processes. The nose is the organ through which we breathe and should be kept clean so that it does not interfere with the breathing process or cause any sort of breathing difficulty.
Therefore, cleaning your nose on a regular basis is very important in terms of improving your health and increasing your lifespan. Cleansing your nose on a regular basis can improve the quality of breath and help in protecting your breathing passage as well.
Ayurvedic treatment: Neti
Generally Ayurvedic techniques are considered to be the safest ways to clean your nose. Neti in Ayurveda is a cleansing procedure, which involves using a modified cup referred to as a nasal rinse cup. The cup is filled with water or saline solution and is normally used to clear the breathing passages or the nostrils in particular. Neti is administered in the following steps:
- Prepare a saline solution by taking a quarter teaspoon of table salt and dissolve it in a cup of boiled and cooled or distilled water. You also need to take care of the fact that the salt is non-iodized.
- After preparing the solution you need to put it in the 'Neti' cup. Then put the nozzle of the vessel firmly against one of your nostril in such a way that the water does not leak out.
- Breathe in and out steadily through your mouth.
- Lift the pot and tilt it in a manner such that water enters your nostril. After half of the water has passed into your nostrils, remove the nozzle and let the water to run out of your nostril.
- Blow your nostril to remove any moisture that is left inside.
- Repeat the process with the other nostril.
It is very important to ensure that your nostrils are fully dry and no moisture is present inside as it might lead to further complications such as infection and inflammation within the nasal or the sinus cavities. It has been observed that using a nasal rinse cup during cold seasons helps to reduce nasal congestion to a great extent. Excessive cough or mucus can also be cleared up by using this particular method. It also helps to improve the quality of breath and it also helps you to relax and stay calm. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Suffering from the pain in ear, swelling behind ear, jaw joint pain on first bite and lock for 1-2 sec. Every time after the gap of 2-3 hrs. Suffering from ear pain and swelling from past 1 month. And jaw issue occurred from past 6 months. Please give some satisfactory reply ASAP.
My throat is totally choked and have too much pain even very difficult to talk please suggest some medicine for relief.
I am facing problem in my left ear. I am getting low sound than other ear and also my ear is full of puss every morning when I wake up. Please resolve it.
I had conjunctivitis in one eye a 3-4 days ago along with mild tonsils. Today when I woke up, the conjunctivitis had spread to the other eye as well with heavy pain in my throat. Upon looking in the mirror, I realised that the uvula is heavily swollen and in fact, just exhaling normally in pushing the uvula out. This is extremely painful. I am guessing that the first conjunctivitis will end soon and the uvula might become less swollen. So how long goes it take for the uvula to return to normal after conjunctivitis ends?
I am 48 years old having Diabetes (upto 210 after 2.5 hrs of meal. While sleeping my throat becomes dry. Please advise.
I am 23 years old. I am suffering from tonsil from last 2 days and I am in medication of antibiotics.In tonsil what type of precaution I should take and eat?
From last 1 week I am having problem in my throat its tonsils problem, I take a medicine and syrup but no relief please advise me some home remedy.
I am on the following allergy medications everyday for the past 5 to 6 years. Telekast 10 tabs, flutiflo nasal spray and combitide 250 inhaler. I very desperately want to discontinue all meds. Can you please show a way? I tried being off Telekast for 20 odd days and started using the inhaler and nasal spray on alternate days but today I was forced to start all the things again as I am finding it difficult to breathe because of a blocked nose and that in turn has started a headache. Please advise. Pls also tell me about the long term side effects that I may get by continuing the meds.
Dear Sir, I am suffering a problem last month after I had used to a pesticide spray (kharpatwar) at home named (Heera) after that day I am suffering a problem dry cough, throat soaring and difficulty in breath. I have took lots of medicines but there is no relief me till time please suggest me a proper remedies and what should I do.
I am having continuous nose block since five years and I am getting fever in every four months. What could be diagnosis for this?
I have sinus and sneezing every day what should I do for this problem? I have a permanent solution on this problem.
I am 20 years old boy and I have hearing impairment unable to hear properly due to mucus congestion in my ear its been 8 month has gone earlier in childhood I used to have severe pneumonia pls suggest some better answer.
Sinuses are cavities in our skull behind the nose which spread out in a pattern. These cavities are lined with tissues and mucosal membranes and are essential for our breathing process. Sinusitis is a condition where the tissues within the cavities become inflamed which results in the sinus cavities being blocked due to a buildup of fluid.
What are the conditions that can lead to sinusitis?
Some of the conditions that can cause nasal polyps are explained as follows:
- Nasal polyps are small growths of tissue within the lining of the nose which may block the sinuses, resulting in sinusitis.
- Common cold is also a culprit which may result in sinusitis
- If your septum or the bridge between the holes of the nose is deviated (this condition is referred to as a deviated septum), you may be prone to developing sinusitis.
- The lining of the nose may swell in a condition known as allergic rhinitis and cause sinusitis as well.
Types of sinusitis
There are multiple types of sinusitis which may affect people and also on how long they last. The various types of sinusitis are explained below:
- Acute sinusitis: This is the most common form of sinusitis that lasts usually between 2 to 4 weeks. It starts with a cold, blocked nose and turns into facial pain that usually starts very suddenly.
- Chronic sinusitis: This is a form of sinus infection which can have a debilitating effect on your life and may last for 12 weeks or longer.
- Sub-acute sinusitis: This is somewhere between acute and chronic sinusitis and may last from anywhere between 4 to 12 weeks.
- Recurrent sinusitis: This form of sinus infections tend to be a variation of acute or sub-acute sinusitis which tends to occur multiple times a year.
Symptoms of sinusitis
The manifestation of the symptoms of sinusitis may be different from person to person and also on the type of sinusitis you are suffering from. However, there are some generic symptoms that are common to all forms which are mentioned as follows:
- Smelling senses may be dulled
- Facial pain
- Congestion accompanied by a cough
- Nose may be blocked, stuffy and may also be runny
- Other symptoms may also include bad breath, fatigue, or even dental pain
- Nasal cavity may have pus and it may drain from time to time
It is best to consult a doctor quickly, if you have been having any of these symptoms. The doctor can prescribe nasal decongestants and antibiotics which can help. If you have chronic or recurrent sinusitis, then more aggressive and advanced treatments may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.