Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. PancholiYour feedback matters!
How to stop a 14 years child eating too much every 2 hours because is becoming more fat I try to make him stop eat surgery fats foods but even that he hid and eat most of all he don't like to do any movement physic just sit watch TV play games pls if can help me thanks in advance.
My baby is 2. 5 months old. She is not having cold cough or anything like that. But she occasionally coughs. Is it normal?
My 40 days old baby taking 120 ml of milk after every three hours But he cries n demands more milk please tell me the quantity of milk I should give him.
My baby is 5 and half months old. She consume only my breastfeed and two spoons of nestum rise. Her weight is also less that is 4, 600 kg. What shall I do to increasing her weight.
My baby is 4 month old. And suffering from cough. I used ascoril LS 15 ml syrup .Please suggest me the medicine. How much ml I given the syrup.
I have 3 months male baby since from his birth he had never faced coughing but from two days he is suffering bit of coughing is this is due to climate change. One more thing my wife eating dates from four days n those dates are taken out from fridge please suggest.
My son is 4 years 10 month old. He is a late talker, he still does not speaks clearly. He can make 3 to 5 word sentence. Few of his words could be understood by others. He did not had any Developmental delay other than speech. He can write well can recite rhymes but words are not very clear. Pls let me know why is there delay in language and how to go about it? (He is physically very active)
My 1year son doesn't eat anything and he is very thin what shall I do to make him eat food besides milk thamks
When you have a newborn bundle of joy, no parent would be ready for constant crying bouts from the infant. However, for various reasons, even healthy, well-fed infants can be colicky.
What is it: Although a mystery, a baby is said to be colicky if it cries for more than 3 hours a day for more than 3 days a week for more than 3 weeks at a stretch. The baby is completely healthy, and the symptoms start about 2 to 3 weeks of life in both breast-fed and bottle-fed babies. The baby usually has a red face from crying and could be pulling its legs towards its chest due to the abdominal discomfort.
Causes: Though still not exactly established, some things that are believed to cause colic include:
- The baby's digestive system that is growing and goes through spasms
- Extreme sensitivity to noise and light in the surrounding environment
- Accumulation of gas in the belly that is ingested with the milk (breast or bottles)
- Hormones that are supposedly affecting the baby's moods
Treatment: As there is no specific cause identified, the treatment is also symptomatic and aims at soothing the baby's pain and discomfort.
- Altered feeding: Given that a baby's tummy is very small and is about the size of a fist, it makes sense to feed it small amounts at regular intervals than to give a full feed once in like 4 to 5 hours. The baby is sure to feel full with this and therefore the discomfort. Burping between the feed is also shown to help avoid feeling of fullness. If you are breast feeding, try to not let the baby doze off when feeding.
- Anti-colic bottles: These bottles have a vent inside the bottle which will help reduce the accumulation of gas within the bottle. There are various brands available in the market, these could be a good solution if the baby is even partially bottle-fed.
- Simethicone: This is an anti-flatulent, which again helps eliminate gas bubbles in the stomach and thereby provides relief to the infant. It can be given either by a dropper or a syringe.
- Exercise: Try bending the legs at the knee and holding it towards the baby's stomach, this can help ease the pain.
Remember that this is a very transient thing and usually disappears on its own by the 4th month, and the above measures are only to help the baby and the mother.