Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. P S Das
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. P S DasYour feedback matters!
He is a very nice person and responds to the queries of the patient very politely.
The human body goes through aches and pains from time to time depending on injuries and other kinds of joint, muscle and nerve pain. The various types of pain include somatic pain, visceral pain, and neuropathic pain. While somatic pain refers to pain that comes from injuries caused to muscles, connective tissues and joints; visceral pain happens due to inflammation and excessive stretching of organs.
Read on to find out more about pain management:
Somatic Pain: This bone pain is usually localised and can increase with movement, becoming sharper with increased motion. Somatic pain can usually be treated with the help of analgesics that can treat the pain area, especially for pain that takes place due to surgical incisions and other dull aches or sharp pains that are localised. This kind of pain can also be treated with physiotherapy, acupressure and other exercises based on the area of the pain.
Visceral Pain: While this kind of pain can be treated with the help of medication, it also usually improves and fades with time. The medication for this kind of pain usually alters the neurotransmitters of the brain that convey pain signals and trigger pain in the body. This medication also helps in bringing down the inflammation for pain improvement.
Neuropathic Pain: This kind of pain is usually accompanied by irregular limb movements and discomfort as well as motions like twitching. It is a more permanent kind of pain that lasts long and causes greater discomfort than the above two kinds of pain. Neuropathic pain can be treated with the help of anticonvulsants that usually help in the prevention of nerve pain and irregular movements that can trigger off this kind of pain. It also acts on the serotonin levels and other chemicals of the brain for better nerve pain management and as an anti-depressant as well.
The various kinds of pain discussed above can be treated in different ways, in medicated and non-medicated ways. The method will also depend on whether the pain is acute or chronic.
Hi doc, I am 17 years old. I had depression for 3 years but now it's in balance. I also have social anxiety I have had it all my life because of this I cannot go outside and do simple tasks. I don't like to talk to people and even I if do wanna talk with somebody I can't because of my anxiety. Also I feel like I am in a dream I don't feel like I am living and when I go outside this feeling increases. I feel like it's gonna ruin my future and my career. My family notices that I cannot socialize or go outside and they say I cannot do anything in my life like that. I feel like a burden. I feel like it's bringing my depression back. I want to treat my social anxiety medication worked only for a while. Now I don't want to take medication. Should I get therapy? I have heard it's working for other people.
My body is very paining and mind is also pain I take more medicines but not effective anyone I request you please you help me.
I am addicted to taking drugs like weed, hash,smack. I want to detox but I am not able to control my self when I was not taking it there was a pain in mah whole Bone's joints specially in spinal chord and stomach please doctor help me to detox my self please.
Hello Doctor I am upset with my anger. Mujhe bhot jaldi gussa aata h aur Mai react kar jati hun jo nhi bolna chahiye wo nikalta hai muh se anab sanab Baad me bura feel hota h ye kyun boli bhot guilt feel hota h aur mera ye problem mere relations ko affect kar rha log dur ja rhe. please help me Doctor plz.
I am a diabetic and on regular medication. My age is 43. I used to regular walking for 1 hour in morning and evening but I have the habit of taking alcohol regularly. Please advice.
Hi some time specially when im tensed or depressed I feel like I wanna to cry. And I dnt know the reason y im so sad. Is this kind of psychological disorder or it is normal And I dnt sleep properly I have too much of dreams specially sad ones What should I do to have sound sleep.
Have you noticed yourself feeling diminished consistently? Do you find yourself apologizing to your partner even despite being on the receiving end of your lover’s bad behavior? Have you been feeling that your partner takes you for granted and also takes advantage of you? If the answer of the these questions is a ‘YES’ then it establishes that you are dating an emotional manipulator.
Being in a relationship with an emotional manipulator may not only scar you emotionally but also cause severe damage to you in the long run. Here are some warning signs to watch out for:
1. Your partner diminishes your feelings: Emotional manipulators are selfish people and are concerned solely about themselves and their desires. They do not care about your feelings and when you try to share some grief or feelings, they may turn you down by saying you are stupid or are over-reacting. Sometimes, their manipulative nature makes you think that they are right. An emotional manipulator also does not apologize and blames you for something, which is actually their fault.
2. Your partner often lets you down: If you get insulted, embarrassed or are made fun of by your partner frequently, especially in public, he or she is likely to be an emotional manipulator. The person is likely to prey on all your insecurities. You may be made fun of in front of your family and friends, by your partner, which crosses the limit of joking. Even if you convey that you are hurt by these actions, they do not change.
3. Your partner blames you for their bad behavior: An emotional manipulator will never take the blame or responsibility of their bad deeds. Instead, they will try to put the entire blame on you with lame justifications. If your partner is an emotional manipulator, it is likely that he or she would ask you over and over about your feelings.
4. Your partner does not explain themselves: Emotional manipulators are likely to hold back their issues and do not bother to explain their actions. Actually, such people do not intend to connect emotionally with you. They will try to impose themselves upon you and feel that they are superior than you. Such people get angry very easily if you cannot manage time for them.
5. Your partner changes ways only after extremities: Emotional manipulators do not care about your feelings and when you are fed up and want to leave, they start overreacting and promise to make positive changes. However, after a while they regain their previous attitude.
The above signs indicate that your partner is an emotional manipulator. If you experience these signs, the best decision is to leave your partner and move on. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.