Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nidhi Khosla Kumaran
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Nidhi Khosla KumaranYour feedback matters!
Any alcoholic beverage (generally brandy, wine, beer, bourbon etc) consumed before bedtime is known as a nightcap. You may have a nightcap thinking you’ll get better sleep, but did you know that it’s actually responsible for giving you a disrupted sleep pattern? Nightcaps may gradually start interfering with your sleeping quality, causing you to wake up sooner than you want.
How do nightcaps adversely affect your sleeping pattern?
Recently, a study conducted by the University of Melbourne revealed the fact that alcohol before bedtime can give you the worst sleep ever. In this study, several volunteering adults were neurologically monitored in a lab for a few days. Half of them were asked to have nightcaps, while the other half was instructed to drink non-alcoholic beverages. After completing their observation, the researchers reached the conclusion that though alcohol resulted in greater number of sleeping hours, it left the participants feeling dehydrated and less refreshed in the morning due to fragmented sleep. This is because the sleep induced by nightcaps is very shallow, and having nightcaps regularly can result in less restorative sleep.
The side-effects of nightcaps
Ruining your sleep is not the only ill effect nightcaps have on your health. Nightcaps give rise to other issues too, like snoring and night sweats. Moreover, consuming alcohol before falling asleep also weakens your immune system, damages your memory, speeds up the ageing process, results in nightmares, and causes headaches and insomnia. In fact, regular nightcaps are bad for your heart too.
4 ways how you can prevent alcohol from affecting your sleep pattern
Nonetheless, if you want to include a bit of alcohol to your dinner, it can be done in the correct way to ensure that it doesn’t affect the quality of your sleep. You can follow these simple rules to minimise the ill effects of nightcaps:
1. Stick to the three hour rule: Ensure that you drink alcohol at least 3 hours prior to sleeping.
2. Limit yourself to a fixed amount: Always consume alcoholic beverages in moderation and try to limit yourself to only one or two drinks every day.
3. Sleep early: Try to avoid staying awake longer than you usually do as this adds up to alcohol’s abilities of disturbing your sleep.
4. Increase your water intake: Prevent your body from getting dehydrated by the effect of alcohol by consuming at least one glass of water for each glass of alcohol. Additionally, don’t forget to sip a few glasses of water after waking up in the morning.
Sleep is important for your overall well being, so try not to compromise with it by consuming nightcaps regularly, especially after knowing about its devastating effects.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
To get more such tips and ask health-related questions from trusted doctors of India, download Lybrate App on your smartphone today. http://lybr.at/app-pz. Enjoy Healthy Living
Hello, I am trying to conceive past 3 yrs. But this month my follicle count was 3 only is there any chances to get pregnant with iui treatment. In this 3follicle how many eggs will release. Pls respond my question doctor.
Do the frequent changes in the season really affect your body and food habits?
A big YES!
Selection of appropriate food according to seasonal change is very important for staying healthy. In modern times, most fresh fruits and veggies are available round the year, however, the nutritional content is much less in the non-seasonal fruits and vegetables. An update of your eating habits consistently is a must to stimulate energy level of your body.
Here are some key dietary behaviors that must be considered while choosing the perfect diet plan for different seasons-
- Cherish the novelty of Spring
In spring, the green leafy vegetables with their fresh, tender leaves represent the arrival of the new season. These must be added to your menu that must include such lettuce, parsley, spinach, basil and fruits like strawberries, apricot, blueberries, peaches, and cherries etc. Try to consume less amount of salt in this season.
- Take Delight in the cool squash of Summer
Due to excessive heat in the summers, it is recommended to adhere to the watery, cool and light diet. Include seasonal fruits like watermelon, plums, melons, cherries, vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumber, mint etc in your regular diet. Restore your energy with cool, refreshing drinks such as fresh juices, coconut water, milk shakes etc. Drink lots and lots of water during the summers.
- Relish the freshness of Raindrops
The Monsoon season comes with lots of lip smacking food items. In this season, many people face dyspepsia problems so pick up foods that are easily digestible. Avoid consumption of watery foods, heavy meals, meat and fish. Eat gram flour, brown rice, barley, corn, oats, garlic, ginger, turmeric, yogurt and fruits like pomegranate and apple.
- Savor the crisp sunshine of Autumn
Consumption of warm harvest food products is appropriate for this season. Veggies like onion, fenugreek, garlic, pumpkin and fruits such as banana, pears, apple, cranberries work well in this season. Spices, nuts and seasonings like cinnamon, mustard seeds, walnuts, and peppercorns are a must in the autumn months.
- Enjoy the warmness of Winter season
As soon as the cold winter seeps in, you must eat warm nutritional foods. In the winter months, the guiding principle is that the foods that are slow to grow are more warming than the ones that grow rather quickly. This means you can take foods like lamb, fish and chicken and root vegetables like onion, garlic, potato and carrots. You can also take sesame, corn, fenugreek and milk products that are good sources of nutrition.
In short just 'Eat by the season' to stay healthy!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Related Tip: Did you know you can be dehydrated in any season?
Hello Three months back my breast was tight and painful as it is before periods. And I took I pill so I got period twice a month. I showed to Dr. .dr did checkup I got xray done of chest which was k.ultrasound done of my stomach which was k.blood test done.in which only esr was 37. Slight hight. Dr. given me yasmin and some more medicine for 3 months .everything went k.last month I took yasmin late because I was out of station therefore my period cycle got late. I am having periods right nw. Suddenly yesterday my nipples are paining as if when I used to feed my son like that. When I squeezed them they were leaking something white and clear fluids. Both nipples. Only on squeezing and little pain. I worried. Why its happening. Everything was perfect .why this happen yesterday first time.
A poor sex life because of loss of libido is a matter of concern for both men and women. When a man or woman experiences the lack of sexual longing and has got a poor libido, it can lead to several problems or issues in the relationship. No person would want to have low libido because it affects their sexual performance.
Causes of low libido:
- Extreme stress and anxiety cause low libido
- Overindulging in rich, spicy and salty food also causes lowering of libido
- Having sex with a person you are not comfortable with causes low libido
- Having too many sexual activity may also lead to low libido
- Drugs and tobacco also affect libido
- Lack of nitric oxide in the body leads to lowering of libido. Insufficient blood supply affects erection in men
- Low levels of testosterones lower libido in men
Ayurveda, the ancient medical system since medieval times, is an effective remedy for treating or improving low libido. Here are some effective Ayurvedic remedies for improving your libido and sexual life as a whole.
- Ashwagandha: This is an Ayurvedic herb, which is also known as ginseng. It is an adaptogenic Ayurvedic herb, which can be used for curing impotence, infertility and cases of premature ejaculation. This herb also nourishes our nerves and enables better nerve functioning. This makes the body adapt to stress better. This herb reduces the effect of intense stress and tiredness from our body and enhances sexual performance. You can take this herb with hot milk, ginger, honey or hot water.
- Shatavari: This is a an Ayurvedic herb also known as asparagus racemosus. This herb helps in enhancing fertility in women. It nourishes the ovum and other reproductive organs in women. Restoration of hormonal balance and promotion of blood formation and circulation is also enhanced by this herb. Risk of miscarriage is also lowered in women. It also boosts libido in both men and women. It also cures impotence, spermatorrhea and sexual organ inflammations.
- Shilajit: This herb is known as a divine nectar in Ayurveda and enhances sexual functioning in men. The herb works like an aphrodisiac and improves the quality and count of sperms in men. It also regulates balance of sexual hormones and enables proper hormonal functioning. Shilajit is commonly called the Ayurvedic Viagra.
- Garlic: Garlic is used in Ayurveda for many purposes, which also includes boosting of sexual libido in men and women. It improves the working of sexual organs after any sort of injury or disease. Ayurvedic remedies are ideal for increasing libido in men and women. Ayurveda is a totally natural form of medicine, with no side effects.
I am suffering from pcos. Menses comes to me after every 2 or 3 months. This time menses came to me after 2 months and its continously bleeding from more than 30 days. I want to stop my bleeding. Please help.
Preparing for Penis Enlargement Exercises - 4 Ways to Warm Up Your Manhood
When preparing for penis enlargement exercises, one of the things you have to pay close attention to would the warm up of your penis. Warming up the penis happens to be very important when preparing for penis enlargement exercises and stretches in order to avoid unwanted injuries. Plus, if you do things right, you will get to reap even more benefits than usual once you get to the actual exercises afterwards.
When preparing for penis enlargement exercises, look at it as the same thing as the stretches that you do before working out at the gym. They will also enhance your gains in the same way and help you prevent injuries at the same time.
Preparing for penis enlargement exercises basically entails applying some heat onto your penis through your method of choice. You can either use a heating pad, an infrared lamp, a rice sock or a washcloth for this. Here are some of the different methods for preparing for penis enlargement exercises in more detail:
The Heating Pad Method
The heating pad is one of the most popular penile warm up methods to date since they are cost-effective and easy to find. To use one, just refer to the instructions found with the product itself.
The Infrared Lamp Method
The infrared lamp is most popular in the world of medicine and is used to get inside the skin to heat up the necessary tissues in the penis to warm it up. It may not be advisable to use this method at home, though, since you will need to make it a point to keep your testicles away from too much heat; otherwise, you could burn them without meaning to.
The Rice Sock Method
The rice sock is cost-effective, too. Plus, it is easy to make one. Just look for a sock, buy some rice and make sure you have a microwave handy. Then, fill up your sock with enough rice that will ensure that your penis will still fit into the sock later on. Then, tie the sock shut and place it into your microwave to heat it up.
Most of the time, this will take up to an hour to get the temperature needed to warm up the penis, but this will depend on your microwave, as well. If you have an especially powerful microwave, you can expect the sock to heat up much faster than if you have a less powerful microwave. Your microwave's speed of heating up the sock may depend on the amount of rice that you fill the sock up with, too.
Of course, it would be important to feel the sock before placing your penis in it, as well. If it feels too hot, make sure you let it cool down first to avoid unnecessary burns. On the other hand, if it feels too cool, heat it up in the microwave a little bit longer until you get the desired heat for the warm up.
The Washcloth Method
The washcloth method is by far the easiest method to use when preparing for penis enlargement exercises. Although it might not be the most convenient method since washcloths cannot exactly retain heat for long periods of time, it can save you a lot of money in the long run. You just need to have some patience and dedication when it comes down to it.