Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Nasrin
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. NasrinYour feedback matters!
A few decades ago, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, etc., were not so prevalent as today. The age of onset of these diseases is reducing rapidly. The severity of these diseases and complications with one leading to another is on the rise. It is becoming a vicious cycle with one leading to another condition, and treating that leading to another complication.
Heart disease, hypertension, diabetes, insomnia, dyslipidemia, obesity, etc. are all referred to as lifestyle diseases. This term is an umbrella term that is a result of a person’s physical and psychological functioning. There is a significant contribution from the person’s living pattern including eating habits, alcohol and cigarette use, exercise pattern, etc.
Ayurveda proposes multiple approaches to address lifestyle diseases by detoxification, improving bio-purification, rejuvenation therapies, and supplements. The overall result is restoring the balance of physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being, leading to an overall healthy life.
Ayurveda believes health is a result of balance between the 3 components (tridoshas) – vaata, pitta, and kapha. With any illness, one particular dosha is identified, and treatment is not just aimed at the symptoms, but at restoring the balance between the three doshas. The added benefit is that these are time-tested, safe, and highly effective. It is not just curative, but also preventative.
Some of the Ayurvedic approaches are listed below.
- Dincharya: This is an ideal daily regimen to follow, which is based on circadian rhythm. This takes into account meal timings, sleep timings, including what to do in the first hour after waking, times of eating, exercise time and pattern, sleep time and pattern, etc. The idea is to be in sync with nature as was originally intended.
- Ratricharya: This includes the routine to be followed at night, including an early supper that should be the lightest meal of the day and completed at least 2 hours before sleeping. Healthy sleeping pattern including comfortable pillows with no disturbance with electronic gadgets is advised, where at least 7 hours sleep is obtained.
- Ritucharya: Each season brings changes along with it. The lifestyle should be accordingly adapted including food changes and exercise. In summer, have more of melons which help in hydration. Similarly, winter produces more nuts and roots and seeds, which are good for insulation and essential oils to keep the body warm.
- Panchakarma: This is a detox and bio-purification process involving massage and herbal therapy. This cleanses the body, strengthens the immune system, and restores overall balance and well-being of a person. The herbal oils used are organ or system-specific and help improve the health of the affected organ.
A combination of all these approaches helps restore balance of the body and thereby aid in managing lifestyle disorders. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
The thyroid gland is a tiny gland that produces the hormones which affect the body's metabolic process. When these hormones are produced in less or more quantities, it may result in an imbalance of the thyroid gland, leading to a range of thyroid issues including hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism and others. Overproduction or underproduction of the thyroid hormones can also cause a variety of other symptoms and conditions. While this affects the state of one's general well being, health and weight, it also has an effect on the patient's libido.
Let us learn more about the link between thyroid and sex:
- Thyroid in Men: Men who are suffering from hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism as well as related conditions like goitre or Garves Disease, have complained of sex related problems. These problems are known to affect at least 50% to 60% of the patients, as per various medical reports. The sex related issues include premature ejaculation, low sex drive, delayed ejaculation, erectile dysfunction, and others.
- Thyroid in Women: It has been found that almost 10% of women over the age of 50 suffer from some form or the other of thyroid hormone imbalance. Apart from fatigue, depression and muscle ache as well as weight alteration, depending on the type of thyroid problem, thyroid patients who are women have also experienced problems when it comes to libido. Sexual dysfunction and arousal problems are high on the list of these issues.
- Hormonal Treatment: One of the most common ways of treating this sex related thyroid problems for thyroid patients is through the use of hormonal therapy. Besides getting the testosterone, estrogen and other androgen levels checked, the patient must also get a full hormonal evaluation along with a check-up of the adrenal function. This can help in pointing any anomalies and the hormones that will require replacement with the help of appropriate medication.
- Optimal Drug Treatment: A T4 only drug or Levothyroxine can lead to a resolution of sexual problems that one encounters as a part of thyroid problems. There are many doctors who may switch to a T3 drug once the libido is restored and brought back to normal.
- Supplements: Men may require testosterone supplements, while women may need estrogen or progesterone supplements to tackle the sexual problems in such cases. These can be rendered as a patch or through an injection.
- Sex Therapy: In many cases, sex therapy considered as a popular and effective form of addressing the problems and helping the patients get around the same. This is especially helpful if depression is one of the symptoms of the thyroid disorder.
A thorough physical check-up also helps in treating such problems for thyroid patients.
Ovigyn 5000 (hcg) injections are safe for foetus? for how many weeks of pregnancy these should be given?
I feel like something catching my lower stomach past one week is it a symptoms of pregnancy I had my periods on 24/04/17.
Hello doctor! I am 23 years old female. Mai last month 13 ko periods hui ti n avi tk 28 days cycleing jo lekr m avi tk hui ni kya m pregnt to ni? please help mujhe bahut indino iching v rehne lgi h vagina m your ghabharat v hoti h niples v hard se hote h please help me?
Cranial nerve palsy is one of the common culprits of causing double vision. This is all the more true for people above the age of 60. A person is more prone to cranial nerve palsy if he is suffering from high blood pressure and diabetes. This is the reason why this disease is more commonly known as diabetes palsy. Eventually, though they get better and the problem of double vision disappears.
One weak cranial nerve leads to the weakness of other cranial nerves as well. In case the eyes fail to move together, chances are that the patient will have double or blurred vision. In case the sixth nerve gets affected, side to side double vision is encountered. For the 3rd and 4th nerve disturbance, there could be a vertical double vision. The lack of blood flow causes pain to the eye.
Possible Causes of Cranial Nerve Palsy?
Cranial nerve palsy can result from traumatic or congenital factors. They can also result from vascular diseases such as strokes, hypertension, diabetes, and aneurysms. It can also arise out of infections, increased intracranial pressure, migraines, and tumours. A patient's age and clinical findings help a doctor decide the right course of treatment.
There are no particular treatments which can speed up the recovery of cranial nerve palsy. In a case of pupil pain, doctors may prescribe anti-inflammatory drugs such as Motrin and Advil. They key to natural recovery is to ensure that the blood sugar and the blood pressure is diligently controlled. By patching the eyes, the problem of double vision can be resolved. They are typically worn over both the eyes. They are however known to slow down the process of recovery and strain the eye. There is no known exercise to fix this condition. Botulinum injections are sometimes used by doctors to straighten the eyes but the result of such a treatment greatly varies from person to person. Doctors mostly rely on watchful waiting until the phase passes within 6-8 weeks. Pain medications are recommended on a case to case basis.
Managing cranial nerve palsy can be difficult for a working person. It involves many lifestyle changes till the condition fully cares. Some of the suggestions given by an ophthalmologist include resting the eye as long as one can. Reading or working on a computer should be eschewed since it puts great pressure on the eyes. The eye should not be contacted with forehands in case there is too much pain. Other basic hygiene issues include taking the medicine time to time, cleaning the eye with fresh water two to three times a day, putting the eye drops on time as prescribed by the doctor. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ophthalmologist and ask a free question.