Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
I'm getting my period every 25 or 26th day only, will it be a problem to get pregnancy? I'm 24 year's old.
Adhesive capsulitis: an overview
If you are taken aback by the very mention of this condition, you must know this is something you face every now and then. The problem is not too serious until it persists and hence people do not bother to look up terrifying medical terms for the case. Adhesive capsulitis or frozen shoulder is a condition that could arise from a host of reasons. It is usually characterized by a marked stiffness in and around the shoulder blade felt either in the middle of the night, early in the morning or while trying to move a hand close to the end of its reach. Frozen shoulder might become a chronic problem in which case remedying it takes a minimum of one or two years.
Factors leading to Adhesive capsulitis
- This condition is prevalent amongst patients of diabetes.
- Lack of movement of a limb, either of the two hands, due to a fracture or a surgery can result in the same.
- Adhesive capsulitis occurs when the capsule of connective tissues ensconcing the ligaments and bones of your shoulder joint tightens around them hindering free and easy movement.
How is Adhesive Capsulitis Treated?
There are various treatments for adhesive capsulitis. Even though the condition usually gets better on its own, improvement can take two to three years. Over 90% of patients improve with non-surgical treatments, including the following:
- Physical therapy
- Corticosteroid injections
- Anti-inflammatory medications
Surgery can be performed for patients who see no improvement after non-surgical measures are taken.
How is subacromial bursitis different from Adhesive capsulitis?
While a frozen shoulder affects your entire shoulder area, subacromial bursitis affects a single point in the shoulder blade. The topmost boney part of the shoulder blade is referred to as the acromion. The acromion is placed above the ball- and- socket joint without touching the bones directly. The subacromial bursa is a soft cushion like thing that prohibits friction between the muscles or tendons of the shoulder joint and the acromion. An irritable subacromial bursa is referred to as subacromial bursitis.
How is Subacromial Bursitis Treated?
Subacromial Bursitis can be treated in a number of ways, including:
- Avoiding activities that aggravate the problem
- Resting the injured area
- Icing the area the day of the injury
- Taking over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medicines
- What do you mean by rotator cuff tear?
Rotator cuff is a group of tendons and muscles located on top of the upper arm bone or humerus. The cuff helps to hold your arm in place allowing easy movement. Acute stress or physical exertion can lead to muscle cramps or might even make the tendons tear apart. Tennis players, swimmers, or people lifting heavy weights are prone to Rotator Cuff Tear. This condition leads to excruciating pain and tenderness in your shoulder blade.
What's the Treatment for a Rotator Cuff Tear?
As bad as these injuries can be, the good news is that many rotator cuff tears heal on their own. You just need to give them a little time. You also should:
- Rest the joint as much as possible. Avoid any movement or activity that hurts. You may need a sling.
- Ice your shoulder two to three times a day to reduce pain and swelling.
- Perform range-of-motion exercises, if your doctor recommends them.
- Consider physical therapy to strengthen the joint.
- Use anti-inflammatory painkillers, or NSAIDS, like Advil, Aleve, or Motrin.
More serious rotator cuff tears require surgery. One procedure is shoulder arthroscopy, usually an outpatient procedure.
What will be the basic cause and treatment of secondary amenorrhoea with no ovarian cyst and normal reports of thyroid and prolactin?
I am 22 years old. My sonography report says that I am having pcos. I used to vaccine on my face to remove hair on neck and cheeks. They starts growing after 15-20 days and due to it my face become very dry and acne are coming out, whole face become red for some days. What should I do to cure pcos completely and acne? my mc is also irregular. It hasn't came from 3 months.
My wife shows no interest in sex though she co-operates and sometimes enjoys too. What can l do? Can hormone or other drug be beneficial? She is 47 and bulky but, so from the start.
I am a 47, female, have menstrual problem, tests indicate low Hbg - 9.5 T3 T4 N THS NORMAL sugar RANDOM 102 USG The uterus is bulky. A 3.1x 2.7 cm fibroid is seen in fundus of uterus the endometrial thickness is 16 mm. Needs further evaluation.
I am 30 years old. Married 6 years before. I have no children. My problem is entrometris cysts. Two month before I have ivf (icsi). But its fail. Please tell solve my problem.
Hello sir ,My wife is about 28 years old, she is having a problem of vaginal discharge since from 4 to 5 years after delivering her first child. Since from then she has a problem of this . I consult the doctor also and took many different types of medicines also but could not help. So now the case is serious she is going down and down. Sir please help her to regain in good health. Please help.
I had intercourse during my ovulation period with the intent of getting pregnant and now I am noticing that my breasts have enlarged and my nipples have also enlarged and its hurting from last few days. Also, im having pain in my lower sides from few days and leg crapms almost everyday. Today my home pregnancy test was negative. I really don't understand if I should trust this test. Have I taken this test too early? my periods is also not due until next 1 week. Can someone please advise me if this can b pregnancy and what should I do next. This is driving me completely crazy.
I am diabetic and i am 20 years old. Married 2 years ago. Is there any complication to get pregnancy my sugar level 250.
I need to increase mood for my wife, so please help me by suggesting the appropriate medicine name Because my wife got uterus operation.
I am 44 years old and my wife is 41 years old she is house wife only & she is very hardworking woman i. E Wake up early in the morning & fifty percent of home work she will do own. But in the night even I do foreplay she is not liking to do sex. I feel she is very freeze. Even if I doesn't do sex for a month she will never feel. She doesn't have any other affairs. But She doesn't like to do sex vice a versa I am very badly need sex everyday. She loves me lot .She cannot live a single day without me. I don't know what to do. Please advise.
I do not have a enough breast milk to feed my baby so what can I do please plz please help me. How to produce my milk.
I am 18 years old and I have a problem in my period and I miss my period for three month and a lot of white discharge and I have stomach and headache badly.
My sister is 22 yr old had slight pv bleeding in 1 st month of pregnancy (prime gravidum) associated with abdominal pain andshe consulted doctor who gave hormone injections and baby growth is normal. Now she is 6 weeks pregnant. Is there any risk of baby being born with congenital defects.
Mein coriander seed boil kar k pete hu morning mein kahi mjh concieve karne mein problem toh nhi hoge please tell me what can I do.
Hello doctor, My query is whenever I do have sex with my wife she feels burning sensation a sort of just after sex. But it does not longer. I keep my organs clean and she too take the precautions as well. Why does it happen? please suggest me to eradicate this prob.
Hello gynecologist mam, I just want to know mu conception date I got preg on aug 28th 2015 (4 weeks) My last lmp is july 28th 2015. Pls let me kbow my conception date and what does meaning of conception? And dna when decides while preg. I delivered a baby on 36 to 37, weeks duration april 9th 201.
People who regularly work out can go on about its benefits and also show off a toned physique. However, a bad or improper movement can be more harmful than no exercise at all. Read on to know some common exercise moves that are best avoided for their potential harmful effects.
- Dumbbell punches: By holding dumbbells and punching them forward into the air, you are just spending your energy with absolutely no return from it. It is good as a conditioning one if done for a long time, but does not help the shoulders or the arms. Bicep curls and triceps extensions yield much better results than these punches.
- Shoulder Shrugs: The only muscle that gets worked here is the trapezius, which is at the top of the shoulders and the neck. The arms and the back do not get any benefit and shoulder shrugs can actually cause postural problems and increase shoulder tension. Best avoided if you are not a professional bodybuilder.
- Thigh machines: One of the most ineffective machines in the gym, the poor posture and no workout for the abs is one of the reasons the outer and inner thigh workouts should be avoided. Better results can be achieved with squats and lunges, which also help more muscles and help in losing weight.
- Plank rows: While plank rows or board lines work very well for core strengthening, it is not as effective for back and arm strengthening. Better results are achieved with the usual lines for these areas.
- Lat pull-downs behind the neck: This can be very harmful for people who have even minor shoulder joint problems. The idea is to build arm, torso, and back muscles by pulling a weighted bar down the front and back of the chest area. This can cause misalignment, shoulder impingement, or a tear in the rotator cuff, and in severe cases, even cervical vertebral fracture.
- Military Presses Behind the Head: Similar to a lat pull-down, here also, a barbell is lifted up and down behind the head and can cause the same problems as the earlier one, including fracture of the cervical spine.
- Squatting on a bosu ball: These colorful equipment are very alluring but can be really dangerous and can cause ankles and knees to be injured, causing meniscal tears or disruptions.
- Crunches: When improperly done, crunches produce the same position as one achieves while working on the computer - head forward and rounded shoulder. Crunches are meant to be done by pulling up on the head and not using the abs, as most people incorrectly do.
Make sure you get a trainer's advice on the right ways to work out so as to get the maximum benefits and avoid injuries.