Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Meghna
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. MeghnaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I had a great experience with her. You can tell her all your problems and she has the right solution for it. She is a great counsellor and a good friend :)
Dr. Meghna has an amazing way of tackling problems. She makes you feel comfortable in her company and speak out to face your worries head on. Her methodology is to give you pointers as workable solutions, instead of dictating or prescribing a definite path. As a result, you will gradually be trained under her expert vigilance to take correct decisions. Am really thankful to her for the personal one to one guidance that she gives.
Dr. Meghna Bansal is so far the best doctor that I have ever come across to, along with all the medical and psychological knowledge, she also has the great ability to deal with every problem you could have ever faced in your life.once you start talking to her there's no way going back to facing those problems ever again all alone because she's aleay down for you. You never face the problem alone but ma'am herself fights with you.
The experience was great. She listened to my problems with alot of patience, and treated me like a friend. She gave me solutions for my problems, guided me to do the right thing and even cheered me up. It didn't feel like I'm talking to a counselor. She gave me advice on how i should manage my time so that the stress does not affect. She is one of the best Psychologist you consult.
Dr. Meghna Bansal is the best councellor in the town for seeking psychological help. She has a very unique technique to handle the all problems and solve them with ease. She is very friendly with her patients and make them feel comfortable even when discussing about problems. I would highly recommend Dr. Meghna Bansal if you are seeking for psychological help.
I would highly recommend Dr. Meghna Bansal of you are seeking psychological help. She has an amazing and professional way of tackling problems and will make the patient feel at ease and comfortable during the sessions. Indeed there is no dearth of unconditional support from her. A great counsellor and the best in town!
Dr. Meghna is one of the best in this field. She creates a very comfortable environment for her patients so that they don't hesitate to share their problems. Dr. Meghna gives advises that are very helpful, well-reasoned, knowledgeable & practical. I totally recommend her if you're looking for professional help.
She is empathetic and a great advisor. Her words have the power to keep you away from all the negative thoughts and helps you to ignite the positivity within you. Confessing anything to her is not at all difficult. From mental state to the career point of view, she is a great counselor and a great human indeed.
I would say Dr. Meghna Bansal does absolute justice to her profession. She didn't make me feel different but rather normal. She makes you feel better about your self. One must consult her as she not only provides you with solutions to your problem but also teaches you how to have a positive outlook for life.
The experience was great. She made me feel comfortable and listened to my problems patiently giving an affective solution. I didn't even feel like i was talking to a counsellor as she treated me like her friend. She has a positive outlook towards life. I would definitely recommend y'all to consult her.
She is a wonderful psychologist and has a unique way of tackling the problems. Her solutions are simple yet affective. She just knows how to make you feel better. I recommend her strongly to everyone out there seeking for a psychological help. She is the one to be consulted without any doubt.
The experience was great. She listened to my problems with alot of patience, and treated me like a friend. She gave me solutions for my problems, guided me to do the right thing and even cheered me up. It didn't feel like I'm talking to a counselor. Dr. Meghna is one of the best counsellors.
She is undoubtedly the best counselor in the city. My experience with her was amazing. She patiently listened to whatever I said and helped me in every way she could. You won't even feel you're sitting in front of a doctor. She treats everyone as equal and talks to them as a friend.
Amazing level of understanding and comfort you'll be offered by Dr. Meghna. It has always been a pleasure to get her company. Immediately people feel rejuvenated. Hope to see Dr. Meghna flourish more and reach out to people who are in need of mental and emotional help.
Dr. Meghna Bansal is a great counsellor and the very best in town. She listens to the problems with utmost attention and gives such great advices that sure to make a positive impact in your lives. She is the best one you could opt for!
Best Psychologist i have ever come across. The attention she gives to the person is remarkable. A magician in totality. i was awarded an all together new phase of live to live and all thanks to Dr. Meghna Bansal.
Dr. Meghna bansal is the best counsellor. She is the best listener. She gave me the best advice so that I could be stress free. Talking to her was like talking to my friend. Very friendly and very genuine person.
Dr Meghna Bansal is a great doctor . Her solutions are best and affective .she is very calm and patient. I am glad I consulted her . I will recommend Dr Meghna Bansal to everyone who needs counselling.
Her treatments are really effective. She is a calm listener and observer which makes the treatment really effective. I will recommend Dr. Meghna Bansal to everyone who needs counselling. :)
Dr. Meghna is surely one of the best. She was so helpful and patient with me. She was just like a friend to me. Her advices are workable and are highly effective. Really a great doctor!!
Life is full of suprises . This is one person who changes your outlook your perspective on life alltogether. She creates a safe place n sticks with you in your difficult times .
Dr. Meghna is an amazing human being who is always full of life, this makes her a very successful professional in the field of psychology! Good going Dr. Meghna, we love you!
You had a hectic week and by the time weekend rolls in, all you just want to do is kick back and sleep. But in the blink of an eye, the weekend’s gone and you feel stressed because you wasted it. The weekdays are all about your work and the weekends should be about you. So, here are some tips to de-stress your weekend:
- Do some yoga: Yoga is a relaxing and calming activity. So bring out your yoga mat and stretch or meditate. You would feel your stress levels dropping immediately!
- Hang out with an old friend: Call up an old friend and go check out that new café you have heard so much about. Unwind over a cup of lazy afternoon coffee and you would be surprised how happy you feel afterwards.
- Sweat your stress out: If yoga isn’t your thing, hit the gym and sweat it out by doing some cardio or playing your favourite sport. Being active prevents heart diseases and helps you lose weight while making you happy and relaxed as well!
- Potluck dinners: Host a dinner where every one of your guests brings something to eat thus, cutting down on your stress of preparing a lavish spread. And you get to socialise in plenty too.
- Trying new recipes: Read an interesting recipe somewhere over the week? Why don’t you try it out this weekend? Cooking or baking can be great therapeutic activities.
- The importance of being idle: Do nothing or pick up a book, watch a movie to relieve your stress. This is your “me” time, so do what you want to relax.
- Long walks: Not only it is a good thing for your heart, walking is amazingly de-stressing. So when you do your errands this weekend, walk instead of driving everywhere.
- Sitcoms: A good laugh can help you relax. So put on your favourite comedy show, or check out the show your friend recommended.
- Limit your chores: Don’t spend all your weekend doing chores, instead do all of them in the mornings so you can keep your afternoons free. This will keep your mind blessedly unoccupied.
- Prepare a to-do list: Yes, the last thing you need to do is prepare for the work week ahead, but making a to-do list can be relaxing, especially if you have a lot on your mind. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Does the fear of the exam get your heart racing? Does a tensed feeling grip you as you are about to make that big presentation to the board? Feeling anxious and worried is a common reaction is such situations. It is, however, different, when anxiety moves to the level of a disorder that debilitates you from living a normal life.
Types: Different type of anxiety disorders include
a) Generalized anxiety disorder: People suffering from this disorder generally have a persistent fear or worry of everyday matters. Will you manage to get to office on time? Will you be able to make the money you need? Will you be able to get sleep tonight! -All of which are valid thoughts which convert into an anxiety problem if you dwell on them too long and too hard.
b) Phobia: This is the largest category in anxiety disorders characterized by the fear of an object, person or situation.
c) Panic disorder: The unfortunate part of this disorder is a panic attack that can be triggered by an object of fear or an intense situation which can cause the person to have difficulty in breathing, tremble, shake and often disable them for anything between 10 minutes to a few hours.
d) Agoraphobia: Want to escape from the room but your feet won't cooperate? That's agoraphobia -a fear linked with panic disorder which makes you feel trapped.
e) Social anxiety disorder: Most of us may have experienced a form of this fear when we had to go on stage for a performance or speaking assignment. When it escalates to become a disorder, the fear manifests itself with physical symptoms and sometimes aggravates to social isolation.
f) Post traumatic stress disorder: This is the aftermath of being in a traumatic situation like combat, natural disaster, rape and hostage situation.
Anxiety disorder is a mental illness. It is not a result of personal weakness, a character flaw, or poor upbringing. Though exact causes are unclear, scientists say that disorders are caused by a combination of factors, including changes in the brain and environmental stress. Drugs, alcohol abuse, certain medical conditions and genetics are also possible triggers for anxiety disorder.
Anxiety disorders are often 'caught in the act' during a flare up or a high stress situation when the victim is unable to cope with the situation. Standardized screening clinical questionnaires such as the Taylor Manifest Anxiety Scale or the Zung Self-Rating Anxiety Scale can be used to detect anxiety symptoms, and the need for a formal diagnostic assessment of anxiety disorder may be suggested.
Treatment: It generally includes lifestyle changes, medication and therapy. If you are looking for help for an anxiety disorder, book a private appointment with us. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a psychologist.
Every individual experiences anxiety in some form at some point of time. One suffers from an anxiety disorder if one experiences dogged, unrealistic worrying about everyday life. One is said to experience panic attack if the abrupt attacks have symptoms like racing heart, nausea, tremors and intense fear. A panic attack is a sudden rush of overwhelming anxiety and fear. The heart pounds and breathing becomes difficult. If ignored and untreated, panic attacks can lead to panic disorder and may cause one to withdraw from normal activities.
With a little mindful attention and practice, one can reduce or eliminate the symptoms of a panic attack, manage anxiety, and prevent attacks from occurring in the future and regain control of life. If one is having a panic attack, then the aim is to calm oneself at the moment by breathing deeply. This would reduce the stress and provide oxygen to the brain to help one focus. Hold your breath to start with and reduce the feeling of choking and then begin to breathe slowly. Inhale through nose and exhale through mouth till one notices a difference in muscle relaxation and clarity of thought.
During a panic attack, your thoughts are often jumbled up. This is due to the fact that one's heart rate has kicked off and breathing is in high gear, muscles are tensed and blood flow is constricted. One should try to focus on one's senses and should distract the mind from fear through different mental diversions. This can be as simple as reciting the lyrics to your favourite song or poem until one has calmed down a bit. It is important that one should make sure not to distract by leaving the situation that has caused the panic. One must ride out the panic attack at the same place else one will likely associate that place or situation with fear triggering future attacks.
Try to practice progressive muscle relaxation by slowly going through body and tensing and relaxing each muscle group. It relaxes muscles as well as forces one to concentrate on something other than fear. Although, if one want to reduce the anxiety, don't ignore it. One should try stop anxiety producing thoughts and replace them with images of something that brings you happiness or peace. Using guided image of a place where one feel at peace and relaxed, reduce one's experience of anxiety. Further, add details to the scene, so that one is focusing the entire mind on imagining it.
Taking care of one's physical health will help take care of mental health. Healthy exercise and diet habits will help you manage manage anxiety. Getting an body active, especially through aerobic exercise, releases chemicals that are responsible for increasing ones feelings of peace and happiness. Stimulants like as caffeine and nicotine worsen existing anxiety and dependence on them can increase feelings of stress and anxiety when one don't get enough of it. Eat a balanced diet with plenty of lean protein, complex carbohydrates like whole grains, and fresh fruits and vegetables and avoid processed and high-sugar foods. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist and ask a free question.
Anorexia nervosa is a type of eating disorder, which falls under the category of psychological disorders. The patient becomes extremely thin and has an unreal perception of body weight. This unreal perception involves a fear of becoming fat. The primary symptoms are fasting, an aversion for food, obsessive thought about weight loss etc.
Here are the usual treatments for anorexia nervosa according to the progression of the disease.
- Medications: The first thing your doctors will do is prescribe medications to make sure that the patient has come back to a health condition, which is stable. This is because anorexia causes heart problems, depression and osteoporosis among other physical complications. The doctor will be giving separate medications for all of them. Once you start feeling better, the doctor will stop giving you medications. Sometimes medication also has to be given for malnutrition or starvation if the disease has set in far too deep.
- Counselling: The primary type of counselling, which will take place is nutritional counselling. Dietitians can help you with this, as they teach healthy eating patterns and know how to make you follow it therefore, this is a crucial part of the recovery process which should not be neglected.
- Therapy: Firstly, therapy and counselling are different treatment procedures. The main difference between the two is the focus of the treatment. Therapy is done by psychologists who help deal with what causes your hate of eating and try to eliminate these mental issues while counselling is done by counsellors who are there to help sort out your eating disorders.
- Nutritional rehabilitation: This is a more serious form of counselling. The counsellors generally try unconventional methods at this stage to make sure that you are eating properly and will eat properly in the future. This is because by this stage the progression of the disease is more serious and weight has to be gained immediately.
- Starvation treatment: By this stage, nutrition has to be given in the form of fluids and you will be having severe health problems all of which need medication. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.
The problem of early childhood trauma refers to disturbing experiences that take place in children during 0-6 years of age. The traumas that young children experience can be the effects of natural disaster, war or accidents or that of intentional violence like sexual abuse, domestic violence or physical abuse.
What Does this Condition Impact Childhood?
Traumatic events have a significant impact on your child's life and can break his sense of safety. The problem has been linked with a decrease in the size of the brain cortex. This is the part of the brain that controls several complex functions like thinking, consciousness, memory, attention, awareness, and language. The changes that occur as a result can affect your child's IQ as well as his or her ability to control emotions. As a consequence, he or she may harbor feelings of danger and become more afraid or it may manifest in other personality issues which are not very obvious.
How do you identify this condition?
Generally, children who suffer from traumas face problems in regulating their emotions and behaviors.
They may display signs like:
- Fear of new situations
- Being clingy to their parent(s) or somebody close
- Become easily frightened
- Display aggressive and/or impulsive behavior
- Display deterioration in behavior and functioning
- Easily forget newly attained developmental skills
- Difficulty in sleeping
Depending on the age during which your child may go through a traumatic event, he or she can exhibit signs relevant to his or her age.
Children aged 0-2 years may also display reactions like poor verbal skills, memory problems, excessive temper, experience nightmares, etc.
On the other hand, children aged 3-6 years can face difficulties in learning as well as develop poor skill and learning disabilities, face problems in social interaction, may be unable to trust people and so on.
If this condition remains unattended or unresolved for longer, it may create personality issues and can deeply impact the individual's relationships, or equations in the society, as they grow up and even after they become adults. In fact, many behavioral problems can be traced back to childhood trauma.
Related Tip: What Really Causes Personality Disorders?
Cliched words do not work anymore. If you are really interested in winning a girl’s heart, then you need to learn how to make a girl laugh!
Researchers from University of Kansas elaborately studied the effect of laughter on girls and indicated that romantic connection is stronger when a girl and a guy are spotted laughing together. Check these facts.
1. Signals Intelligence: Cheesy lines might be at best be overwhelming, while other ways of wooing a girl might be old school! But humor is a sign of intelligence and therefore, you can woo a girl by making her laugh, unintentionally letting her know that you are intelligent.
2. Depicts happiness: Unconsciously, we associate laughter with future happiness. So, if girls meet someone they can laugh with, it would mean that the future relationship is going to be full of fun and cheer. Jeffrey Hall, associate professor of communication studies at University of Kansas revealed that romantic attraction is stronger when there’s laughter involved.
3. What women like: Laughter makes women happy. Those who participated in the research also revealed that those who were funny and humorous seemed more attractive.
4. Why laughing is important: Laughing releases endorphins, which makes people happy, signals intelligence and at the same time leads to better production of hormone, while reducing stress. Perhaps that’s why women prefer men that make them laugh.
So, it’s true! Go for a man who makes you laugh! Humor not just points to future happiness, it also reflects a sociable and agreeable personality. Men can make jokes, share humorous stories or simply smile. After all, shared laughter is the path to a long-lasting, happy relationship!
Should we forcefully do something when. We are not in a mood to do it. For example:-i am running with my exams I had been concentrating for first four and for 5th one i am not able to concentrate and no mood at all if I even forcefully try to study I am not able to, what should I do? Please help.
I am 28 Years old. My Problem is When i'm speaking I am fumble. People are not understanding when I speak. I am repeating everything twice. Please give me a valuable suggestion.
Hi. I am 29 year old man. My problem is unnecessary I think to much. I dont know why. Can you give some tips. Thanks.
Know your strengths and weaknesses.
Accept compliments and compliment yourself.
Use criticism as a learning experience.
Try to stay generally cheerful and have a positive outlook on life.