Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi ShankarYour feedback matters!
What is Monogamous Relationship?
You (who have been tested for STD/STIs and don't have any) are having sex with only one partner (who also has been tested for STD/STIs and doesn't have any) who only has sex with you. And you both keep it that way!
Stated another way, you are both STD/STI free and only have sex with each other. People of any sexual orientation can engage in monogamous relationships. The only thing implied by the term monogamy is that the relationship consists of two people who are romantically and/or sexually exclusive. Theoretically, outside of abstinence, this is really the safest type of "safer sex" that you can have.
Celebrated on 1st December of each year, World AIDS Day, aims to spread awareness about HIV / AIDs. It is an STD wherein, HIV stands for human immunodeficiency infection and AIDS stands for acquired immune deficiency syndrome. The disease hinders the immune system in keeping up our body’s security against sickness. HIV causes individuals to end up wiped out with infections that regularly would not affect them and HIV leads to AIDS.
Understanding the Symptoms:
HIV has few or no signs or symptoms for up to ten years or more before side effects of AIDS tends to manifest. There is no cure for HIV/AIDS, yet treatment is accessible. A few people have HIV symptoms not long after being infected. These include:
- There are a few phases of HIV illness. The primary HIV side effects may include swollen glands in the throat, armpit, or crotch.
- Other early HIV symptoms incorporate slight fever, headaches, exhaustion, and muscle throbs.
- These symptoms may keep on going for just a couple of weeks. At that point, there are typically no HIV indications for a long time. That is the reason it can be difficult to know whether or not a person is suffering from HIV.
The symptoms of AIDS show up in the most advanced phase of the HIV disease. These are as follows:
- Along with a severely damaged immune system, a person with AIDS may likewise have thrush. A thrush is a thick, whitish covering on the tongue that is brought about by a yeast infection and now and then joined by a sore throat.
- Serious or repetitive vaginal yeast infection.
- Pelvic inflammatory illness.
- Serious and frequent infections.
- Unexplained fatigue that might be followed by headaches, dizziness.
- Loss of more than ten pounds of weight that is not because of physical exercise or consuming fewer calories.
Risk Factors: There are a lot of ways in which you can get the infection. HIV is transmitted through blood, semen, vaginal fluids and breast milk. The most well-known ways in which HIV is spread, are:
- Having sexual intercourse without a condom with somebody who has HIV/AIDS.
- Using needles or syringes that have been used by someone who has HIV/AIDS.
- Being punctured with a needle or surgical instrument that has been contaminated with HIV.
- Getting HIV blood, semen or vaginal discharge into open injuries or wounds.
- Babies born to women with HIV/AIDS can get HIV from their mothers during birth or from breastfeeding.
There are numerous ways in which you can protect yourself from HIV. These are as follows:
- The most secure way is to limit the number of sexual partners you take on.
- Try to have safer sex and always use protection.
- Get your partners tested for HIV.
- HIV tests are a typical piece of social insurance.
In case that you think you may have been infected by HIV, talk to a specialist or a doctor about testing. Discussing what risks you might have taken can help you choose whether testing is ideal for you. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hello doctors can I be pregnant even if I have not missed my periods. I did pregnancy test at home it shows negative.
If I am taking ipill always after sex. Kya hm future me kbhi pregnant ho paenge. Kya ipiil ke karn mere health me affect hoga?
She has missed her m c which was on 6th March. She is pregnant but suffering from cold for last 2 days. What should she do to become healthy? We do not want any harm to baby.
I love a girl more than me and she too. We also date 2-3 times. We are going to marry in next 2-3 year but the only problem is that her age is 1 year more than me. She is 20 and I'm just 19. Is there any problem in future physically or sasexually or any other problem in our relationship? Sir please help me.
Dear drs, Am working in abroad for the last 5 years. My marriage was before one year, we lived together only 30 days on that month. We tried for a babe but was failure. So this time I bring my wife abroad for a 3 month visit. My wife have pcod. Last June 15th doctor advised for a abdominal and pelvic scan. From the result doctor said that there is no normal ovulation happening. Wife have 150 cm height and 56 kg weight, so doctor given metformin tablet and told us to try. After 6 months of her food control and exercise she got 56 kg from 62 kg. And got periods regular for the last 4 months but this month 4 days late. Before yesterday found a brown color spot from the inner wear only one time, the very next day started the period bleeding and vomiting and headache also. For a baby how can we overcome these problems kindly help as soon as possible. Thanking You.
Its 7 months after my delivery. Will past natal belt work for reducing tummy now? Mine was a c section delivery.
2. Intake of Junk Food
3.Lack of Exercise
Eating nutrient rich but low fat Diet helps in solving major problems.
Dear doctors. My wife has diagnosed with IT since last Dec. Her platelets count is 5000. And last 2 months she is taking wysolone 50 mg but due to this she got wt and body pain. Her platelets not increasing. What she will do.
Hello doctor. I had unsafe sex with my husband. and I take unwanted 48 after 45 hours. Is there any chances to become pregnant? and there is side effect?
Here are the 4 reasons as to why you need to make watermelon your companion this season:
1) A well of water - With around 92% of water trapped in that green melon ball, one can never be thirsty or dehydrated when consuming watermelon. It is a perfect source of hydration. Watermelon is full of good electrolytes, and these electrolytes can help you prevent heat strokes in summers.
2) An all-rounder - Watermelon is a hydrator, a fruit and a vegetable. Yes, you read that right. Watermelon is a fruit as well as a vegetable. It can be traced back to the cucumber family known as Cucurbitaceae. Not to forget the rind, this can be consumed as well.
3) The Multi-tasking Rind - Don’t we love a multi-tasker? Well, the watermelon rind is one of them. The watermelon rind contains citrulline which makes arginine, an amino acid, which is responsible for making proteins which lead to relaxation of blood vessels. The citrulline also leads to less muscle fatigue which therefore allows you to extend your workout sessions. And with only 1.8 calories in 1 inch cube of watermelon rind, it is a must to make some place for it, in your diet or daily meals.
4. The fertility seeds - Watermelon seeds contain more lycopene than raw tomatoes. This matters because lycopene acts as an antioxidant which stops the free radicals from making any damage to cells and immune system. Lycopene is not only good for your face but also helps in improving male fertility.
Take Away - Who says, money cannot buy health? You can buy a watermelon! So, when are you buying health? And making it your companion this season!
If you have any further questions on Ayurveda, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.