Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhu Srivastava
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
Menopause automatically brings about a dip in testosterone and estrogen levels in a woman’s body. It leads to certain changes in the body and also reduces libido. A drop in libido means that sexual arousal becomes a cause of concern. This can bring in certain problems in your sexual/conjugal life. Lower estrogen levels reduce supply of blood to the vagina, thus resulting in lubrication problems. A dry vagina during sexual intercourse can lead you to experience pain during sex.
To remedy lubrication problems, use water soluble lubricants to lubricate your vagina. Avoid using non-water soluble products such as petroleum jelly as it can weaken the latex. Non water soluble lubricants are also known to aggravate bacterial vaginosis. You may also use vaginal moisturizers to address the issue. There are oral medications that are available, which cause the tissues of the vagina to thicken, thus causing less pain during sex.
Improving your libido
You can opt for estrogen therapy to reduce pain during sex as this therapy helps in vaginal lubrication. The main objective of estrogen therapy (Hormone Replacement Therapy) is to ease the discomforts associated with a deficiency of estrogen secretion in the body. You should consult a professional who will be able to guide and counsel you.
Certain other measures to rev up your libido have been listed below:
- Indulge in foreplay: Try and include activities such as oral sex and erotic massages in your agenda. Experimentation with foreplay can help spice things up between you and your partner.
- Try out new things: Change your sex poses, read erotic books or watch erotic videos as these may help in boosting your libido.
Bear in mind that menopause does not prevent STDs; you still need to take proper precautions before engaging in sexual intercourse. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I have bilateral cystic ovaries. Sometimes I have spotting in 12th or 15th day after my mensuration is complete. Otherwise I don't have any problems mens you ration normal and no pain but a little pain occurs 1day before mensuration and starting day of mensuration after that normal. My question is can these bilateral cystic ovaries affect me from getting pregnant anyway. My age is 26yrs.
What is Obesity and how to confirm that?
The most often asked questions in this context are- what is a normal acceptable weight, when does one get labelled as overweight and what is the definition of obesity? Another important question we often get asked is- what’s the difference between being overweight and obese?
In very simple terms, what a physician evaluates to check for obesity in a person is a simple index known as “body mass Index” or BMI. BMI can be calculated by simply dividing the person’s body weight in Kg by the square of person’s height measured in meters. BMI is measured as Kg/m2. Following are broad guidelines for detection of obesity-
1. BMI of < 18.5 indicates that the person is underweight
2. BMI between 18.5 and 24.9 indicates that the person has got normal weight
3. BMI between 25 and 29.9 indicates that the person is overweight
4. BMI of > 30 indicates obesity
How does Obesity affect fertility?
Excessive body weight in women causes multiple hormonal imbalances, which can result in irregular menstruation and reduced frequency of ovulation, thus leading to infertility. Also, the outcome of Infertility treatment in obese women is poorer than in their normal weight counterparts. Obesity also increases the chances of pregnancy related complications such as miscarriage, pregnancy induced hypertension and gestational diabetes and hence increases the requirement offers cesarean delivery. And not to forget that the labor is that much harder and prolonged for obese women.
Obese males also suffer from reduced fertility as they tend to have lower level of testosterone, which suppresses sperm production. Obesity can also case erectile dysfunction in men, which can result in reduced fertility.
What can you do?
Here are five easy weight management tips to help you realize your dream of having a child-
1. Watch your meals- take a healthy diet and avoid excess carbohydrates and fat
2. Watch your beverages- drink adequate quantity of water, avoid soft drinks as they contain empty calories and refrain from alcohol
3. Stop smoking and keep in mind that there is nothing like occasional/ moderate smoking
4. Exercise regularly and maintain a healthy, active lifestyle- short sessions of brisk walking, swimming, jogging or skipping are good means to keep one active and healthy
5. Avoid stress and practice Yoga/ meditation or other stress buster techniques that suit you
If you want to know more or seek an expert opinion, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Pregnancy and childbirth are matters of great importance in a woman’s life. A woman needs to be taken care of and made the centre of attention during this phase. The set of rules that are prescribed in Ayurveda are very important for pregnant women. They give you detailed information about the Vichara (thought process), Vihara (lifestyle) and Ahara (diet) which are recommended to be followed at various stages during the pregnancy period. The general guidelines that are recommended to be followed during pregnancy are:
- Maintain a healthy, mild, easy to digest diet
- Keep your food timings regular
- Keep your mental health constant and keep yourself happy
- Avoid foods that are spicy or contain too much oil
- Do not engage in sexual intercourse, intense work out regimen during pregnancy
- Try to avoid negative feelings and general feelings of discontent
- Do not cover your abdomen with heavy blankets
- While wearing your clothes, do not tie tight knots over your abdomen
- Do not change sides during your sleep without getting up
- Avoid sleeping on your back and sleep on your sides
In Ayurveda, the guidelines to a healthy pregnancy are given in accordance to months.
- First month: A mixture of natural supplements such as khajoor, draksha, vijari and manooka are taken with milk. This mixture is consumed through most of the time. In the first twelve days of pregnancy, drink a mixture of ‘Salaparni’ herb with milk. This mixture should be made in a vessel of precious metal (silver or gold). Also, avoid getting massages during this time and delay that until your fifth month.
- Second month: The mixture of the natural supplements with milk is continued.
- Thrid month: Drink the above supplements with milk, honey and ghee.
- Fourth month: The same mixture is consumed with milk and honey,but the ghee should be replaced with butter.
- Fifth month: The supplements are continued and along with it, gentle oil massage is started. Take bath with lukewarm water every day and continue this regimen until delivery.
- Sixth month: The fifth month regime is continued
- Seveth month: An itchy and burning sensation on the breast and stomach may be felt during this time as the foetus grows in size. It is recommended to eat in small quantities, have sweet things with ghee or oil to make it easy to digest. Salt intake should be kept at a minimum. Avoid drinking water right after a meal.
- Eighth month: Rice is made into a paste and is consumed with milk and ghee.
- Ninth month: The eighth month diet should be followed along with oil massages. Massage oil on your belly and genital areas. Hygiene should be maintained to avoid infections. Lubricate your vagina with a cotton ball dipped in oil to provide a smooth passage when the baby is born. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I have lost all my pregnancy documents while travelling what should I do The given of my delivery is 28 Sept 2017.
Dear doctor I have one doubt, how many times sex for avoid aids, or I have to sex with how many girls from avoidance of aids without protection.
There are many kinds of conditions and symptoms that require different kinds of surgery for treatment as well as diagnostic management. One such procedure is called a laparoscopy or the laparoscopic surgery. This is a surgical diagnostic management procedure that is known to be a low risk process with minimal invasion and suitable for various types of ailments. Read on to know everything about laparoscopic surgeries.
- Definition: A laparoscopic surgery is one where small incisions are made and an instrument called a laparoscope is used in order to take a look at the organs in the abdominal region. This tool is a long tube shaped one that comes with its own high intensity light and a high resolution camera that can easily move along the walls of the organs while the camera sends back imagery that will be displayed on a video screen in front of the doctor. This avoids the need for an open surgery and helps the doctors in getting samples for a biopsy on an outpatient basis.
- Need for Laparoscopy: This procedure is performed when the patient complains of persistent pain that is also sharp and shooting, in the abdomen region and surrounding areas like the pelvic cavity. This non-invasive method helps in diagnosis where other imaging methods like an ultrasound and CT or MRI scans would have failed to give a conclusive reason for the pain and suffering of the patient. When these tests do not supply enough reason for proper diagnosis, then the doctors usually resort to this kind of procedure.
- The Organs it can be used for: The laparoscopic surgery can be used for many organs including the appendix as well as the gall bladder, the pelvic region and the reproductive organs, the small and large intestines, the spleen, the stomach, the liver and the pancreas.
- What all can it Detect: The laparoscopic surgery can help in detecting a number of issues including any abnormal growth or mass that may be a tumour. It can also point at the presence of any disease in the liver, as well as the proper functioning of certain treatments. Also, it can show the amount of fluid that may or may not be present in the abdominal cavity and the extent of cancer's progression in the body.
- Risks: There are a few side effects or risks of this method including fever, chills, swelling, bleeding or redness of the site where the incision was made for the surgery, and shortness of breath. All these symptoms must be reported to the doctor immediately as they may point at the presence of an infection. Also, there is a risk of organ damage in this procedure.