Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhu SrivastavaYour feedback matters!
It's here! summer! a time for picnics, swimming, beaches and lots of sunshine. So what can you do to make sure that you have a healthier summer? Ayurveda recognizes that the patterns found in nature can also be found within our bodies. We are constantly interacting with nature and as the seasons change so do our bodies. That means what you were doing in the winter and spring, may not be what your body need in the summer.
To understand what happens to your body during the summertime, you must first understand the characteristics of the pitta dosha, which is the dominant ayurvedic dosha (please read vata- pitta -kapha the three bio-energies notes from our page) in the summer. Pitta is the dosha responsible for transformation and is associated with our digestion, assimilation, and metabolism. And just like the sun, pitta radiates lots of heat and energy. The heat is associated with a good healthy metabolism and a good appetite. But when it goes out of balance pitta people tend to get overheated. This can make you feel easily irritated and angered as well as make you vulnerable to inflammatory conditions, food allergies, and skin rashes, especially with too much sun exposure.
The pitta dosha has specific qualities such as hot, oily, sharp, spreading and liquid. These qualities are manifested as specific physical characteristics in pitta individuals who are in balance. Hot represents a strong, healthy appetite. Oil can be seen as soft, supple skin. Sharpness manifests as a strong intellect and an active mind that is able to solve problems and stay organized. Spreading can be seen as the desire to create and be involved in many projects, which is why pitta people are often popular with others. Liquid is an aspect of pitta which allows for easy transportation, and that is why pitta individuals often tend to sweat easily and have multiple bowel movements a day.
So how does this tie into summer balance? summer is usually the hottest time of the year with the sun being the closest to the earth. This increases the pitta within us all. But if your pitta was already out of balance, you will have tendency to have more health problems during the summer. The first signs of excess pitta that I typically notice in myself are more irritability and greater skin sensitivity to the sun. In the summer time, pitta individuals may start becoming more aggressive, break out in rashes, have worsening heartburn or stomach pain, catch a 'summer' cold, suffer from worsening allergies, get heat stroke, and get more headaches as the weather gets warmer. But just because you have too much pitta doesn't mean you can't enjoy the summer. You just need to take some healthy precautions to prevent your pitta from getting out of balance
The key to keeping pitta balanced in the summer is easy - just chill out! here are few easy ways to keep your pitta nice and cool.
1. Spend less time in the sun. Avoid doing hard work during the hours between 10 am and 3 pm, which is when the sun is the hottest. When you go outdoors, keep your head covered and drink lots of fluids.
2. Avoid hot foods, spicy and fermented oil. Diet is the most powerful way to keep pitta cool. During the summer avoid foods that increase the heat in your body such as chilies, vinegar, oily foods, fried foods, fermented foods, salt, cheese and sour foods. In place of these items, eat foods that have a cooling effect on your body such as sweet, watery fruits like melons and mangoes and green leafy vegetables.
3. Try rose-petal preserves. They're a wonderful, tasty treat that will help you cool down your heart and mind. You can spread them on bread or just eat them straight.
4. Get a coconut-oil massage. It'll help to draw out excess heat from your body. Just rub coconut oil over your body and let it absorb for 5 minutes before your shower. You can also rub it on your feet at night especially if your feet start to burn at bedtime.
5. Have some fun! pitta individuals can sometimes get too serious and caught up in their head. Do your best to balance hard work with some relaxation time with family and friends.
6. Go for a swim. Swimming is the best exercise in the summer. The cool water balances out the excess heat inside your body.
7. Make my favorite summer drink! try freshly squeezed watermelon and cucumber juice with a hint of rose water.
8. Yoga - do sheetli or sheetkari pranayam and this wil have a cooling effect on the body.
9. Topical remedies for soothe sunburn -
- Apply aloe vera cream. Or if you have access to an aloe vera plant lightly rub a piece o the plant (after cutting it, open and taking out gel) on the sun burn area.
- Coconut oil is effective for soothing the sun burn skin.
- Apply tikta ghrita topically.
- Take gauze pad dip into cool cow milk and apply it directly to the sun burn area. If you have no milk available, use a cloth and dip in cool water, but milk is better.
- Pulverize some lettuce and apply the pulp directly on the sun burn area.
- Make a paste of sandalwood and turmeric by mixing equal amount of these herbs with a little cool water. Apply gently to the sunburn area it will have a cooling effect.
You have a great opportunity to be in harmony with nature by learning to balance your lifestyle, diet and activities with each season. This helps you to understand yourself better year round and keep you feeling great all the time.
Have a great summer!
Sir my younger sister is of 18 years old and she is been committed for around 3years and 3 months so she wanna have physical relation with her guys so can she hav e it safely without any one knowing bcoz people usually say that when you have it for the first tym den you can not walk for 2-3 days and suddenly the shape of your body changes.
I got married before 6 months. Daily we are doing sex except period days. Then why I didn't get pregnant. After sex the sperm will come out in 10 to 20 minutes. Is there any problem to get pregnant? When will I get pregnant as soon as possible.
I feel ictchness in my rectum due to worms. Im planning to conceive so which deworing tablet should I take.
Madam, Periods are stopped since Two Years.My age is 26 years.I am having Two childrens.My weight is 94.Doctors telling Pituatory gland problem.What is the solution for coming periods regularly.Thyroid is normal.
Cucumbers are scientifically known as Cucumis sativus and belong to the same botanical family as melons. Cucumbers have not received as much press as other vegetables in terms of health benefits, but this widely cultivated food provides us with a unique combination of nutrients. At the top of the phytonutrient list for cucumbers are its cucurbitacins, lignans, and flavonoids. These three types of phytonutrients found in cucumbers provide us with valuable antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer benefits.
Health Benefits of Cucumber
1. Protect Your Brain
Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that appears to play an important role in brain health. In addition to improving your memory and protecting your nerve cells from age-related decline, fisetin has been found to prevent progressive memory and learning impairments in mice with Alzheimer's disease.
2. Reduce Your Risk of Cancer
Cucumbers contain polyphenols called lignans (pinoresinol, lariciresinol, and Seco iso lariciresinol), which may help to lower your risk of breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate cancers. They also contain phytonutrients called cucurbitacins, which also have anti-cancer properties.
3. Fight Inflammation
Cucumbers may help to 'cool' the inflammatory response in your body.
4. Antioxidant Properties
Cucumbers contain numerous antioxidants, including the well-known vitamin C and beta-carotene. They also contain antioxidant flavonoids, such as quercetin, apigenin, luteolin, and kaempferol, which provide additional benefits.
5. Freshen Your Breath
Placing a cucumber slice on the roof of your mouth may help to rid your mouth of odor-causing bacteria.
6. Manage Stress
Cucumbers contain multiple B vitamins, including vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7 (biotin). B vitamins are known to help ease feelings of anxiety and buffer some of the damaging effects of stress.
7. Support Your Digestive Health
Cucumbers are rich in two of the most basic elements needed for healthy digestion: water and fiber. If you struggle with acid reflux, you should know that drinking water can help suppress acute symptoms of acid reflux by temporarily raising stomach pH; it's possible that water-rich cucumbers may have a similar effect.
Cucumber skins contain insoluble fiber, which helps add bulk to your stool. This helps food to move through your digestive tract more quickly for healthy elimination.
8. Maintain a Healthy Weight
Cucumbers are very low in calories, yet they make a filling snack (one cup of sliced cucumber contains just 16 calories)
9. Support Heart Health
Cucumbers contain potassium, which is associated with lower blood pressure levels. A proper balance of potassium both inside and outside your cells is crucial for your body to function properly.
We had sex around 7-8 days back. Now she is bleeding and having lower abdomen pain. Already her normal period was over before 7-8 days of the day we had sex. Now does this symptom shows the signs of pregnancy? Or its normal menstrual bleeding? She is affected with polycystic ovary.please help
One of the Gyn Doctor proposes to consume Gestofit 100 capsules twice a day at 6th week of pregnancy. Is it safe and really helpful. Please let me know how it is useful and works. Thanks in advance.
Getting to be intimate with someone is a great feeling as you can get to enjoy and explore each other’s bodies, mind and spirit. However it is also important that you avoid getting infected by sexually transmitted diseases. Although you are probably aware of how to protect yourself in general circumstances, you could be mistakes in the heat of the moment and fail or forget to use adequate protection. Always be safe, never sorry.
The following tips will help you stay safe, each time you have sex and should never be forgotten:
- Single partner and regular testing: The safest way to have sex is have a single partner and to ensure that neither of you have any form of STI (sexually transmitted infections). If you have been with multiple partners before then get yourself tested for STIs and STDs (sexually transmitted diseases).
- Bring your own condom (BYOC): Never rely on the partner to have dams, condoms or lube. It is highly recommended that you have your own supply and the expiration dates should be checked before usage.
- Contraception: In addition to condoms, other forms of contraceptives like cervical caps and contraceptive pills must be utilized to prevent unwanted pregnancy. One should also consider using female condoms.
- Lubrication: Even though friction during sex can help in elevating pleasure levels, it also increases the risks of infection. In order to prevent friction, try to use a lubricants during sex. Oil-based lube should not be used on a latex condom as it may cause breaks within. Water and Silicon based lubricants are better options
- Set personal boundaries: Having personal rules and boundaries around safe sex can be helpful in setting a standard for behaviour. Writing down what one personally approves of and doesn’t is helpful in setting proper boundaries around the concept of safe-sex. In case of a history of sexual abuse, it is important to contact a therapist or somebody close and opening up to them so they can initiate the process of recovering from it.
- Drink responsibly: It is important to consider the limit of alcohol and the people one chooses to drink with. It is also necessary to understand the concept of consent. You should not be or allowed to be pressurized into having sex.
It is important to understand the importance of safe sex and being able to speak up about sex without feeling any shame. Furthermore, it is important to understand your responsibilities in initiating safe sex and it is okay to find it difficult in the beginning. We have cultural stigmatization around sex and it is okay to be uncomfortable in the beginning, but it is equally important to develop the confidence to talk about sexual practices and safe-sex without guilt, shame or the fear of judgement.
Hi I am 32 year old and my wife is 23 year old, We are trying to get baby but not happening as she is not getting pregnancy. Please suggest on this as how to get pregnant. You advise will be highly appreciated.
Sir I am 19 years of boy, yesterday I had sex with a prostitute, I used protection (condom) but later I came to know that condom was busted /cut. After that I was tensed, and later I was feeling like fever, stomach ache, bit headache, bit cough. Sir what shall I do now. I am afraid so much
Hi. I want to know, what should girl do when she get pregnant and 1month had passed unfortunately and she want to do abortion without telling to her family secretly? Tell me about home remedy or some medicine for this problem, please.
How to get pregnant fast? Does eating mangoes affect in process of getting pregnant? Does having Hukkah affect the process?
Is there any baby movement in13 week of pregnancy? Is there any problem with cervix short or closed 13 week of pregnancy?
Oats are known to aid in the process of weight loss. They are filled with fiber and that in itself has been known to promote weight loss. They are the most filling cereal known. Not only do they beat doughnuts and white bread in satiety rankings, but they also outshine eggs and high-bran cereal. They are low in fat which ensures that your diet is just right without any extra fat in it.
Ways to have oats for weight loss
Because oats are known for helping with weight loss and making you feel full for longer hours, it is a great idea to add oats to your weight loss regimen.
Here are ways by which you can have oats to promote weight loss:
1. As breakfast
Mix half a cup of regular unprocessed oats with 1 cup of skimmed milk. Have this for breakfast 3-4 times a week for best results. You can replace milk with water for added benefits.
2. As a healthy meal
Take a cup full of oats, pour half a cup of almond milk or soya milk. Add all your favourite fruits like berries, peaches, apple to it to make it nutrient-rich. This ensures your stomach is full for&nbsp;atleast&nbsp;3 hours.
3. As a delicious snack
Take plain oats, dry fruits, a little water, peanut butter and mix it into a thick dough. Take bread and put the paste inside. Roll it and put in the oven for rolled breadsticks that are a healthy snack option. You can carry them to work and munch on them for your snack cravings.
4. As khichdi
In a bowl, boil water, add half a tsp of salt, turmeric, chilly powder to taste. Also, mix boiled vegetables like peas, carrot, lettuce leaves and finally oats. Stir till the oats are soft and ready to eat. Here is your healthy khichdi ready to eat!
Things to remember
It is important to choose the right kind of oats if you want to achieve desired benefits.
-make sure you buy plain oats without any added flavorings.
-the packaged oats are generally loaded with sugar which adds a lot of calories without any additional nutritional benefit.
-one packet of flavoured oats has around 160 kcal with around 8-10 gm of sugar while 1/3rd cup serving of plain rolled oats enough to make roughly a half-cup of cooked oatmeal has just 102 calories and less than 1 gram of sugar.
-if you switch from flavored oats to plain oats every morning, you can cut down upto 20, 000 calories in a year. This means losing around 3 kg without making any other changes in your diet.
-avoid adding honey, peanut butter and sugary toppings.
-boost your oats fiber content by adding a handful of berries like blueberries or strawberries (25 to 40 calories per half-cup).
So, go ahead and make oats a part of your daily diet to help you shed those extra kilos. Stay healthy, stay happy!