Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. kiran sethYour feedback matters!
I have pain and little swelling in my both knees.Dr advices me to take Folitrax 15mg once a wk and I started tacking med since 25thNov2014. I want to know is this type of Arthritis can get cured completely or I need to take med lifelong. I feel pain on the inner side of knee more than outer side and not able to fold my knee .It hurts.
I have pain behind my knee portion. My knee does not pain. I am not able to run fast or do a sprint. Whenever I stand I have a severe pain in my back side of knee portion. What could be the reason behind this. Please help. Thank You.
Im feeling pain in my backside of my knee when walking since two days. I don't know what to do. What can be the cause and how can I cure this?
Bone issues are very common. From infection to inflammation to injuries to mere old age, bone issues are very common. Arthritis can happen with any of these conditions. The healing of this has two aspects one is to heal and reduce the pain and the second is to address the underlying condition. The range of motion needs to be improved, and further damage to the bones should be arrested.
Ayurveda identifies two types of joint problems, one is due to poorly nourished bones, which are prone to damage and the second is the over accumulation of toxins, leading to joint pain and stiffness. This joint pain would be further aggravated by damp weather.
Ayurveda also believes that the overdose of vaata leads to bone issues. So food items aimed at reducing vaata should be included so that balance is restored. There is more than one component to this healing. Food, lifestyle changes, herbs, and exercise manage bone issues, arthritis and the pain. Let’s see how.
- Food: Eating whole grains, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as a calcium rich diet is very essential for healing bones. Eat freshly cooked food items and include a lot of dairy products.
- Lifestyle: A regular sleep schedule, which is in sync with the biological clock, is very essential. Also eat at regular intervals with the meals getting lighter as the day goes by. Exercise, even in the form of brisk walk, helps soothe joints and keeps them agile.
- Massages: Oil massages like Abhyanga are very essential to prevent joint problems. They also help in reducing toxins, which are quite high in chronic conditions like arthritis. These oils can be applied directly on the joints too to improve lubrication, movement and reduce pain.
- Go anti ama: There is another component known as ama, which is an equivalent of toxins. The diet and lifestyle should be aimed at reducing ama, which gets accumulated with age in the form of digestive toxins. Eat food products that are easy to digest, consume ama reducing spices like turmeric and pepper, avoid daytime napping and exercise regularly.
In addition, the following herbs are known to be beneficial for bone health.
- Ashwagandha: It has rich anti-inflammatory properties, produces effects equivalent to steroids and helps in controlling joint pain and inflammation. Swelling and movement are also improved with its regular use.
- Boswellia: Combined with Ashwagandha, this is another wonder drug that helps reduce bone inflammation. It suppresses release of chemicals responsible for inflammation and helps control pain and swelling.
- Turmeric: One of the most acclaimed anti-inflammatory agents, it releases multiple enzymes and thereby controls inflammation.
So, for bone pain and arthritis, an NSAID is not the only remedy.
I have a knee pain. I have done x-ray and no problem shown in x-ray. But the pain increases when I stand in kitchen for sometime or sit in chair. Pls help.
My dad has severe knee pain nd difficulty in walking from past 3 years. Is knee transplantation a better option. Or its not safe.
I have done with ACL KNEE Reconstruction right leg surgery on 15oct 2016. Now everything is ok. But still I have some problem in walk. Still I dint got strength. What should I do. I do regular exercise.
I can not walk for long. After walkingfew meters I need to sit for a while. My knees pain. My footdosent lift up as it needed to walk and I feel tired. What is the problem wit me. Kindly help.
My mother-in law is having some pain in her knees from past 15 days specially while sitting down and getting up. Her age is 56. She has no other disease. She is fit otherwise. Is is due to age factor or lack of calcium. She visited a General physician he prescribed some medicines from his clinic for 3 days. These medicines only help for limited time then again there is a pain. Kindly reply with what all she should include in her diet to gain calcium and what is the cure of this knee pain. Thanks.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a painful disease of the joints, mostly affecting older people. It mostly results in swollen, aching joints that make movement extremely challenging. Rheumatoid arthritis results in receding and tenderness of the synovial membrane. This leads to a decline in flexibility, causing intense distress, thus hindering daily activities.
Steps to manage the discomfort caused by it
There is no complete cure for Rheumatoid arthritis. The discomfort however, can be controlled to a certain extent with regular exercises, change in diet and medications.
Regular exercise can help in increasing the flexibility, maintaining the synovial fluid between joints that help in lubrication.
Home remedies including use of medical oils to massage the affected joints on a regular basis. In this case, there are several herbal or Ayurvedic oils available, that can provide temporary remedy.
It is important to increase the intake of vitamin D. This can be done by spending a short while out in the sun every day. Vitamin D supplements are also available in the form of capsules.
A decrease in the alcohol consumption is highly recommended to people with bones and joints disorders.
Swimming is an excellent exercise as it causes minimal labour on the joints. It is extremely beneficial to all people.
It is important to lose excess weight, so as to lessen the pressure on the joints. For example, heavy and wide waist structure can affect the knees in the long run. It can help increase your energy level and help you function efficiently.
Smoking and drinking affect almost all organs of the body eventually and lead to a painful death or physical abnormalities. It has been found that overindulgence in alcohol and tobacco can also flare up chances of rheumatoid arthritis.
It has been found that rheumatoid arthritis mostly affects women. Therefore, women need to be exceptionally cautious about their daily exercise schedule and diet.