Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kamini Dadsena
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kamini DadsenaYour feedback matters!
Having Gum problem. It's bleeding while brushing and roots are becoming weak. Pls let me know the best way to come out of this.
I have four yellow teeth, I brush everyday but the yellow stains are not going. Can you please give me some tips to get ride of yellow stains.
How to cure sensation in teeth ie when I eat cold stuff or very hot or very sweet, my teeth pains a lot. Please assist?
Today, the average size soft drink is 20 ounces and contains 17 teaspoons of sugar. More startling is that some citric acids found in fruit drinks are more erosive than hydrochloric or sulfuric acid—which is also known as battery acid. These refined sugars and acids found in soda and citrus juice promote tooth erosion, which wears away the hard part of the teeth, or the enamel. Once tooth enamel is lost, it's gone forever.
- There is a beverage that does not produce such irreversible results. When deciding between the many options available, the best thing to drink to avoid tooth erosion is brewed tea, according to a study in the peer-reviewed journal of the Academy of General Dentistry (AGD).
- Apart from tasting good, brewed tea has many health benefits. Tea is loaded with natural antioxidants, which are thought to decrease incidence of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes.
- One researcher compared green and black tea to soda and orange juice in terms of their short- and long-term erosive effect on human teeth. The study found that the erosive effect of tea was similar to that of water, which has no erosive effect. And, when comparing green versus black, he discovered that there is a better option among those as well.
- When we look at tea and read about the benefits, it's amazing—not because green tea is 'the in thing'—but because there are advantages. Green tea has been identified to being superior over black due to its natural flavonoids (plant nutrients) and antioxidants.
- But, if you do drink tea, experts suggest avoiding additives such as milk, lemon, or sugar because they combine with tea's natural flavonoids and decrease the benefits. In addition, stay away from prepackaged iced teas because they contain citric acid and high amounts of sugars. It does not matter whether the tea is warm or cold—as long as it is home brewed without additives.
Dental anxiety is a widespread problem in populations across the world abstaining them from regular dental visits. Previous studies reported 64% of individuals nervous of dental treatment, with a smaller but still significant number of adults (2.4–5%) classed as dental phobics (serious psychological problem). Surveys completed by the American Association of Endodontists reveals that most people with a fear of the dentist are based on others’ experience and not their own. Being an Endodontist (“endo” – inside; “odont” – tooth), I am compelled to write about Root Canal Treatment given its bad reputation in general. A thorough understanding of what is going to happen is half the battle won.
WHAT IS ROOT CANAL TREATMENT?
Root canal treatment is the removal of nerve and blood supply of the tooth to remove its sensation. A tooth crown has essentially 3 layers- outermost ENAMEL, DENTIN in between followed by PULP (THE INNERMOST VITAL PART OF TOOTH)
As long as decay or trauma or infection underneath old fillings or fracture are restricted to enamel and dentin, FILLINGS are enough. The moment the problem hits the PULP, it is clearly a Root Canal Treatment. Precisely, avoiding a Root Canal Treatment is entirely in your hands by scheduling regular dental visits and getting the required intervention done on time.
NEGLECT STARTS OUT AS AN INFECTION THEN BECOMES A DISEASE.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
- You have severe tooth pain especially on chewing or applying pressure on that side of the mouth
- Excruciating thrombing pain in lying down position
- Tender or swollen gums near the painful tooth
- Lingering pain in your tooth when it is exposed to hot or cold temperatures
- NO PAIN AT ALL
- Tooth appears darker or discolored
- You see a tiny pimple on your gums with intermittent pus discharge.
IS ROOT CANAL TREATMENT PAINLESS?
Every patient undergoing Root Canal Treatment for the first time has invariably enquired about this. While every tooth and every person responds differently, ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IS PAINLESS- before, during and after the procedure when performed by a skilled and experienced root canal specialist.
At Dental Panache, we ensure to invest maximum time and attention is making you numb in a pain free manner. We use topical gels and sprays to make your soft tissue numb before injecting it with very fine needles to ensure minimum discomfort. We also administer long lasting anaesthetic agents for longer appointments. When the local anaesthesia is effective, the whole procedure is absolutely PAINLESS.
Before the anaesthesia effect wears off, we start your antibiotics, painkillers and anti-inflammatory drugs for about 3-5 days to ensure smooth healing and speedy recovery.
HOW LONG DOES THE TREATMENT LAST?
Though root canals can be done in a single appointment (without crown), we prefer to complete the whole process in two appointments to better judge the tooth’s response and manage it effectively. Every appointment typically lasts for 45- 90 minutes. We always give you bite blocks to open your mouth so that you are not tired.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING OR AFTER THE PROCEDURE?
- It is normal to feel tenderness or dull aching pain in the affected area for a few days because the ligament between your tooth and socket may be inflamed.
- Avoid chewing from the affected side till the crown is fixed. A root canal treated tooth inherently becomes weak and is always covered with crown for protection to prevent fracture while chewing hard food stuff.
- A foreign body feeling remains after crown cementation for 1-2 days.
- Start eating only soft food with the crown for the initial few days and gradually start using it like any other natural tooth.
- For long term success, proper oral hygiene habits and regular dental screening are imperative.
WHAT HAPPENS IF ROOT CANAL TREATMENT HAS FAILED?
It usually takes 18 months for a Root canal to FAIL (Before symptoms appear). Root canals can be safely attempted again at least twice with fairly high success rates if done by a skilled practitioner. The success rate of retreatment has been shown to be in the range of 80% healing.
PRESERVE NATURE’S GIFT
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT IS THE ONLY WAY TO SAVE YOUR NATURAL TOOTH (NO DENTIST CAN RECREATE ANYTHING BETTER THAN YOUR OWN TOOTH). If you do not get a proper Root canal treatment done, the tooth may eventually fracture. Studies have shown that well treated root canal fillings will last for many years, if not a lifetime. It is any day better than removing the diseased tooth and getting it replaced by a bridge/implant (depending on prognosis of the case).