Find numerous Psychologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Kalpana UpmanyuYour feedback matters!
I'm a 23 years male. I can't able to concentrate on works. Depressed more easily than ever now. How can I recover this issue?
Doctor is it true that the person I see often in my dream misses us? I mean the person who I dream while sleeping becoz of that person is missing me? She is my ex gf I always se her in my dream.
I read somewhere that anger anxiety stress can darken facial complexion. Before one month someone very close cheated me so badly I was totally disturbed And I was having a mixed feeling anger anxiety but now I realize that I should not waste my precious life for that person. So I want my confidence and Old myself back. I was not dark in complexion but from last One month my face looks so dark and dull I have dark circle also. If it is due to stress or anger than is there anything that could bring me my fare and bright skin back. I don't want any side effects of medicine so I would prefer some homeopathic treatment. please help it is very important for me to GEt my confidence back:)
She's having a boyfriend a strong and long relationship but then she found a friend who started loving her being knew that she's having a bf. My friend told that boy she respect and had a soft corner for him but can't love him after few days her bf got to know her whole day chat and meets with that boy and she stopped everything her bf is with her. She loved her bf allot but sh's not getting it what's there and why she miss her friend. Her bf gives her all time but didn't chat comes online and offline and her that friend keeps online all day chats with her whenever she talk and don't he keeps waiting. She needs help to get out of this situation her bf loves her and she knew the compatibility between them was all perfect but she's just can't stop thinking about that boy her friend what she should please tell?
Sir I have smoking habit. I am smoking since from 4years in future it may kills me or any side effects sir please let me know.
I am 22 years I whenever I go in front of other people I get nervous such as what people will say about me? What they will do? I want to know why these is happening to me? How to remove these fear permanently.
Hello doc. My daughter has hypothyroid. From last 12 years. I too have thyroid. Family history. ANd pcod. Periods are irregular. Age- 25. She is over weight. Height 5.3.weight 75 .i want to get her married. How to loose her weight tried gym. Yoga diet. everything no result at all. Doctor please help. She is mentally disturb now. Due to no result and family pressure.
Sir, I am 18 years old and I am good at study but now-a-days I am not able to concentrate. So tell me something to concentrate my mind and overcome my laziness. As I feel tired all the time.
Is it ok to take one or two anti depression tablet without prescription, if yes then which on? Or any other suggestions regarding this topic.
I am interested to take homeopathic medicine for anxiety. But currently I am having allopathy medicine is it a problem.
I am having pain in my shoulder and feeling some sort of depression and my heart beats more than the normal.
Sleep is an activity where you do nothing, but rest. You relax your body and mind, you rest your bones and muscles and you rest your eyes after a long day of physical exertion. It is extremely necessary for you to get ample amount of sleep to stay healthy.
Otherwise there are various problems which you might have to face if you are lacking sleep:
- Elevates the risk of stroke: According to study, people who get less sleep are more prone to having strokes than those who get enough sleep. If you sleep for less than 6 hours every day, you multiply the risk of have a stroke four times than ordinary.
- Obesity: Lack of sleep can cause obesity. It usually forces you to take erratic food decisions, leading you to eat a lot of junk food. Less sleep administers certain hormonal changes which make you feel hungrier and believe that you haven’t eaten enough food. The production of the hormone ghrelin, which controls your hunger, increases due to less sleep. Hence, it may lead to obesity if you keep eating without keeping a check on what you eat.
- Increases the risk of diabetes: Sleep and the production of insulin are inversely related to each other. Among teenagers, the less you sleep; the more insulin resistant your body becomes. This means the body is not able to use the insulin effectively.
- Results in poor memory: Less sleep causes tiredness. When you are extremely tired, you are not able to focus on anything going on around you, you cannot concentrate on your work, and you get forgetful. In fact, consistent lack of sleep can even cause permanent loss of memory. This is because you are not being able to fully utilize the memory boosting ability of sleep. This eventually causes brain deterioration which results in permanent memory loss.
- Affects your heart: Lack of sleep can have an extremely negative impact on your heart. Less sleep also causes stress and strain to your body and mind. It results in an increased production of certain chemicals and hormones in the body which is harmful for your heart. According to a study in 2011, people who sleep less than 6 hours every day increase the risk of having heart problems by almost 48%.
It is not very healthy to sleep less as it can complicate your daily life activities. Sleep enough and stay healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.