Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Huma
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of HIV AIDS
Treatment of Gonorrhea
Treatment of Genital Warts
Treatment of Fibromyalgia
Treatment of Genital Sores
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Treatment of Urinary Bladder Cancer
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Gestational Diabetes Management
Treatment of Mellitus
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HumaYour feedback matters!
How to increase height without any supplement and also tell me how to gain weight. And my brother's leg is paining without any reason so tell me how to cure it.
I am 30 years old female. I am so slim. My weight is 36 kg. How can I increase my weight. I am not suffering from any disease. I am fit. I am working woman. What should I do?
In my liver present a cyst hytatid positive I have consulted a physician he give me advise for eaten albendazole 400mg that I have eaten. But my sgpt 77 that is not decreasing. I am eating ursodil sr from 8 months. Now what I do and how my sgpt will be down.
continuous dry cough, chest congestion and weakness .please suggest a good medicine for these symptoms.
My Age is 34 year, Weight is 72 kg ,height is 5 ft 5 inch. I have done Blood test on 10 july 2017 and the Result was 1. FBS is 128 mg%,Another blood tests have been done on 18 july 2017 and the results were 1.PPBS was 183 mg/dl 2. HbA1C was 5.6 % of total Hb. And Average of 3 months was 114 mg%. Now I am doing same tests on 25 Aug 2017 (today) and the results are 1.FBS Is 112 mg/dl 2.PPBS is 115 mg/dl 3.HbA1C is 5.9 % of total Hb and average of 3 months is 122.6 mg%. Am I diabetic? Doctor was prescribed me metformin and I have taken it for one month now can I continue it or not?
Festivals without sweets are unheard of in India. Think of Diwali and you’re sure to conjure visions of ‘mithai’, dried fruits and ‘laddus’. These sweetmeats are rich not only in taste, but also in calories. This makes festival food a big problem for weight management. Thankfully, there are ways to have a sweet celebration without putting on excess weight.
Here are a few tips.
- Eat in moderation: It is impossible to completely avoid sweets during this festive season. However, you can keep a check on the amount you eat. Limit yourself to one or two pieces of mithai instead of gorging on them. Avoid second helping of sweets at all costs.
- Pick your sweets carefully: Not all sweets have the same calorific value. Sweets that are deep fried such as gulab jamuns have a higher calorific value than rasgullas. Similarly homemade sweets are usually much lower in fat content than store bought ones. If you are making sweets at home, try replacing the sugar with jaggery to lower the fat content. Eating dry fruits over sweets can also help minimize your calorie intake.
- Do not skip your meals: Eating heavy sweets may make you want to skip your regular meals, but this is a terrible idea. Do not miss out on your regular servings of fruits, vegetables and carbs. Do not replace your normal meals with snacks and dried fruits. If necessary, lower your portion size and have a light soup for dinner instead of your regular meal.
- Avoid sweet drinks: Since you cannot avoid eating sugar, skip drinking sugar. Avoid sweetened drinks such as colas and processed juices. Instead, pick light drinks such as buttermilk, lemonade and jaljeera. Green tea is also a good option during Diwali. If possible, avoid alcohol.
- Stay hydrated: When eating such rich and heavy food, it is important to drink plenty of water through the day. This keeps the body hydrated and helps flush toxins from the body. Drinking water also reduces the urge to snack and can help keep a control over your food intake.
- Eat mindfully: Chew your food and mithai slowly while eating. This will ensure that you thoroughly enjoy it and will keep you satiated for longer. Avoid eating on the go. Mindful eating also reduces the urge to snack excessively and hence controls your food intake.
- Exercise: Do not make Diwali an excuse to not exercise. Set aside half an hour at the beginning of the day to exercise and kick start your metabolism. Breathing exercises such as Pranayam and anulom vilom can also help clear your respiratory passages and help prevent problems sue to the pollutants in the air.