Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Harsh GoelYour feedback matters!
Hello Sir/Madam I am 27 years old. I was having continuous pain in my head from last 3 days. I had visited eye specialist yesterday he said you have to wear glasses. He recommended the power of specs to be ±0.5 on right eye and ±0.5 cyl and ±0.5 on left eye. What should I do so that I can remove the specs. Thanks.
If you’ve ever played Blind Man’s Buff you know how helpless it can feel to be unable to see. While some people are born blind, others lose sight as a result of health issues, accidents etc. Imagine how a person would feel to be able to see something for the first time or to regain their sight?
Every human being with sight can choose to donate their eyes after their death and gift another person vision. When it comes to eye donation, there is no restriction on the person’s age or overall health. Even a person who has had surgery on their eyes can choose to donate them as long as the cornea is unaffected. It is not only noble but the thought of being able to give some a chance to see the world with your eyes can give you immense joy.
However, just a thought is not enough, there are few other facts to be kept in mind before going for eye donation:
- Eyes need to be donated within 6 hours of a person’s death: For your eyes to be viable for a donation they must be harvested within 6 hours of death. Thus, if you choose to be a donor, it is important for you to inform your family and friends of this decision. Eye donation can also be authorized by the deceased’s next of kin.
- Donation does not cost money: There are no costs involved in donating your eyes. Profiting by buying and selling human organs and tissues is a criminal at and can be punishable by law.
- The whole eye is not transplanted: The most common cause of blindness is a damaged or diseased cornea. Thus, only this area is transplanted to enable a person to see. The cornea is a thin, transparent flap located in front of the colored part of the eye. Thus, donating eyes does not disfigure the deceased person in any way.
- Even people who wear spectacles can donate their eyes: Short sightedness or far sightedness are conditions caused by irregularities with the lens inside the eye and do not affect the cornea. Thus these conditions do not interfere with their ability to donate their eyes after death. Even people who have been operated upon for cataracts, retinal detachments or glaucoma may choose to donate their eyes. It is even possible for a person who has received a corneal transplant to donate their eyes as long as the cornea is healthy and clear.
- Corneal Transplants have a high success rate: There is no blood supply to the cornea and hence there is a very low risk of the body rejecting a donor cornea. In many cases, this rejection can be treated and suppressed with medication.
Though over 30,000 corneas are donated and transplanted each year, there is still a long waiting list at eye banks. Thus, it time you take a pledge to make someone else's life beautiful. Do not think twice about donating your eyes and encourage people around you to do so as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
My eyes continulsy emits water and now etching is also started and redness also get occur in it. Wjat to do for tgjis to secure.
2 STENTS due to heart attack 27 months ago. I am diabetic and hypertension patient too. I take medicine for all these. I have very poor vision in one eye despite intra-ocular lenses. In the other eye I have cataract. I am totally dependent on my left eye for reading, walking etc How safe it is undergo cataract operation with insertion lenses lenses.
I have eye power of -2.00 D in both eyes. Recently I have visited eye specialist for consultation regarding lasik, they found I am fit for surgery. They have given me option with either lasik or prk surgery. Should I go with prk surgery? And is there any chances of side effects after getting the surgery done?
Can I improve my eye sight? If improve than how? My point is = -2, I am 18 year old. Please tell both home remedies & medicine to prevent glass. Which is more effective?
Am suffering with cold and eye pain. Wat can I do for escape from this. And my mother suffer with chest pain. What is the best way to solve.
My age is 24. I have a continuous pain eyes, pulsator eyes, running water eyes and low vision eyes (5/6) power. What should I do to get 6/6 power in both the eyes. What are the things I have to avoid. What are the food habits I have to follow.
I am suffering from physical problem. My body is not fit .my eye sight is poor. What should I do so that I can get a good body.
Sir perhaps, I will unable to make you understand yet, I will try, sir my cheek is like a cap and I want to improve my cheek so that I could look like a good i. E I want to say I want to plump my cheek. You have any idea or suggestion for me so that I plump my cheek very well and I could see like a good person. If you able to understand then pls give me any suggestion. thanks.
How to reduce bloodshot from the eye And how to keep eye always white and which food or vegetables, fruits good for eyes?
I am facing some issues with eyes. Don't know exactly what is this. Its some kind of dryness maybe. What should I do?
Hello my name is imli I have a question for you I am suffering from a problem of eyes. I am unable to see clear vision. Please help me out from it. Also having problem to understand dark colored my age is 23 years. Please help me out from it and answer me. What should I eat.
Sir, My wife is suffering from eye disease of high myopia and scarred CNVM since last two more years. After consulting in LV Prasd, Dr. Agarwals's and other eye hospitals, they told me it incurable. Kindly help me and advice me the proper treatment for it. Regards Upendra kumar Biswal.
Did you know that your vision is responsible for around 80% of you sensory input? your eyes are among the most delicate organs in your body. Long work hours in front of the computer and long study hours results in tired and sometimes irritating eye conditions. But help isn't too far. Before you head to the doctor, you can head to your kitchen to look for solutions. There are several home remedies that you can try to not only improve your eyesight but also get rid of glasses and rebuild your vision! here's how you can do it:
1. Exercise: Just like any other body part, your eyes need exercise too. Blinking your eyes rapidly for 5 seconds helps moisturize it. Similarly, cupping your eyes with you palms for 4-5 minutes triggers acupuncture points that helps the eye to relax. There are specific exercises to reduce eye strain, improve blurred vision and enhance reading. Do these as per the specific problem you are facing.
2. Take a break: Follow the 10-10-10 rule when you are on the computer for extended hours. For every half hour of work, take a 10 min break to look at something n a distance at least 10 feet away for 10 seconds. These becomes tricky if you are studying or working in a fast paced environment and easily forget to take breaks. Set alarms that help you know the time so that you can actively plan your breaks. To enhance break time, try to look at greenery during your 10 sec break which helps the eyes relax better. Splash your eyes with cold water to give them a fresh feel.
3. Yoga: Yoga and meditation relaxes your body and mind. It is also a great way to relax your eyes as you get to close them and give them rest. When you close your eyes, you shut out a big chunk of sensory inputs helping your body go from an active reaction mode to a passive action mode.
4. Eat for your eyes: Make sure you add your weekly quota of vision enhancing food in you diet. Carrots which are rich in beta-carotene and vitamin a are great for the eyes. Similarly grapes and blueberries work great to improve your night vision. Green leafy veggies, garlic, shallots, eggs and onion all contribute in keeping your eyes healthy and strong. Cold water fish rich in DHA is an another great food that helps reduce dry eyes and muscular degeneration.
5. Change your lifestyle: Other than exercise and proper nutrients, you need to ensure you get a shut eye for six to eight hours every day to let your eyes fully rest and rejuvenate. As always drink 6 - 8 glasses of water. And don't forget to get regular eye check ups especially if you are a diabetic or have other health conditions that adversely affect your eyes.