Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Harmeet MalhotraYour feedback matters!
I am a 30 year old woman. I am having rashes itching and burning around vaginal area from last 10 days please advise.
Bathing soap vs. Body wash: what's better when you take a shower?
The most important part of skincare is keeping your skin cleansed and fresh. But before that, it is imperative to find the right product for the same. Skin type varies from person to person, and hence finding skincare goods most suited to your skin makes all the difference.
Bathing habits directly affect the quality of your skin, which involves picking the appropriate cleanse; i. E. Choosing between a body soap and body wash. Each has a different set of characteristics and comes with its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Let's find out which one is better for your skin.
Why you should choose bathing soap bar:
- it is more effective in removing dirt through deep cleansing
- it is suited to skin that is excessively oily in nature as it contains ingredients that are highly effective in stripping off excess oil from the skin
Why you should not choose bathing soap bar:
- it tends to strip the skin of its natural oils and moisture, making it dry and flaky
- it is unhygienic in case of sharing between individuals as soaps tend to accumulate the dirt from your skin due to direct body contact
Reasons to pick a body wash:
- it has a very mild and gentle effect on the skin in comparison to soaps
- it keeps the skin moisturized by preserving natural oils
- it is more hygienic than bar soaps in case of interpersonal sharing
- it is the most suitable option for dry skin
Reasons to ditch a body wash:
- it contains a large amount of artificial additives and preservatives that can do more harm to your skin than good, giving rise to allergic reactions in some cases
So, who's the winner of the two?
You must certainly base the choice on what's best for your skin type. Body soap is more compatible with oily skin while dry skin is better suited for body wash. A body wash, however, is much more gentle on your skin.
What are the chances of second time in two years to get shingles (Herpes zoster? I had shingles in 2014, May and treated with Acyclovir, now I am feeling pain right thigh exactly same grade of pain.
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The Ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
My age is 46+, I have hepatic fibrosis, is there any life risk? How I protect my liver? Reduce fatty liver.
Excess facial hair growth in a woman results from a condition known as the hirsutism. The growth in hair pattern is exactly similar to that of an adult male. Areas, where abnormal hair growth is visible, are chest, above the lips, etc. These hairs are dark, but fine in nature. They are more commonly known as peach fuzz.
There could be a number of reasons for excess facial hair in a woman:
- Genetic reasons: Women from the Indian sub-continent or Mediterranean region are more likely to have facial hair as compared to their American, European and East-Asian counterparts. One of the common reasons for facial hair growth is genetics. It is a trend that runs in the family, it is more likely that a woman will get it. There is not much that can be done in this case except managing the hair growth effectively.
- Imbalance of the hormone: Abnormal hormone production can lead to hirsutism. In many cases, there are conditions where female starts producing male hormones leading to abnormal hair growth in the face. One of the most common causes of facial hair growth is polycystic ovarian syndrome (POS). This again is a hormonal imbalance leading to facial hair growth. Even adrenal gland related disorders such as Cushing’s syndrome, Adrenal cancer and congenital adrenal hyperplasia can lead to excess hair.
- Medications: Certain medication can lead to excess hair growth in the face. For instance, the certain steroid such as anabolic can lead to excess hair growth. Minoxidil is also known to cause hirsutism if taken in excess of 1 ml per day. Other medication related to testosterone and cyclosporine can lead to excess facial hair in females. It is advised to follow the doctor’s advice before consuming any of these medicines.
- Androgens: Although androgen is a male hormone, it is present in minute quantities in women too. Facial hair increase is nothing, but the sudden increased production of androgen in a female. Even birth control pills can lead to an increased production of androgen in the body. In these cases, it is very important to seek medical advice.
Treatment and remedies:
One should get medical help at the earliest if one of these conditions matches their symptoms:
- The hair growth is sudden and abrupt.
- One witness male features such as increases muscle, acne and reduced breast size.
- Certain medication has led to the hair growth.
- Usage of shaving, plucking and depilatory cream
- Laser hair reduction procedure shows immediate results in stopping and countering any further hair growth.
- Electrolysis can be tried to permanently damage the follicles.
- Weight loss is another good solution to excess hair growth. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My periods were already late. In that case after how many days of unprotected sex should I check pregnancy test.
My wife had taken regestrone 5mg on monday ie 19th october till friday 23rd octobet twice daily she has not yet got her periods please suggest.
The study found couples struggling to conceive eat less fruit and vegetables than people who have just become parents.
Men who want to become fathers should eat their greens
Fruit and vegetables are good for male fertility because they contain compounds that could protect sperm from damage.
The minerals zinc, found in beans and pulses, and selenium, found in eggs, help keep testosterone levels high.
The antioxidants found in fruits help protect sperm from cellular damage and keep them strong and speedy - just what they need to race through the fallopian tubes and fertilize the egg.
Zinc deficiency can actually reduce testosterone levels; for men with low testosterone - zinc was shown to raise testosterone and increase fertility. Zinc deficiencies are some of the most common deficiencies found in both men and women. Sources of zinc are sesame seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, and green peas. Find vitamin a - which is important in preventing sluggish sperm - infertility foods such as leafy greens, carrots, red peppers, and apricots, to name a few. Get vitamin c - which is critical to sperms motility and viability - in papaya, Brussels sprouts, strawberries, oranges, kiwifruit, tomatoes, grapefruit, and broccoli, among other foods. And get vitamin e - which helps keep sperm vital - from vegetable oils. Fruits and veggies such as leafy greens, beans, and most fruits contain folic acid - a b vitamin with antioxidant properties that's crucial for keeping sperm free of chromosomal abnormalities. Pomegranate juice: another powerful player in antioxidant. Foods rich in l-carnitine are nuts, seeds, and many vegetables, including artichokes, asparagus, beet greens, broccoli, brussels sprouts, collard greens, garlic, mustard greens, okra, and parsley. This amino acid is a necessary nutrient for sperm cells to function normally.
1. You have a positive body image - Dwelling on the size of your thighs or belly de focuses you from pleasurable sensations during sex. In turn, that can affect things like lubrication and the ability to have an orgasm. Exercise—regardless of weight loss—has been shown to boost self-esteem and body confidence.
2. You're not embarrassed to ask for what you want - "Good sex is all about finding your perfect recipe. While you can't expect your partner to read your mind, he or she should be open to learning about and responding to what you want. If you find it hard to express your sexual hopes, you may find emailing or texting your partner about your fantasies is easier than face-to-face declarations of desire.
3. Sometimes you schedule - Scheduling sex is a good idea. Plan your night around it. Get the kids dinner and put them to bed. Then do something to de-stress—like massaging each other or watching a movie together. You'll find it easier to get in the mood after relaxing.
4. Quality over quantity - Whether you're doing it a few times a week or once a month, focusing on a number isn't a great way to assess your sex life. Putting pressure on yourself to have more sex may turn it into another to-do item, which drives down satisfaction. On the other hand, the study authors say traveling to places or going on date nights—opening up natural opportunities to have sex more often—may make it the quality of your sex life more better.
5. You like sex - No matter how many times a week or month you get busy, whether you orgasm, the most important sign is that you enjoy sex. Do you feel closer to your partner afterwards? Are you in a better mood? Those are the questions that really have meaning.
6. You skip pity sex - It's when you have sex because your partner wants to—even though it's the last thing you want. mercy sex is acceptable on occasion, but a steady diet of it can tank your libido by training your brain to think of sex as a work. It's completely fine to turn down your partner in a nice way if you're not feeling like it. But if you do say no, try to be the one who initiates sex the next time to show your partner you desire him.
7. You know when to change things up - In the real world, it's hard to fake your way through sex. If you're not enjoying it, chances are your partner can tell, Most couples find they get stuck in a certain sexual routine, and they may feel less interested in sex if it feels like they're in a rut. Although it requires a little extra effort, switching rooms or outfits or positions are all simple ways to make sex feel fresh again.
8. You're happy together - It sounds simple, but there's a strong link between sexual satisfaction (factors like having interest in sex, feeling good about how often it happens, and infrequent arguments about sex) and happiness in your relationship. Relationship satisfaction fuels attraction, carving the way for better sex. So if you're into your partner, your sex life is probably in good shape.
9. You've got a racy vocabulary - Whether you're sending a flirty text message or whispering something into your partner's ear, sexual lingo is linked to greater sexual satisfaction for both men and women, This is the little things you do to and for each other that keep you physically and romantically bonded.
10. You don't worry about the occasional Highs and lows in your sex life - It's important to have realistic ideas about what a healthy sex life is. Namely, it won't always be passionate and intense, and the frequency will ebb and flow throughout your relationship. If you accept there's no right or wrong way to be sexual, and you and your partner are open with each other about when you're feeling it and when you aren't, that indicates a healthy sex life
Dr. Sharmila majumdar
MS sexuality, M.Phil Clinical Psychology, PHD Cognitive Behavior Modification, fellowship from Mount Sinai School of Medicine in Treatment Resistant Depression
I missed my periods from last 3months I had an ultrasound nd I am not pregnant I jst can not understand wat is d prblm.
I am pregnant, now its 3rd month I am suffering from severe vomtings. please doctor help me I am not able to digest little bit of water also nd nt able to eat anything. Vomtings are sever help me sir/mam.
I am 19years old I had my last period ended on 17th of feb I had a protected sex with my bf on 22nd feb but still I took an I pill within 7 hrs and on 28th of feb I got a bleeding which lasted 2 days and my next period was about to start by 11th march but its 17th march And still my period has not cme I have little breast pain and little vomiting like feeling. Pls help wat is it?
I am 25 years old female I have infection caused by condom since 2013 I am still not cured. Does the infections get cured? Daily white milky discharge is secreted. Please grant solution and help. My weight has also decreased.
Because of irregular periods and heavy bleeding. I have gained 15 kg, just in 4 months. Please give some suggestions to reduce my weight and to regular the menstrual cycle.
Hai my wife is 35 years old. She got laparoscopic surgery on 19 Jan 17. After that surgery she had regular date on 07 Feb 17. On 08 Feb 17 doctor gives Novelon tablet sheet for 21 days. But she used only for 02 days. After that her period occurred on again on 18 Feb 17. After that period till she didn't get any periodical date. Is she chances for pregnancy.
Dear Sir/Madam, Kindly suggest for family planning. I am married since Jan month. My wife want pregnancy after 1-2 year. Please confirm how can i manage it? Can we use any medicine or other option for this? Please advise.
Anorexia nervosa is a type of eating disorder, which falls under the category of psychological disorders. The patient becomes extremely thin and has an unreal perception of body weight. This unreal perception involves a fear of becoming fat. The primary symptoms are fasting, an aversion for food, obsessive thought about weight loss etc.
Here are the usual treatments for anorexia nervosa according to the progression of the disease.
- Medications: The first thing your doctors will do is prescribe medications to make sure that the patient has come back to a health condition, which is stable. This is because anorexia causes heart problems, depression and osteoporosis among other physical complications. The doctor will be giving separate medications for all of them. Once you start feeling better, the doctor will stop giving you medications. Sometimes medication also has to be given for malnutrition or starvation if the disease has set in far too deep.
- Counselling: The primary type of counselling, which will take place is nutritional counselling. Dietitians can help you with this, as they teach healthy eating patterns and know how to make you follow it therefore, this is a crucial part of the recovery process which should not be neglected.
- Therapy: Firstly, therapy and counselling are different treatment procedures. The main difference between the two is the focus of the treatment. Therapy is done by psychologists who help deal with what causes your hate of eating and try to eliminate these mental issues while counselling is done by counsellors who are there to help sort out your eating disorders.
- Nutritional rehabilitation: This is a more serious form of counselling. The counsellors generally try unconventional methods at this stage to make sure that you are eating properly and will eat properly in the future. This is because by this stage the progression of the disease is more serious and weight has to be gained immediately.
- Starvation treatment: By this stage, nutrition has to be given in the form of fluids and you will be having severe health problems all of which need medication.