Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. H S KaushalYour feedback matters!
Alopecia is a medical term used for baldness. There are different sorts of alopecia, including alopecia areata. Alopecia areata is a condition that causes a person’s hair to fall out in patches. It is an autoimmune disease where the person’s own immune system attacks his body, the hair follicles in this case. When this happens, the individual's hair starts to fall out, usually in patches. The degree of hair loss varies from person to person.
Rarely, the person loses all the hair on his or her head (alopecia areata totalis) or whole body (alopecia areata universalis). The person’s genetics may trigger the autoimmune response of alopecia areata, alongside other unknown triggers. For a few people, hair becomes back yet drops out again later. Some people’s hair does grow back. Every case is exceptional. The condition usually occurs when white platelets attack the cells in the hair follicles, making them shrink.
While researchers are uncertain why these changes take place, it appears that hereditary traits are included, as alopecia areata will probably happen in a person who has a relative with the same illness. One in five individuals with the infection have a relative who has also developed alopecia areata. It is also believed that it mostly occurs in people with a family history of other autoimmune diseases such as arthritis or type 1 diabetes.
Alopecia areata cannot be cured but it can be managed in terms of symptoms and hair can grow back. By and large, alopecia areata is treated with medications that are used for different conditions. Treatment choices for alopecia areata include:
- Corticosteroids: These are anti-inflammatory medications that are recommended for immune system illnesses. Corticosteroids can be given in the form of an injection into the scalp or different areas, orally (as a pill), or applied as a balm or a cream.
- Topical immunotherapy: This kind of treatment might be used if the baldness or hair loss recurs. The irritation that the medicines cause may cause hair regrowth.
- Rogaine (minoxidil): This topical medication is now used as a treatment for hair loss. It for the most part takes around 12 weeks of treatment with Rogaine before hair starts to grow back.
A few people with alopecia areata use alternative therapy to treat their condition. These may include:
- Herbal supplements
- Wearing covers (wigs, caps, or scarves) to shield the head.
- A number of people with new-onset alopecia areata have had stress in life, for example, work, family, deaths, surgeries and accidents. Nonetheless, this has not been proven as a cause scientifically.
- Applying sunscreen to shield uncovered areas or patches from sunburns.
- Wearing shades to shield the eyes from the sun if the eyelashes have dropped out.
I am 41 years old house wife, and post hysterectomy 13 years back, now having hypothyroidism, current test shows TSH is 17.48 uIU/ml. T4 5.8, T3 107 ng/DL. Now I have tiredness, hair loss, body ache. My doctor given 50 mg thyronorm tab 1 for every day. Can you suggest food habits and other controls for speedy recover, and future of my life.
She has fallen from chair she can not bend down and can not sit n the back bone is paining so much what remedies she should take.
He has a micro penis & he wants to go for phalloplasty . Will it solve his problem & can make his married life ok.
I am 53 years of age and sudden weight loss of 3 to 4 kg in two month. Blood test has only ve bacteria and after treatment it is found to be nil still no recovery of weight. Sometimes in anus itching will be there what should I do?
I was not able to sleep properly at night. And I woke up at 3 at morning everyday. Even after that I was not able to sleep properly. And I never use phone for long time at night. why does it happen.Please tell.
I have ALPA syndrome for that I took heparin injection daily. Once the person is in ALPA means baby weight is not good after 7 months.
I did so much time ultra sound but report is normal only folicals showing nd my periods also not come regular after take tablet then only it comes wat I do?
I have continuous hair fall regularly over 3 months. Even I try many siddha method to cool my head. Is there any solution?
Hello Mam, I'm 23 years old girl and my height is 5'6" but my weight is only 44 kg and it's stable from last 8 years. I really want to gain weight as fast as possible. Please help me for this. Please give me a diet chart for weight gain.
I have dark circles problem for last 5 yrs I used many creams but all did not well only lighting the skin but still dark circles under eyes. Improvement show but dark circles not clear.
Most people are aware that smoking is bad for their health. Smoking is linked to cancer, heart disease, respiratory disease, and a host of other illnesses.
What men might not know, however, is that smoking can also lead to erectile dysfunction (ed). Studies have shown that men who smoke are more likely to develop ed. And the more a man smokes - both quantity and duration of time - the worse his ed tends to be.
The good news is that quitting smoking can help restore erections. Let's look at this relationship more closely.
When a man is sexually stimulated, his brain sends signals to the penis to trigger an erection. Smooth muscle tissue relaxes and arteries widen, allowing the penis to fill with blood. When enough blood flows in, veins constrict to keep it there until the man ejaculates (or the stimulation stops). Then the veins open and blood flows back into the body.
As you can see, blood flow is critical for a good erection. Blood is what gives the penis the firmness needed for sex. When blood flow is compromised, so is the erection.
Smoking tobacco releases chemicals that interfere with this process. This can happen in a few ways.
- Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis). Chemicals can damage the lining of blood vessels, making it difficult for blood to flow into the penis.
- damage to smooth muscle tissue. When this tissue can't relax properly, blood flow becomes impaired.
- decreased nitic oxide.Smoking interferes with the body's production of nitric oxide, a compound needed for erections.
- Other health conditions, like diabetes and heart disease, can contribute to ed, too. If you're having erection problems, it's important to have a full checkup with your doctor. But quitting smoking definitely, can't hurt.
Quitting smoking should make you feel better overall. You'll feel good about yourself knowing that you've taken an important step toward better health - and possibly better sex!