Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Gunjan Gupta
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Gunjan GuptaYour feedback matters!
Maintaining your hair is probably one of the most tiresome things because hair needs a lot of attention and if you choose to ignore it, it gets all messy and scruffy, thus making it all the more difficult for you to maintain it any further. There may be many gels and lotions in the market that promise you the best and most shiny hair, but you know better because all of us have been there. The moment you stop using the gels, your hair turn into a larger version of a swallow's nest and you are left with the eternally perplexing question, what should you do to your hair to maintain their health? Well we thought we could help you with these hacks.
Comb wet hair with a lot of care and as much time as they require. The reason for this is that wet hairs are very fragile and are prone to damage. They can break pretty easily. So experts suggest you to comb them from their roots with a comb that has widely spaced teeth.
Every 6 to 8 weeks, trim the outermost edges of your hair. This will help you avoid split-ends and also keep your hair in a fairly good shape. Also trimming may help you cut out the grey hair that is likely to show itself distinctly if not taken care of.
If you use conditioners for your hair, make sure that you wash it off using cold water. Cold water helps your hair avoid shocks that can otherwise be felt because of the hot water. Thus it is safe to say that cold water helps your hair maintain its strength in such conditions.
Sulphate shampoos have made their way in the markets recently and their popularity has surged to quite an extent. Sulphates clean your scalp of all the dirt, but at the same time they also wash off all the essential oils in your hair, so experts suggest that sulphate free shampoos should be used as much as possible.
If you have dry hair, it is suggested that you avoid colouring your hair. The reason for this is the fact that dry hairs are likely to get damaged to a great extent if you dye them.
Finally, do not do anything that would impart heat to your hair, like straightening or ironing them. Heat damages your hair in the worst manner. If you follow these simple tricks and tips, there is a good chance that your hair may seem to be all the more wonderful and better than ever, and make every day of yours a good hair day! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
As we age, the fat volume on our face slowly starts decreasing. This results in the skin hanging loose and sagging down. Wrinkles also appear on the surface of the skin. This phenomenon is purely natural and happens to every human being with age. Maintaining freshness and everlasting youth is quite a tough task. Loosened skin does not look good and cuts down your appeal. However, there are some natural ways of skin tightening, which may make your skin maintain its tightness for a longer time period. Nowadays, surgeries for skin tightening are popular, but sticking to natural means is always best for your body.
Here are some common ways of skin tightening:
- Facial Masks: Facial masks are effective in removing extra oil from the skin. Accumulated dirt on your skin pores is also cleansed by using facial masks. They are pocket friendly and as an outcome, you look fresh and glowing.
- Facial Massages: Good quality moisturizers and special lotions are good for skin tightening. These have to be massaged onto your face in a circular pattern. Due to rubbing of the lotion on your skin, it reaches the inside and provides nourishment. You should preferably apply these creams or moisturizers before going to bed as new skin cells replace existing ones during the night time. The skin is very delicate and proper care must be taken.
- Exercise: Exercising on a regular basis is a healthy habit and it also helps in skin tightening. Women in their pregnancy stages, experience sagging or loosening of the skin. Inversion exercises help in increasing blood flow to a great extent and are recommended for tightening of facial skin. Performing a headstand rejuvenates skin cells. This is because, while doing a headstand the blood flows in the direction of your head.
- A balanced diet and plenty of water intake: If you want to maintain tight skin tissue, a proper balanced diet is quite essential. Your diet should comprise of every vital nutrient. Ensure that you are including a sufficient amount of proteins, minerals and vitamins in your diet. Fresh fruits and vegetables account for natural skin tightening. Fibers must also be consumed. Intake of plenty of water is very important for healthy skin. You should drink more than 4 liters of water a day. In case of hot and humid days, the amount should be increased even more.
If you maintain the stated points in your life, you will be able to naturally maintain your skin tightness and keep away from surgery.
Skin diseases like psoriasis, eczema, vitiligo, and irregular patches are major cosmetic concerns. Therefore, to even out the skin tone, there are various options available, and phototherapy is one of the most important ones. Phototherapy, as the name suggests, involves the use of light waves to treat these conditions. What happens is that when the light is targeted at the affected area, then the underlying skin layers react to form a new skin and the condition is thereby treated.
The skin has a top layer known as epidermis and underlying layers known as the dermis. The inner layers contain collagen and other tissue, which are essential for new skin formation. The light waves act on this underlying layer to treat skin disorders.
What is narrow-band UVB?
The laser light used in skin treatment usually 290 to 320 nm. The narrow-band refers to the use of 310 to 315 nm, which is believed to be the most effective for treating skin disorders. This narrow spectrum produces less redness and light of greater wavelengths, which is most effective.
Benefits over regular wavelength therapy:
- Reduced exposure time of the lesion to UV light
- Quicker response
- Reduced duration of treatment
- Reduced recurrence
Duration of treatment: Depending on the extent of the lesion, the exposure to UV light can be regional or to the whole body. Regional is when only a part of the body is exposed to the radiation. The whole body is when the person is made to stand in a chamber that has lights emitting the radiation for seconds to few minutes. Depending on the condition and severity, repeat sessions are planned with intervals to allow for skin recovery. A psoriasis patient may require about 15 to 20 treatments for complete relief.
Indications: The following skin disorders are usually treated with narrow-band UVB phototherapy.
- Psoriasis: Compared to regular phototherapy, the narrow-band produces less redness and reduced recurrence.
- Vitiligo: UVB is proven to be effective and safe, producing reduced repigmentation and stabilization of the condition.
- Atopic dermatosis: Phototherapy is being tried instead of steroids to treat atopic dermatitis, and the results are very promising.
In some cases, light is also used in combination with topical therapies like tar and other steroid creams.
Side-effects and precautions: Generally very safe. Only if taken continuously for years can result in signs of aging. Patients requiring long-term treatment running into years, a gap of about 2 to 3 months should be given after a year. Also, regional therapy is preferred to a whole body treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Acne is a disorder which is characterized by small red bumps on the skin or occluded pores in the skin such as blackheads. It can make people conscious of their appearance and result in low self-esteem and anxiety. It usually affects people who fall in the age group of 12-25, but sometimes older people also get affected.
There are various factors that makes the skin prone to acne. Acne occurs when overactive sebaceous glands (glands that produce oil in the skin) produce excess oil and the dead skin cells clog the pores of the hair follicle present in the skin. Inflammation occurs in the clogged hair follicle resulting in acne.
Some causes that makes your skin prone to acne are:
- Diet: Following a proper diet is a key factor in keeping your skin healthy. Food usually doesn't cause acne directly but can cause other problems such as greasy skin that are linked with acne. However, foods high in iodides such as seaweeds consumed over time can cause acne.
- Stress: Stress is another major cause that makes your skin prone to acne. When the body is stressed, it produces excessive testosterone (a sex hormone) resulting in excessive oil production. Stress also impairs the immune system of the body so that it becomes vulnerable to acne.
- Cosmetics: Some cosmetics (usually oil based) tend to clog the pores of the skin which may result in acne. Using harsh cleansing agents can dry and irritate the skin. Also, gentle washing of the skin is recommended to avoid breakouts.
- Hormones: Changes in hormonal balance can cause acne especially in the beginning of puberty. In some cases, women are affected by acne when the menstrual cycle stops. The acne caused by hormonal changes may also be genetic in nature.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Freckles are not always unwanted. While some people can't stand them, a few people find them cute. However, everybody loves clear skin and to achieve that it is essential to bid farewell to freckles. Freckles are tiny brown spots that are caused by an increased production of melanin in the skin cells.
People with sensitive skin are more prone to freckles than others. If you're looking for a way to get clearer skin, here are a few remedies to help you deal with freckles:
- Use sunscreen: The first step towards fighting freckles is to prevent them. Freckles are a result of exposure to the sun and hence using a good sunscreen every day is a must. Choose a sunscreen that fights both UVA and UVB rays. The more your exposure to the sun, the higher the amount of SPF needed.
- Bleach them with lemon juice: Lemon juice is the best form of natural bleach. Apply freshly squeezed juice or bottled lime juice onto the skin and leave for 15*20 minutes. Do this twice a day to see your freckles fade. Along with bleaching the skin, the citric acid also helps tighten the skin and makes you look younger.
- Increase your intake of vitamin C: Vitamin C helps lighten the skin. Apart from the limes and lemons, kiwis, tomatoes, bell peppers and papaya are good sources of vitamin C.
- Use sour milk and sour cream: Sour milk and sour cream contain lactic acid that inhibits melanin production and lighten the skin. Wash your face with sour milk three to four times a day. You may rinse your face with water a little while after each sour milk wash. Apply the sour cream on your face as a mask and leave on for 15*20 minutes. This will help your skin absorb the lactic acid.
- Mask them with honey: Apply a mixture of honey and warm water over the freckles. Let it sit for a while and then rinse with lukewarm water. Follow this by rinsing your face with cold water. Alternatively, you could try a mask of honey and yogurt. Leave this mask on for at least half an hour.
- Try a fruit peel: Along with eating them, you could also put fruit directly on your skin to fight freckles. Blend fruits like strawberries, papaya, pineapple and cucumber and apply it on your face. As it dries the top layer of skin sticks to the fruit and is peeled off. With repeated use, you will notice your freckles fade away.
The joys of growing old are often marred by the horrors wrecked on the body. But there are a few simple but time-tested ways to prevent the signs of aging.
1. Start Early.
By your mid-twenties, make it a regular habit of using collagen creams before going to bed and always carry a scarf with you cover up against the grime and dirt when out on the road.
2. Drink Water By Gallons.
Drink at least 2 liters of water every day to flush out those toxins. Toxins are a result of environmental pollutants (smog, smoking, junk food etc.) and hormonal imbalances caused by behavioral stress, undue anxiety etc. These toxins hinder normal functioning of the body cells. The body then tries to send out visible signs that all is definitely not well within and you notice the sudden appearance of dark circle, wrinkles, grey hair, excessive dryness, white spots, pigmented patches on your face amongst other such tragedies…
3. Get Regular Massages.
Regular massages help stimulate the lymph nodes and even the body’s central nervous system which will not only benefit your skin but your overall health.
4. Eat Consciously.
‘You are what you eat,’ and these days, more than ever, the age old adage seems to be ringing true for the larger group. Eating nutrient rich foods help to eliminate the free radicals from your body, leaving you feeling energetic and fresh even at the end of a long day.
5. Stay Stressfree.
Keep that pesky new age problem called “stress” at bay. Learn the principles of effective time management to take decades off your lovely features
6. Keep Mind Over Matter.
Often in the quest for physical beauty, we forget that there can be nothing is more beautiful than the human mind and that the key to everlasting youth lies within a happy and healthy mind.
There is nothing more meaningful in life, than trying to understand the meaning of life itself. When you find that calm within, you will reflect it on the outside as well. Meditation is nothing but mindfulness. Whatever activity you are at, do it with complete concentration and at all times maintain an upbeat and positive attitude, remembering that if there is a problem at hand then the only way to really solve it would be with a calm mind.
Exercise to remain fit and healthy and don’t believe in any fad diets that will do you more harm than any good. Exercise also releases endorphins, which are often called the “Happy Hormones!” Those who feel good, look younger.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.