Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Charu TyagiYour feedback matters!
I have a poor eyesight, but i'm doing ok without wearing spectacles. Will it damage even more if I do not use spectacles?
I want to know PRK surgery fee, process & precaution before & after operation. As I have been denied for LASIK surgery due to less cornea thickness (490&480 in right & left eye respectively) Is PRK better alternative option for vision correction for me? My eye power is -4.50. In both eyes, eye power is constant from last 2 years and my age is 24 years.
Hello. I am 17 years of age male. I am using my smartphone regularly most of the time. How to take care about my eyes?
This is one of the common thing in our family that during changing seasons my eyes waters a lot. Why? Please help me.
I have abnormal swelling in my right eye lid which aches. It turned red since yesterday. What should I do?
Dear Dr. I am 63 years old. I am having twitching in my left eye for the last many years. I was prescribed neurobion and I was used to get relief. But now taking neurobion regularly gives me no relief. I also had light flashes in the left eye and for that I am taking eye drops system Ultra and Megabrom and for eye flashes I have some relief. But heaviness and twitching in the left eye is not going.
I'm suffering from Eye sight My sight is +5.0 I'm wearing eye classes it's difficult to maintain I want to improve my sight and get rid of glasses what should I do.
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
Hello good morning sir. I have problem in my eyes. I feel water in my eyes. Can you suggest my. What should I do. Thanks.
Mera sar piche se bahut dard karta tha. Sath hi right eye se kuch der k liye dikhna band ho jata tha or phir aakho ke saamne ajeeb si daanedaar aakratiya banne lgti. Jyada roshni ya aawaz se sar me or tez dard hota tha. Or roshni or aawaz us wakt bardasht nahi hoti. Phir bahut ultiya hoti thi. Ye sab lagbhag 3 saalo tak chala. Phir sirf sar me dard rehne laga. Sar ka pichla hissa bahut dard karta hai itna jada ki baal bhi nahi baandh pati hu. Dr. Mai ye janni chahti hu ki jo pehle ultiya mujhe hoti thi or aakho se dikhna band ho jata tha unka mere sardard se kya talluk hai. Or mujhe kis tarah ka sardard hai. Ye kyu hota hai. Or mai kya upaay karu.
The cornea is a highly organized and advanced tissue present in the eye. It is one of the few tissues in the body that doesn't contain any blood vessels. It nourishes itself from the aqueous humor (or tears). The cornea has three different layers with two membranes embedded in it. Every membrane has its own set of functions.
Here is a list of 10 important facts about the cornea and corneal diseases:
- The cornea plays a pivotal role in helping the eye to focus on the light rays that enter it. Approximately 70 percent of the focusing power comes from the cornea. The cornea, along with the lens, is responsible for reflection and refraction in the eye.
- The epithelium is the outermost layer of the cornea. It restricts the entry of foreign particles into the eye and absorbs oxygen. This membrane is followed by the Bowman's membrane. The third layer is known as the stroma. It is responsible for the eye's elasticity and strength. The fourth layer is called the Descemet's membrane. This is a protective layer that safeguards the eye from any injury. The last layer is known as the endothelium. The primary task of this layer is to pump excess fluid into the other layers of the eye.
- Tears play a key role for an eye to function properly. Tears have three layers, namely lipid, aqueous and mucin. It helps the eye to heal any possible wounds and infection.
- The cornea, for the most part, heals by itself. Deeper injuries of the cornea can result in vision loss. Some of the common symptoms of corneal diseases are light sensitivity, pain in the eye, redness and reduced vision.
- The most common of eye allergies are caused due to pollen. This often happens when the weather is dry or warm. Some common symptoms include burning sensation, redness, tearing and stinging.
- The eye encounters a condition called 'dry eye' wherein the quantity of tears reduces, thereby creating a problem for lubrication. An ophthalmologist should be immediately consulted if this condition is encountered.
- Corneal dystrophy is a condition that clouds the cornea. It is a gradual progression and often affects both the eyes. It is usually inherited and can affect healthy individuals as well.
- Keratoconus is an eye condition that thins the cornea over a period of time. It is mostly prevalent among young adults. This condition results in changing the shape of the cornea and development of an outward bulge.
- Shingles is a recurrence of the viral infection caused by the Vatic El - La Zoster Virus. This virus has the capability to remain dormant inside the eye. It can become active after many years of dormancy and affect the cornea by travelling through the optic nerve. Doctors mostly prescribe an oral antiviral treatment to avoid inflammation.
- Some advanced treatment for corneal diseases includes corneal transplant surgery, anterior lamellar keratoplasty and endothelial lamellar keratoplasty