Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Internal Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ashwani Johri
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Treatment of H.I.V
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Liver Problems Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (Ibs) Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Ashwani JohriYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It has been quite some time that i was suffering from diabetes. I was shocked to experience the symptoms. entire M B Lal Memorial Clinic was spotlessly, clean. He is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call him in case of emergency. Ashwani Johri is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems. I am so happy that I chose therAshwani Johri for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. The overall outlook of the M B Lal Memorial Clinic was very nice.
Even though my problem was very big, the entire experience of undergoing kidney disease treatment was very relaxing. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my kidney disease. The atmosphere in the M B Lal Clinic is always so positive and full of life. He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. Dr Ashwani with great ease handled my serious case.
My skin health was degrading day by day due to which I was quite worried. I consulted Dr Ashwani, Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself. I am quite benefitted with his traetment. He is very professional and is a really patient listener. The complete process of skin health treatment was so painless and quick, and i am so relieved that I chose to consult im.h
I was in so much pain due to my hepatitis B treatment My boss referred me Dr Ashwani Johri. He has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases.. They took very nice care of me, i never felt that I am in the Clinic. The overall outlook of the M B Lal Clinic was very nice.
The headaches was increasing day by day.A friend of mine referred to Ashwani Johri. I am so happy that I chose Dr Ashwani Johri for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. The overall atmosphere in the M B Lal Memorial Clinic is very soothing. Overall headaches treatment was very effective.
Due to my sensitive bladder i was suffering from number of problems. I chose to consult Dr Ashwani. He is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. The friendliness of staff is the best in the clinic. I am so happy that I chose him for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine.
He is very patient with all his patients. I was in so much pain due to my kidneydisease. Dr Johri has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the M B Lal Memorial Clinic is so nice.
Lung diseases are some of the most common diseases suffered by human beings throughout the world. Smoking and infections are responsible for most lung diseases. The lungs perform one of the most important functions of the body. It is also one of the most active organs in the human body and hence lung problems can arise due to problems in any other part of the body.
Some of the most common and infectious lung diseases are discussed below
Asthma is a common long term disease which is characterized by reversible airflow obstruction and bronchospasm. The symptoms of asthma include coughing, shortness of breath and tightness of chest. These symptoms may occur frequently during a day and depending on the person, it may become worse during night or during a certain exercise.
Pneumonia is another common lung problem which is suffered due to inflammation in the microscopic air sacs in the lungs known as alveoli. Symptoms of pneumonia include dry cough, chest pain, breathing problem and fever. Pneumonia is caused most commonly by viruses or bacteria. It is also caused by certain medications and conditions which are popularly known as autoimmune diseases. There are a number of vaccines available to prevent certain types of pneumonia. Other methods include hand washing and refraining from smoking.
Tuberculosis is a very infectious disease which is caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Although tuberculosis generally affects the lungs, but it has been known to affect other parts of the body as well. Symptoms of tuberculosis include cough containing sputum with blood, night sweats, fever and weight loss. Air is an active medium for spreading tuberculosis. This happens when people who already have tuberculosis sneeze, cough or speak. Infection occurs more in those who have HIV/AIDS or those who smoke. Prevention of tuberculosis includes staying away and keeping those who are at high risk, early detection and treatment and vaccination.
Mesothelioma is a type of cancer which affects the lungs. It affects the lining of the lungs and chest wall. Symptoms of mesothelioma include shortness of breath, swollen abdomen, cough, chest pain, weight loss and general lethargy. Mesothelioma is caused mainly due to exposure to asbestos. Those people who mine asbestos, produce products from asbestos, work with asbestos products are at high risk. Mesothelioma also results from genetical problems and due to infection caused by the simian virus 40.
5. Pulmonary Embolism
This is a disease caused due to blockage of an artery in the lungs by a substance which has travelled from another part of the body by the bloodstream. Symptoms of this disease include chest pain, breath shortness and coughing up of blood. There may also be signs of blood clot in the legs. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Diabetes is an acute ailment that can badly affect your heart, eyes, nerves, kidneys and feet. Therefore, it is important to understand how these organs and components are connected and how diabetes affects them. This will help you to follow your treatment procedure more thoroughly and improve your health condition more effectively.
Beginning of Health Ailments from Diabetes-
When diabetes in a person is not properly regulated and maintained, the blood sugar levels rise up and this syndrome is called 'hyperglycaemia' or high blood sugar. The way sugar particles stick to each other when they are left uncovered for some time, blood vessels within human body also get stuck with sugar in the blood and make it difficult for blood circulation. Over time, this causes a severe damage to blood vessels connected to kidneys, heart, lungs, eyes and nerves.
Diabetes affecting all the major parts of the body-
Having uncontrolled blood sugar for a prolonged period of time can damage the tiny vessels around the eye causing vision troubles and eventual blindness. High levels of blood sugar in the blood vessels that supplies oxygen to the brain, and heart can develop a fat deposit around them leading to stroke and heart attack. Nerves in the human body serve the function of messengers that carry impulses from different body parts to the brain and vice versa. Having high blood sugar levels can damage blood vessels that carry oxygen and blood to all parts of the body. With the passage of time, nerves can get choked, and they may stop sending pain impulses to the brain.
Diabetes or high blood sugar levels can be detrimental for your feet as well. It mostly harms feet in two possible ways- firstly, it can damage the nerves and their functionality which, in turn would stand in the way of feeling pain as well as other problems occurring in your feet.
Secondly, diabetes leads to poor blood circulation, which makes it nearly impossible for sores and infection around the feet to heal. Once the healing process stops, it can even pave the way for amputation.
Lastly, diabetes is equally detrimental for kidneys, which are the filters of the human body. Kidneys are filled with miniature blood vessels, and high blood sugar can lead to clogged vessels, which disturb blood circulation. Once the kidney does not get ample oxygen and blood, lesser amounts of fluids are taken off the body that may subsequently lead to kidney failure.
Therefore, it is time to build awareness and lead a healthier lifestyle to keep diabetes under control, and a good physician will be able to guide you better on this. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Haemoglobin is a protein rich in iron and is found in red blood cells. The main function of haemoglobin is to carry oxygen throughout the body. In other words, it carries oxygen from the lungs to the other parts of the body so that the cells can carry on with their basic functions. It also carries carbon dioxide back to the lungs from those cells so that this gas can be exhaled.
Haemoglobin is important for maintaining a healthy life. The normal levels of haemoglobin in human body include:
• 14-18g/dl for adult men
• 12-16g/dl for adult women
Foods that improve haemoglobin
- Consume iron-rich food products: According to National Anaemia Action Council, lack of iron is the most common cause behind low haemoglobin levels. To improve iron content in your blood, you can take asparagus, tofu, almonds, oysters, fortified breakfast cereals, liver, red meat, shrimp, spinach, dates and lentils. However, consult your doctor for the right intake, as too much consumption of iron may be harmful for your health.
- Improve your vitamin C intake: Absorption of iron is improved if vitamin C is taken in adequate quantities. Lemon, tomatoes, papaya, oranges, strawberries, bell peppers, broccoli, grapefruit, etc. are some of the fruits that are rich in vitamin C. In fact, if there is a deficiency of vitamin C in our blood, haemoglobin levels go down. You may also take vitamin supplements to improve haemoglobin in your body, but consult a doctor first.
- Focus on food items rich in folic acid: This acid is basically vitamin B complex, which is required to make red blood cells. Food products that are rich in folic acid include rice, liver, breakfast cereals, sprouts, dried beans, wheat germ, peanuts etc. A diet comprising 200-400 milligrams of foliates is enough to supplement your Vitamin B needs.
- Include beetroot as a part of your diet: Rich in iron, folic acid, fibres and potassium, beetroot helps in augmenting haemoglobin levels. Drinking beetroot juice daily increases the iron content in your red blood cells.
- Have apples: They are rich in iron and if you have an apple daily, then your haemoglobin level will improve significantly. If possible, take a green apple with its skin. Apple juice mixed with beetroot juice has a marked effect on haemoglobin levels. You can also add some ginger or lemon juice to this mixture and have the concoction twice a day.
- Eat blackstrap molasses: This food is rich in iron, vitamin, folic acid etc. and improves the haemoglobin level in your blood. Take 2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses and apple cider vinegar each, mix them in a cup of water and drink this concoction once a day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
After eating a meal to your heart’s content, it is very normal to burp or belch. However, it is normal only when it happens occasionally, or after a meal, for someone used to a contented meal every single time. On the other hand, excessive burping or belching can happen due to two reasons.
- Excessive air intake: There are multiple ways that excessive air can reach the food pipe. Sucking on straws, chewing gum constantly and ill-fitting dentures are some common reasons for burping.
- Digestive problems: Ulcers in the stomach, prolonged gastric, gallstones and rarely, esophageal or stomach cancers can also cause burping.
When to see a doctor
Check with a doctor if you have persistent burping, followed by a meal or otherwise, and accompanied by the following symptoms.
- Go slow when eating and/or drinking: Most of us are pressed for time and eating and/or drinking has now become a task that needs to be finished quickly. Eating fast causes air to be swallowed, and therefore one of the best ways to stop burping is to eat slowly. Sitting in a calm, relaxing environment when eating also allows one to enjoy the food and avoid or stop burping.
- Avoid taliking while eating: There is always so much to catch up, whether at home or outside. So, talking while eating is a common practice. This is not just bad manners, but there is also a lot of air that is swallowed, which leads to burping. A solution is to chew the food properly, which not just helps stop burping, but also aids in better food digestion by mixing it adequately with saliva.
- Substitute coke with water: Carbonated drinks are another reason for belching. Replacing them with water, tea, or anything noncarbonated is advisable, not just from burping perspective, but also from the excessive sugar consumption. Carbonated drinks are just sugar solutions, and are absolutely of no nutritive value.
- Avoid straw: When possible, drink from a glass and avoid straws. This reduces the amount of gas taken in and helps stop burping
- Quit smoking: Quitting it has multiple health benefits, and getting rid of smoking is just one of them.
- Dentures: Ill-fitting dentures can be a reason for belching, and so they should be checked and corrected, if required, in a person who has persistent burping.
- Chewing gum: Constantly chewing gum contributes to burping, and so avoiding chewing gum or sucking on hard candy is another way to control burping.
- Avoid certain foods: Foodstuffs like broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, sprouts, and lentils can produce excessive gas and should be avoided in people who have persistent burping.
Follow the above steps in your daily routine; still if your burping problem persists, it is time to consult your physician.
I am married and have loving husband and family. But some recurring situations create problems and bothers me a lot. I need to seek consultation so that either mine or his behavior should not lead to big problem in life. I need to save my married life as its actually the best I have.
Pelvic pain is most common in women, though sometimes it occurs in men as well. There is absolutely no reason why pelvic pain cannot be treated and therefore women need not panic if they are experiencing such pain. The treatment of any pain can be done methodically after discovering its cause. Thus, before jotting down the treatments for pelvic pain, it is important to explore the reasons that cause pelvic pain in women.
Reasons for pelvic pain
- Reproductive organs in women play an important part in causing pelvic pain. The reproductive organ is complex when it comes to women and many small or big problems there might end up leading to pelvic pain.
- Any urinary infection or bladder irritation might also lead to pelvic pain.
- The nerves and muscles of the abdomen may cause pain in the pelvis area as well. In fact, the nerves and muscles are very tender near the pelvis area and care should be taken so that one does not strain them or pull the ligaments. This can cause severe pain.
- Another interesting point to be noted is that sometimes even after going through a lot of examinations, no causes of pelvic pain are found. In such cases it is understood that the pelvic pain is a manifestation of the remains of a long forgotten injury or accident.
- It has been examined and found out that physical abuse can at times lead to chronic pelvic pain. Though this link has not yet been understood properly, but it is seen to be true.
Treatments for pelvic pain
- The most basic treatment is to apply heating pad on the affected area. Heat helps in relaxing the muscles and nerves thereby, lessening the pain. However, this would reduce the pain, but cannot make it disappear in a day. Thus, it is a continued process for a week or 10 days till the pain recedes.
- Relaxation techniques like meditation, breathing exercises, yoga and even muscle exercises like jogging help in reducing the pain. However, this should be done under guidance. One wrong move can actually aggravate the pain instead of lessening it.
- Then there are painkillers which are non-steroidal and help in lessening the pain. Painkillers have a correct dosage and must be taken only after consulting a doctor. Self-medication in such cases can prove disastrous.
- At times, when all medications fail, surgery is the last resort.
Thus, these are some of the treatments that can be undertaken if and when you are experiencing pelvic pain. All these are connected to the root cause and must be followed only under medical supervision.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, your body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this, tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with Type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is a darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds on skin in areas such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of Type 2 diabetes
Some of the most common causes of Type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy if necessary
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.