Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Psychologists in India. You will find Psychologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychologists online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Apeksha Raj
Treatment of Depression
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Memory Loss
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Treatment of OCD
Treatment Of Anxiety Attacks
Treatment of Stress at Work
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Alcohol Withdrawal
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Treatment of Personality Disorder
Substance Addiction Management
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Treatment of Psychosis
Submit a review for Dr. Apeksha RajYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Everyone forgets things once in a while, but for some people this forgetfulness can be a sign of a bigger problem. People who cannot remember important information about their life may be said to be suffering from dissociative amnesia. This can cause memory loss of specific events and themes or make the person forget a majority of their identity and history in general. This dissociative disorder can be mild or be severe enough to affect the daily functioning of a person.
Lost memories cannot be brought back with treatment but treatment can help a person suffering from this disorder reconnect with people and feel secure in their surroundings. The treatment of this condition must be customized to the person’s symptoms. Some forms of treatment for dissociative amnesia are:
- Psychotherapy: This is also known as talk therapy as it largely involves conversations between the patient and doctor. It is the main form of therapy used to treat this condition and can also act as an umbrella for many other types of therapy.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy: Cognitive therapy focuses on changing the person’s behaviour. It focuses on thinking patterns and feelings that are harmful to the person self-image.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing: Dissociative amnesia is often associated with traumatic events. In such cases eye movement desensitization and reprocessing is used to address symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorders such as nightmares and flashbacks.
- Dialectic behaviour therapy: People who have suffered from abuse or trauma may have severe personality disturbances which may include dissociative amnesia. In such cases, dialectic behaviour therapy may be used.
- Family therapy: Dissociative amnesia is often a recurrent condition and affects not only the life of the patient but that of his or her family as well. Hence therapy for the entire family is often necessary.
- Creative therapies: Cognitive therapy includes art therapy, music therapy etc. This allows patients to explore different ways of expressing their thoughts and feelings.
- Meditation: Meditation and practising relaxation techniques make people more aware of their internal stress levels and equip them to better handle their symptoms.
- Clinical hypnosis: When being used to treat this disorder, hypnosis allows a person to express thoughts and emotions they may have hidden form their conscious minds. Through hypnosis the patient can achieve a different state of consciousness through relaxation techniques, concentration and attention.
- Medication: Dissociative amnesia cannot be treated through medication but antidepressants and anti-anxiety medication can help deal with the disorder by calming the mind.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 26 year male smoking from last 5 years. Due to smoking RBC and hemoglobin in my blood increased and my body feels weak. I want to quit smoking.
The psychiatrist prescribed me one medicine that included following ing: benfotiamine (150mg, mecobalamin (1500mcg, alpha lipoic acid (100mg, chromium picolinate (200mcg) & inositol (150mg) for anxiety disorder and strongness of nerves but after taking it for 10 days once a day I observed side effects as mind could not do multiple tasks I want to ask till how much time its effects last and what can be done to reverse the side effects as I have heard that its prescribed to diabetic patients and as I m non diabetic so till how much time its effect will last.
I can not concentrate on one aim. I am confused about my choice, my goal. I am still searching myself.
Body dysmorphic disorder is a type of psychiatric disorder. It is when you cannot think about one or more defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws are usually very minor and sometimes even unnoticeable. This is actually a much more serious disorder than many other people may think. This is because people with body dysmorphic disease may avoid many situations and also suffer from severe anxiety or shame. Here is everything you need to know about body dysmorphic disease.
Just like other psychiatric disorders, there is no known cause of body dysmorphic disease. However, there are a lot of factors, which increases your risk of developing it which include:
1. Brain disorders: Many people with abnormal brain chemistry disorders suffer from body dysmorphic disease.
2. Genes: People whose blood relatives have this disease or have obsessive compulsive disorder are more likely to develop this disorder as well.
3. Environment: Cultural and social influences are a major cause of body dysmorphic disorder as well.
There are, however a lot of symptoms of body dysmorphic disorder, most of which are psychological in nature. They include:
1. Having a preoccupation with a flaw in the body, which is very minor or perhaps even unnoticeable.
2. Beliefs that people are mocking you in relation to your flaw.
3. Being a perfectionist
It is also worth noting that this obsession can affect any part of the body and can also include several parts of the body or different parts of the body at different times. Here are the possible treatments of body dysmorphic disorder.
There are a variety of treatments, which a patient can opt for and a variety of methods of curing the problem. Here are the most common.
1. Cognitive behavioral therapy: This is when a therapist tries to stop you from thinking about the flaw that you have been focusing on way too much.
2. SSRI: SSRI stands for Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors. They are given in cases, where body dysmorphic disorder is caused by problems related to the brain chemical serotonin.
3. Hospitalization: This is a severe measure, but may need to be taken if you are in danger of harming somebody or you cannot perform daily activities. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Stress is the physical or emotional response of the body to an internal or external stimulus that upsets the equilibrium of the body. The contemporary lifestyle causes a lot of stress, which may have adverse impacts on your health. The stress hormones which are secreted in animals only during starvation, childbirth or torture are secreted in human beings all the time.
Natural remedies like homeopathy can be used to combat stress without harmful side effects. Since stress is responsible for several health problems and homeopathy aims at eliminating the root cause of said disorders, these remedies can cure a lot of stress related problems too.
The common homeopathic medicines used to deal with stress are:
- Arsenicum album: It is beneficial for people who are anxious, fastidious, nervous or excessively critical. It is also used for patients who exhibit tendencies of paranoia, such as arriving hours early for an appointment out of an irrational fear of being late.
- Calcarea carbonica: It is an appropriate remedy for work related stress or burnout. Often, people feel an intense amount of pressure at their workplaces because they feel that they are constantly being watched and evaluated, and are afraid of making even minor mistakes or have strict deadlines to meet.
- Gelsemium: Gelsemium is an immediate solution to anxiety and apprehension caused by an upcoming event such as a performance, an interview or a test. Gelsemium can relieve symptoms like short-term paralysis, increased pulse rate, dizziness, nausea and indigestion.
- Argentum nitricum: It is useful for nervous fits and impulses caused by suggestibility and extreme mental exertion.
- Ignatia amara: This is used to deal with depression caused by stress factors like humiliation, fear, guilt and loss. People who go into shock can also be treated with Ignatia amara.
- Kali phosphoricum: It can provide relief from exhaustion due to overwork or prolonged illness. The patient becomes over sensitive, anxious and feels unable to cope with stress.
- Natrum muriaticum: It is the treatment for symptoms like insomnia, claustrophobia, frequent headaches and pain around the eyes. It is also used to treat stress caused by isolation and dejection.
- Pulsatilla: It is a remedy for mild or violent mood swings caused by stress. The patient may alternate between over excitement and depression within a very short period of time.
- Sepia: It is a homeopathic medicine that is used to treat patients of stress who have developed cognitive defect and memory problems.