Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ankur Singhal
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Knee Injury Treatment
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Submit a review for Dr. Ankur SinghalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ankur Singhal to be knowledgeable. I am diabetic since 1996 and taking insulin 12 units in morning
Tarun Kumar Gupta
Any Doctor may be expert in his field but a patient need expertness as well as a good behaviour like family members from his Doctor. Dr. Ankur Singhal is having both the qualities i.e. expertness as well as sympathetic and kind behiour with his patients. There are very few like him. God may bless him and give strength to continue the same in future.
Dr Ankur is an expert in Ortho and is great with his patients. My experience has been great with Dr Ankur as he is responsive, his treatments are really effective.
What test should I take to know whether my knee pain is due 2 arthritis or gap I joint 0r early stage of osteitis as I am suffering frm knee pain sometimes the pain increases and can not climb stairs my age is 48 years and d pain is since 4 yrssometimes I do not feel pain.
What can i do if leg break when I am playing game. And I realize it after two to three hours of this?
I have hypo thyroid (past 7 years), since 2 weeks I am having joint pains. Is that related and what should I do?
I'm 22 years old. From My elbow and shoulders joint the little friction sound is heard. Not any pain occur Not any swelling. please suggest medicine and diet to build up my bone. The problem was from my childhood.
Arthritis is a disease that affects the joints, muscles and soft tissues, which cause stiffness, disability and pain. It is one of the complex conditions and has also been discovered in the remains of people living more than 500,000 years ago.
Although it is usually found in people above 50 years, in rare cases, it can affect younger generations as well. The three most common forms are osteoarthritis, fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. The symptoms of some arthritis, such as rheumatoid arthritis, include the following:
- Joints turning red, warm, swollen
- Painful joints
- Unexplained fever
- Weight loss
- Swollen lymph glands
These symptoms typically last more than two weeks.
Few facts about arthritis
Most people, even though diagnosed with arthritis, are unaware of the following facts:
- Snakes, bees, and ants: After years of treatment, some people have turned to specific natural therapies that come from snakes, bees and ants. As per a study by researchers in Brazil, bee sting venom helps reduce the symptoms of arthritis.
- Gout is a form of arthritis: Repeated flare-ups, pain and swelling are the result of uric acid, built around the joints. This can be due to genetic predisposition, some diseases and consumption of excess meat, seafood, fructose-sweetened drinks or alcohol. The bunion joint that connects the big toe to the foot is often affected first in people who have gout.
- Children get arthritis too: Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis is the most common amongst children and affects kids between the ages of 1 - 3 or 8 - 12 years. It strikes girls about twice as often as boys. As per a recent survey, 1 in every 250 children globally suffers from arthritis.
- Injuries increase the risk of arthritis: Injured joints are prone to develop osteoarthritis (OA). People with knee injuries have six times the chance, while those with hip injuries are three times more likely to develop OA.
- Climate cannot cure: People have a misconception that wet, cold climates cause arthritis rather than a warmer climate. Unfortunately, that's not the case. Orthopaedics confirmed the same frequency for both warm and cold climates. However, sore joints find warm atmosphere more soothing.
- Obesity increases the risk: Excess weight is one of the primary causes of osteoarthritis, especially for weight-bearing joints like knees, and to less extended hips. But there is also a higher risk to joints like ankles, back, big toes and hands.
- Animals can also develop: Not only humans but animals like dogs, cats and others can also develop osteoarthritis. The symptoms are almost the same as the ones faced by a human. It can also lead to a loss of appetite, which can cause weight loss.
- Race counts: Both whites and African Americans experience arthritis at similar rates. However, blacks have higher chances of severe joint pain and limitations in activity as compared to whites.
- Women are prone to arthritis: Statistics show that women have a significantly higher risk for all types of arthritis except gout. As per the Arthritis Community, Research & Evaluation Unit, women are twofold more prone to arthritis than men.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!